Options

Kat & Alfie Wedding

soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How exactly did they just get married with no ID?

Comments

• Options
    KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's exactly what I was thinking, they made it explicitly clear that to cut down on fraud in the last episode, they needed ID to get a house. You need that same form of ID to get married
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    You also need to declare intent to marry in advance, which they clearly haven't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's exactly what I was thinking, they made it explicitly clear that to cut down on fraud in the last episode, they needed ID to get a house. You need that same form of ID to get married

thats what I though or there would be illegal aliens getting married left right and centre for the fake marriage cert
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhgts wrote: »
    You also need to declare intent to marry in advance, which they clearly haven't.

Yeah, in fact, didn't they explicitly state earlier in the year (or last year) on EE that you couldn't get married because of a cancellation, that it had to happen in advance. I seem to recall some other couple wanting to get married spur of the moment but couldn't
  • Options
    endersandoaksendersandoaks Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    Just another thing where has Alfie got them living now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, in fact, didn't they explicitly state earlier in the year (or last year) on EE that you couldn't get married because of a cancellation, that it had to happen in advance. I seem to recall some other couple wanting to get married spur of the moment but couldn't

yeah you still have to have your marriage banns read i guess the intent to marry is the registry office version of that.

my friend got married in the lakes and had to do the registry office forms and provide birth certificates etc well before the date of the wedding
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just another thing where has Alfie got them living now?

next door to the beales
  • Options
    theiatheia Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wondered the same. When I worked as a Registrar, admittedly some years ago, the usual notice for marriage was 21 days.
  • Options
    PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    next door to the beales

How has he managed this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How has he managed this?

It was up for rent, alfie went to view etc and was supposed to pay the deposit. but the insurance didnt pay so he couldnt.
    He didnt tell anyone and just got his mate to change the lock saying he lost his keys.

they are now squatting with only alfie knowing that of course

edit i think its next to the beales it looked it when he viewed its no 43 anyway
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, sounds about right
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theia wrote: »
    I wondered the same. When I worked as a Registrar, admittedly some years ago, the usual notice for marriage was 21 days.

I can't imagine it will have changed much.

sounds a pretty cool job to have though :)
  • Options
    theiatheia Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    I can't imagine it will have changed much.

sounds a pretty cool job to have though :)

Probably not. The procedure of "giving notice" was very involved and involved several forms of ID.

I quite enjoyed it but, at my first couple of marriages, I shook more than than the brides and grooms :blush:
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We were trying to work out whose house was No 43?
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought them getting re-married was awful they should have waited until next year to have Kat and Alfie re-marry. It hasn't even been a year yet since their divorce from their first marriage was finalised and then Alfie went on to marry and divorce Roxy. So that means that in space of less than one year Alfie has got divorced, got re-married, got divorced and then got re-married again which is absolutely ridiculous.

After all the sleazy affairs, heartache and misery that haunted their first marriage their re-marriage should have been a happy occasion, a fresh start for them to wipe the slate clean and have a healthy, loving relationship. Instead we get them marrying half-heartedly on a whim with Alfie harbouring a massive secret from Kat. Which just shows that their new marriage is just as blighted as their previous one.
  • Options
    VioletSummersVioletSummers Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weren't Kat and Alfie going to marry the same day they registered the twin's birth? They said about how it was too short notice. They would have registered and intent to marry and probably got the marriage license then.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weren't Kat and Alfie going to marry the same day they registered the twin's birth? They said about how it was too short notice. They would have registered and intent to marry and probably got the marriage license then.
    but that doesn't explain the ID which they would still have needed for the service to go ahead
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    We were trying to work out whose house was No 43?
    Its Jake and Sadie's old place, before that it was split into flats and Christian and Syed had the bottom one.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a pathetic rush job, There really determined to make Alfie as unlikable as possible, it's like they was just trying to squeeze as much as possible into one episode.

Do they not have to pay for register office as well for hiring of the room and registrar, how it that possible with him being skint, it's like they hope viewers won't notice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought them getting re-married was awful they should have waited until next year to have Kat and Alfie re-marry. It hasn't even been a year yet since their divorce from their first marriage was finalised and then Alfie went on to marry and divorce Roxy. So that means that in space of less than one year Alfie has got divorced, got re-married, got divorced and then got re-married again which is absolutely ridiculous.

After all the sleazy affairs, heartache and misery that haunted their first marriage their re-marriage should have been a happy occasion, a fresh start for them to wipe the slate clean and have a healthy, loving relationship. Instead we get them marrying half-heartedly on a whim with Alfie harbouring a massive secret from Kat. Which just shows that their new marriage is just as blighted as their previous one.
    Roxy and Alfie had their marriage annulled which probably explains why he and Kat are able to marry without a year having passed. Normally you have to be married a year before you can file for a divorce.
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is what I assumed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Doesnt it cost to get married and mo getting all that money for dinner and alfie changing the locks I thought they was skint
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    Its Jake and Sadie's old place, before that it was split into flats and Christian and Syed had the bottom one.

Thanks for that. My boys said so and I thought, "You what! It's been vacant ALL that time?"
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Spot on.

It should of been at Xmas for there 11th anniversary!
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    but that doesn't explain the ID which they would still have needed for the service to go ahead
    Presumably they took ID when they originally went to the registry office hoping to marry, but instead registered intent to marry.

I certainly didn't show any ID on the day I actually got married.