Options

***The KATY PERRY Appreciation Thread***

Comments

• Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    if the preview's up and ready to view I'd imagine the full video is already finished, just waiting for it's release. :) Can't wait. also, Katy performed at the mtv movie awards which is shown tonight on MTV at 9. :)
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't be able to watch that. I'll probably be asleep by then. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ahh I'm sky+ing it at 1am. :D that way my brother won't cancel it to watch golf
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina's performance was sensational, just WOW!!!Bionic/Not Myself Tonight/Woohoo medley was just incredible, very sci-fi and big sets and choreography :D EPIC

Katy's was just insane retro colour and fun and made me like the song more! should be a #1 without a doubt :) i loved the crazy costumes too and the whole vibe of it, CAMPEST PERFORMANCE EVER!!
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the cream-squirting bikini top Katy is wearing in the video. :D

She is hilarious. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just seen her performance. Loved it, that song has been stuck in my head for days now. Release it already! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Katy allegedly criticises GaGa's video although nowhere in the tweet does it mention it...

Meh oh well. It's a shame people don't take into consideration the fact that both Katy's mum and dad are extremely religious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^ Yeah. It's publicity though isn't it...:) seeing as the single is released over here soon followed by the album. Looking forward to both.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    ^ Yeah. It's publicity though isn't it...:) seeing as the single is released over here soon followed by the album. Looking forward to both.

I was singing California Gurls in my head today during my exam. :D Hopefully it wasn't out loud! :o

I love the "sun-kissed skin, so hot we'll melt your popsicle" bit. :D

I think the "I know a place where the grass is really greener" part is genius as well. Love the mix of metaphorical and literal meanings.
  • Options
    GenieInABottle.GenieInABottle. Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    So Katy allegedly criticises GaGa's video although nowhere in the tweet does it mention it...

Meh oh well. It's a shame people don't take into consideration the fact that both Katy's mum and dad are extremely religious.

I wouldn't bother with those Gaga fans. They use any excuse to have a kick off. It's usually Christina or Madonna who gets it. Now its Katy's turn but at least its not as tragic as the time Leona took a bashing from angry Gaga stans.
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't bother with those Gaga fans. They use any excuse to have a kick off. It's usually Christina or Madonna who gets it. Now its Katy's turn but at least its not as tragic as the time Leona took a bashing from angry Gaga stans.

Haha, i heard about about that is was the only GaGa fan sticking up for Katy Perry. I love both of em, epsically Thinking of you, That song is just magic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah I can't be arsed. I like GaGa and respect her as an artist but I really can't wait until the hype around her dies down. Also, she has totally "ripped off" Madonna in her latest video. They all accuse Leona, Christina etc for ripping off GaGa by wearing or recording something vaguely similar yet they rapidly defend GaGa when she "rips off" Madonna.

The point i'm trying to get across is that Christina etc don't rip off GaGa anymore than GaGa rips off Madonna. GaGa fans' logic makes me speechless.

Oh and btw, why did they rip into Leona? Please don't tell me it was because of that Alexander McQueen mask! Leona bloody wore that first! :sleep:
    Haha, i heard about about that is was the only GaGa fan sticking up for Katy Perry. I love both of em, epsically Thinking of you, That song is just magic.

You seem like one of the few sane GaGa fans. :D It's nice to know there are some normal GaGa fans around. :p

I love Thinking Of You too. The lyrics are it's main assets but I love how the music builds up and and then reaches a climax before turning acoustic right at the end. :D Stand out on the album. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You make yourself sound like an angel...... When in fact your one of the nastiest, bitchiest, most hypocritical posters on this entire forum who will tear a strip out of anyone if they say anything bad about Christina so please drop the act of cleaner than clean because it just isn't washing!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member
    gagaluv wrote: »
    You make yourself sound like an angel...... When in fact your one of the nastiest, bitchiest, most hypocritical posters on this entire forum who will tear a strip out of anyone if they say anything bad about Christina so please drop the act of cleaner than clean because it just isn't washing!

This is the Katy Perry Appreciation Thread.

Not the "Let's slag off the Gaga fans" or the "Let's bitch about the Christina fans". No offence, but you're all as bad as each other! And I'm a huge fan of both Katy and Gaga, and I think Christina is absolutely amazing!

Now enough! Time for one of Katy's most genius songs, methinks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQqy16e0jTc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MJ_lives wrote: »
    This is the Katy Perry Appreciation Thread.

Not the "Let's slag off the Gaga fans" or the "Let's bitch about the Christina fans". No offence, but you're all as bad as each other! And I'm a huge fan of both Katy and Gaga, and I think Christina is absolutely amazing!

this ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    You seem like one of the few sane GaGa fans. :D It's nice to know there are some normal GaGa fans around. :p

I love Thinking Of You too. The lyrics are it's main assets but I love how the music builds up and and then reaches a climax before turning acoustic right at the end. :D Stand out on the album. :D

Haha, i'm probally one of the only ones, i don't get them there all like abusing other artists like christina, madonna etc. They will probally turn on kylie, britney and katy soon, maybe even justin bieber haha.

Thinking of you is amazing i love the wierd lyrics, they sound kinda stupid but at the same time just brillant.

Ilove the album 2
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Rofl tbh :D

I can't wait for the California Girls video, I've been listening to this since it leaked. The choreography she does in the preview looks SICK.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katy Perry - California Gurls is #1 in USA!

WELL DONE :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jmac04 wrote: »

Great!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jmac04 wrote: »

Best US #1 so far! Although that doesn't say much. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She's doing X Factor!!! YAY!!!!

Erm, Dannii, take as long as you need off :D

I wonder if old Chezza will get lumbered next to Louis?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's doing X Factor!!! YAY!!!!

Erm, Dannii, take as long as you need off :D

I wonder if old Chezza will get lumbered next to Louis?

No Cheryl always sits with Simon.
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Great song, very popular with her fans and needing a wider audience imho. Really wish I could get a copy of Katy's original album* rather than just the songs added on to the special version of One Of The Boys :(

*The one for Colombia not the Katy Hudson album everyone has heard by now :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    silentNate wrote: »
    Great song, very popular with her fans and needing a wider audience imho. Really wish I could get a copy of Katy's original album* rather than just the songs added on to the special version of One Of The Boys :(

*The one for Colombia not the Katy Hudson album everyone has heard by now :o

I think you can get it, but only on download or youtube rip. One of the Boys was a great album though. Not one duff track for me. Hope Teenage Dreams is just as good, but I'm not sure I'll like it as much now she's ditched the pop rock sound. Still, I like California Gurls and E.T, so I'll probably buy it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think I love Katy oh so slightly. She was hilarious on thatJames Corden World Cup show. And good on her for wearing a half-American and half-English dress!