Options

***The NEW OFFICIAL Christina Aguilera Appreciation Thread (Part 2) ***

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's really annoying to see LOADS upon LOADS of viewers viewing her songs on You Tube and having no singles with high level of promo for the album :(

litenening to Stronger Than Ever now :)
  • Options
    molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys dont' forget to download the 'YLM' download bundle!

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/you-lost-me-ep/id385976385

I did yesterday :D
  • Options
    x_hayes_xx_hayes_x Posts: 6,285
    Forum Member
    i hope she announces dates when she performs on The X factor this year :) and also hoping she performs a new single or a song from the album not performed live yet :)

I mean just imagine it! either an uptempo song (Prima Donna live would be feirce! Glam would too!) or I Am which is just on such a huge scale, or maybe the remix of You Lost Me, get it to #1! and make the album return to the top 10 or something!

but i hope more is confirmed! :)

Is it confirmed that she's going a XF Performance this year then??? :confused:
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    x_hayes_x wrote: »
    Is it confirmed that she's going a XF Performance this year then??? :confused:

apparently it was confirmed on radio 1 last week some time...

According to another thread, that is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    apparently it was confirmed on radio 1 last week some time...

According to another thread, that is.

Ok well let's hope it's true then, anyone know when during the series??? Is it in December time??? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am hoping her performance on the show will be in November some time, or even on Halloween's live elimination show! maybe promote a remixed version of You Lost Me live then, and return to the show in one of the live finals and perform a medley live like Sir Paul did last year (and i was personally hoping Madonna would have performed a medley as expected last year...DAMN WARNERS!!!!!!!)

But it would be magic, i think The X Factor is what is needed for her now though, i mean if Beyonce didn't perform on the show in 2008 would her album have gotten the sales and would she have gotten as recognised as she has done due to her exposure on UK television??? I mean I Am...Sasha Feirce did decently prior to Bey's performance but really rocketed up the charts after she performed If I Was A Boy live and she's recognised across (not only the young) generations who watch the show now! and i think may have sold a million copies here in the UK since!

If Christina performs and also gets herself on The Graham Norton Friday Night Show on BBC One for an interview and performance and maybe an appearence on 4 Music (like P!nk and Beyonce did in 2008 for their albums! and Madonna and Britney had done YEARS prior) and also maybe Alan Carr Chatty Man if it's back on to perform and be interviewed Bionic could sell like hotcakes.

MANY still don't know Bionic has been released! i mean i was on You Tube in my course today listening to Stronger Than Ever and someone heard me and liked it and asked who it was and thought it was her! and i said she has an album out and i caught them off guard lol!

I truely don't think Bionic is really over unless Sony says they've had enough of it...which i sincerely hope not!
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am hoping her performance on the show will be in November some time, or even on Halloween's live elimination show! maybe promote a remixed version of You Lost Me live then, and return to the show in one of the live finals and perform a medley live like Sir Paul did last year (and i was personally hoping Madonna would have performed a medley as expected last year...DAMN WARNERS!!!!!!!)

But it would be magic, i think The X Factor is what is needed for her now though, i mean if Beyonce didn't perform on the show in 2008 would her album have gotten the sales and would she have gotten as recognised as she has done due to her exposure on UK television??? I mean I Am...Sasha Feirce did decently prior to Bey's performance but really rocketed up the charts after she performed If I Was A Boy live and she's recognised across (not only the young) generations who watch the show now! and i think may have sold a million copies here in the UK since!

If Christina performs and also gets herself on The Graham Norton Friday Night Show on BBC One for an interview and performance and maybe an appearence on 4 Music (like P!nk and Beyonce did in 2008 for their albums! and Madonna and Britney had done YEARS prior) and also maybe Alan Carr Chatty Man if it's back on to perform and be interviewed Bionic could sell like hotcakes.

MANY still don't know Bionic has been released! i mean i was on You Tube in my course today listening to Stronger Than Ever and someone heard me and liked it and asked who it was and thought it was her! and i said she has an album out and i caught them off guard lol!

I truely don't think Bionic is really over unless Sony says they've had enough of it...which i sincerely hope not!

Are you sure about this? If I Were a Boy reached number 1 and the album although not her strongest position had higher sales than B'Day in it's first week. Had a number 1 hit behind it and a hugely popular follow up single already in the public's conscious. It reached number 9 after the X Factor performance, it was after strong single number 4 or 5 Sweet Dream's that it reached number 2. (this is according to Wikipedia, but I don't think it's wrong, it's usually speculation that Wiki is wrong on)

I think she'd be better putting Bionic behind her, it's not got any hits on it, the tracks from Burlesque all sound superior so far, people like her movie soundtracks, Car Wash and Lady Marmalade did well, and Reflections is a popular song from Mulan. A strong soundtrack song that she can promote with the film, get her back in the public's radar then relaunch with better material next year around the DVD release time.

She's going to have a lot of Angst and feelings surrounding the end of her marriage, and if P!nk's Funhouse is anything to go by, it should lead to her FINALLY getting close to Stripped.
  • Options
    ghettoBLASTER!ghettoBLASTER! Posts: 5,220
    Forum Member
    Agree. Bionic is in the past. No tour is coming either. I don't know where people got that idea from. There is no interest for it.

They also have let You Lost Me fly right off the radar.

She wants to put work into the Movie promotion at least.

I also agree she needs a new album as soon as late next year. She can't wait. Even if its just an album of blues and soul covers (which wouldn't be such a bad move). Something needs to be released to keep her name in circulation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really hope that she bounces back & also that 'Burlesque' helps her get back into the spotlight again.....
  • Options
    JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just bought 'Stripped' and 'Back to Basics' online for £2 each! I'm so happy I can experience her earlier era's because I was too young to know anything beyond the singles she released from the album.

*waits by the postbox*
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Journal wrote: »
    Just bought 'Stripped' and 'Back to Basics' online for £2 each! I'm so happy I can experience her earlier era's because I was too young to know anything beyond the singles she released from the album.

*waits by the postbox*

:eek:good deal. I picked up Stripped again recently (my old copy was so unbelievably battered!!) for £4.99 on hmv.com
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What i would love to see happen is have an album released in the style that Christina was aiming for with Bionic, allow the freedom and control and include the demo's she worked on with Ladytron, Santigold, Linda Perry, Le Tigre etc. with a few new ones too and show that other side, like a sequel to Bionic remaining the same era, and a tour that would ship both albums!

^^^ that is if Bionic is totally left behind (i honestly hope not as it's potential is so frustrating)

Also listening to Stripped ALWAYS brings back so many memories of when it was released and it's impact and the fact that the material is so SO very timeless, i think personally that everyone MUST own the album. Back To Basics is so incredibly focused in its style and i think it's one of the finest crafted pop albums of the past decade in all honesty. Some didn't warm to it but Christina really hit it hard with that era, really vibrant and energetic album!

Bionic for me shows that next step along in her career, and although it took 4 years i honestly love the album, and don't understand why people don't think there are hits from the album, In fact across the two discs i think i have some of my all time favourite songs are on there by Christina! Monday Morning, Birds Of Prey and Stronger Than Ever IMO should have been on the regular disc of the album! they're BEYOND remarkable! and would love to see how I Am, Prima Donna, Glam, Woohoo, Bionic, Lift Me Up and Vanity would be performed live!

Also i find it annoying that the promotion over here was just lacking, I mean imagine if she did her interview and performed on Jonathan Ross (a missed opportunity i reckon! gonna miss his show) maybe do a Live Lounge for Radio 1 perform at The Big Weekend, Glastonbury or a summer festival over here (T4 On The Beach?!?!) Bionic would have got the recognition it deserves, and she stated in interviews that she was going to push Bionic out there and treat it like her child or something along those lines. Sadly Bionic has been neglected :(

Regardless, CANNOT WAIT to see Burlesque! the trailer, the leaked songs, the POSTER it just feels and looks like a hit, i hope it does well across the Winter for the Box Office, and hope the soundtrack does well too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Journal wrote: »

*waits by the postbox*

Great idea, they will be worth the wait I tell you! :):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    :eek:good deal. I picked up Stripped again recently (my old copy was so unbelievably battered!!) for £4.99 on hmv.com

It sounds like your old copy was very well used indeed lol not a bad thing though! :):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What i would love to see happen is have an album released in the style that Christina was aiming for with Bionic, allow the freedom and control and include the demo's she worked on with Ladytron, Santigold, Linda Perry, Le Tigre etc. with a few new ones too and show that other side, like a sequel to Bionic remaining the same era, and a tour that would ship both albums!

^^^ that is if Bionic is totally left behind (i honestly hope not as it's potential is so frustrating)

Also listening to Stripped ALWAYS brings back so many memories of when it was released and it's impact and the fact that the material is so SO very timeless, i think personally that everyone MUST own the album. Back To Basics is so incredibly focused in its style and i think it's one of the finest crafted pop albums of the past decade in all honesty. Some didn't warm to it but Christina really hit it hard with that era, really vibrant and energetic album!

Bionic for me shows that next step along in her career, and although it took 4 years i honestly love the album, and don't understand why people don't think there are hits from the album, In fact across the two discs i think i have some of my all time favourite songs are on there by Christina! Monday Morning, Birds Of Prey and Stronger Than Ever IMO should have been on the regular disc of the album! they're BEYOND remarkable! and would love to see how I Am, Prima Donna, Glam, Woohoo, Bionic, Lift Me Up and Vanity would be performed live!

Also i find it annoying that the promotion over here was just lacking, I mean imagine if she did her interview and performed on Jonathan Ross (a missed opportunity i reckon! gonna miss his show) maybe do a Live Lounge for Radio 1 perform at The Big Weekend, Glastonbury or a summer festival over here (T4 On The Beach?!?!) Bionic would have got the recognition it deserves, and she stated in interviews that she was going to push Bionic out there and treat it like her child or something along those lines. Sadly Bionic has been neglected :(

Regardless, CANNOT WAIT to see Burlesque! the trailer, the leaked songs, the POSTER it just feels and looks like a hit, i hope it does well across the Winter for the Box Office, and hope the soundtrack does well too!

Good point, we will just have to wait & see what happens.....

I hope that 'Bionic' doesn't get totally left behind though! :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good point, we will just have to wait & see what happens.....

I hope that 'Bionic' doesn't get totally left behind though! :cry:

she won't i am sure of it :) it's just been so misused :( and i desperately wanted to see her live with this album and with the film out, should be such a high era and stage of her career...and the thing is it still can it's just some people in the media (which has turned me off of what i read TOTALLY!) portrayng it as the worst comeback ever and whatever, yet it got just as much acclaim critically as Eminem's recent album, it's the lack of promo or attention to detail in the video's to get the era going which really bugs me now!

but i am hoping it can all be turned around soon :)
  • Options
    _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the style of the Burlesque soundtrack is going to be much more Back to Basics, which is my favourite era. I hope she performs a song from this on X Factor as I don't think a performance of a BIonic track would really do anything, plus I would love to hear a full, live version of a BUrlesque song :)

I hope next year, Christina begins work on a second spanish album and maybe even a second Christmas album, as both of the originals were spectacular.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    she won't i am sure of it :) it's just been so misused :( and i desperately wanted to see her live with this album and with the film out, should be such a high era and stage of her career...and the thing is it still can it's just some people in the media (which has turned me off of what i read TOTALLY!) portrayng it as the worst comeback ever and whatever, yet it got just as much acclaim critically as Eminem's recent album, it's the lack of promo or attention to detail in the video's to get the era going which really bugs me now!

but i am hoping it can all be turned around soon :)

*Fingers crossed!* Lol! :):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think the style of the Burlesque soundtrack is going to be much more Back to Basics, which is my favourite era. I hope she performs a song from this on X Factor as I don't think a performance of a BIonic track would really do anything, plus I would love to hear a full, live version of a BUrlesque song :)

I hope next year, Christina begins work on a second spanish album and maybe even a second Christmas album, as both of the originals were spectacular.

I agree! :):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry guys I know it's going off the topic of 'Bionic' & back to 'Christina Aguilera' but who else loves 'I Turn To You'??? I always think it's such an underrated song the fact it only got to number 19 when it was released! :cry: But I for one love the song & the video! <3:):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry guys I know it's going off the topic of 'Bionic' & back to 'Christina Aguilera' but who else loves 'I Turn To You'??? I always think it's such an underrated song the fact it only got to number 19 when it was released! :cry: But I for one love the song & the video! <3:):D

I adore 'ITTY'. Think it's a great track. Reminds me of Celine Dion's 'think twice' for some reason.

I personally think if Christina goes on XF for a performance she should do a medley like Alicia Keyes did last year. A song from 'Burlesque' then maybe 2 songs (shortened obviously) to close it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    molybecks wrote: »
    I adore 'ITTY'. Think it's a great track. Reminds me of Celine Dion's 'think twice' for some reason.

I personally think if Christina goes on XF for a performance she should do a medley like Alicia Keyes did last year. A song from 'Burlesque' then maybe 2 songs (shortened obviously) to close it.

Agreed & also 'Think Twice' is good track too! :):D
  • Options
    _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molybecks wrote: »

A Burlesque medley would be good! Or come out to Bionic and then go in to a big show-stopper from the movie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed & also 'Think Twice' is good track too! :):D

It is :)
    A Burlesque medley would be good! Or come out to Bionic and then go in to a big show-stopper from the movie.

Yeah maybe...the only thing i'm thinking is because not many may know about 'Burlesque' it would be good to throw in one of her own hits too. I'm thinking a song from 'burlesque' then possibly a bit of 'fighter' and/or 'You lost me'. (YLM for promo).

I can't see her doing something like 'dirrty' it just doesn't seem to be 'her' anymore. Unless obviously she does it 'B2B' tour style.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yeah that would be good! :):D
This discussion has been closed.