Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering it is one of the biggest selling albums of the millenium...i do feel Music is so overlooked caught inbetween the rebirth of ROL and the controversies of AL.

Music is a perfect album, very dark, very experimental, very beautiful....i absolutely love the story it tells....its like in a way she is grounding herself but branching out her roots across the CD....Techno, Trance, Electronrip Hope AND acoustics/stripped back rock elements...beautiful record.

So many memories about the Music album...such an era...i just kinda wished they did more at Warner to shwocase the album....but then again they didnt "need" to, brilliant promo tour, visuals. Just wish the tour wasnt quite as grungy and steampunk in areas....but LOVED use of ANime and Sci-Fi watery effects :cool:

Paradise (Not For Me) is one of the greatest songs ever made IMO!

Exactly i agree and also has a rare sound to it that only Madonna could bring and her song writing on this record aswell speaks for itself im still in love with Music now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know the name of the remix of GGW used in her perfume ad?!
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why have you been absent for so long??? :(

I almost didnt recognise you with your clothes on :(

Been like nelly loose on the other pages i also got involved in a lengthy debate regarding Adele and a taylor stan but i shot that bitch down and am back :p
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Like a moth to a flame, only I am to blame...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    like a moth to a flame for me is synonymous janet thats the way love goes lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly i agree and also has a rare sound to it that only Madonna could bring and her song writing on this record aswell speaks for itself im still in love with Music now.

Definitely....you can really pour into her mindset with the Music album.

Like Ray Of Light was a rebirth, her new light, finding her path, self discovery, self battles, progression.

Music is about grasping it by the horns, discovering new environments, experimenting and testing new waters, Her motherhood/parental sides, wife sides and personal sides...thats why i feel Music is such a schitzo record in a phenomenal way....definitely eserves more credit where due...so glad some reviewers mentioned the Music album in reference to recent material to pop starlets last year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RaiseItUp wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of the remix of GGW used in her perfume ad?!

It is the Aviccii Remix....absolutely LOVE it...hope they hook up in the future! Very interesting mix of the song i feel...she posted it on her Vevo with her Ultra Miami festival infamous "molly" cameo there :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Been like nelly loose on the other pages i also got involved in a lengthy debate regarding Adele and a taylor stan but i shot that bitch down and am back :p

YEAH!! bang bang shot em dead shot that fu*ker in the head ;)

WAHOO!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    like a moth to a flame for me is synonymous janet thats the way love goes lol

Oh yeah when i heard it on TUTR i thought to myself....i know it was a lyric in something i KNOW!!! Course was Janet...Ms Jackson if yer nasteeeh :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha seriously this woman hates poor Adele and ahhh Alan just said nelly on next week yay.

And I love that song Janet an underrated classicise a softer more sensuous erotica.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha seriously this woman hates poor Adele and ahhh Alan just said nelly on next week yay.

And I love that song Janet an underrated classicise a softer more sensuous erotica.

I will deffo check that one out...not seen Chatty Man at all this year!

And yeah i love the Janet. record...i really do feel Erotica paved the way for an album like that...i mean had Madonna not done Erotica it really wouldnt have allowed for as much flexibility in Pop music....Kudos M! :cool: but Janet. is very kinda soft with it and doesnt conceptualise as intensely i suppose....BUT i do love the flow of the record.

Rhythm Nation, Janet and Velvet Rope are her absolute album heights.

Which is why i feel there needs to be three Pop Princesses tbh.

Janet - The Underrated Attacky Princess

Britney - The Tragic Comeback Princess

Kylie - The Optimistic Longevity Princess
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will deffo check that one out...not seen Chatty Man at all this year!

And yeah i love the Janet. record...i really do feel Erotica paved the way for an album like that...i mean had Madonna not done Erotica it really wouldnt have allowed for as much flexibility in Pop music....Kudos M! :cool: but Janet. is very kinda soft with it and doesnt conceptualise as intensely i suppose....BUT i do love the flow of the record.

Rhythm Nation, Janet and Velvet Rope are her absolute album heights.

Which is why i feel there needs to be three Pop Princesses tbh.

Janet - The Underrated Attacky Princess

Britney - The Tragic Comeback Princess

Kylie - The Optimistic Longevity Princess

I think in some respects they both paved the way for the sex confessional madonna had the hard power tragedian side whilst Janet explored the female sexuality more like two halves of a whole.

And I would put it.

Janet- the queen that could have been

Britney- teen idol and tragic princess

Kylie- The true and rightful princess of pop and fprefer heir to the throne
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think in some respects they both paved the way for the sex confessional madonna had the hard power tragedian side whilst Janet explored the female sexuality more like two halves of a whole.

And I would put it.

Janet- the queen that could have been

Britney- teen idol and tragic princess

Kylie- The true and rightful princess of pop and fprefer heir to the throne

Exactly...i mean Madonna created the Dita alter-ego to fully explore what love, sex, relationships in human life were like...the bitterness, the darkness, the brutality, the sadisticness as well as the euphoric twists, journeys and passions we all travel with....that need to be wanted and the results of that....which is why for me Erotica was and is so way ahead of the era it was released in. And Janet. as an album very much borrowed some of that energy but as you say Hav channeled it into her new romance, her two halves/puzzle structure of the album...it is all Janet. but Janet to that point....sexy, cool, funky, sweet and just a lil bit edgy too ;)

And i do see what you mean with them....but for me they three cater different needs.

Kylie for me has been in my household since mum saw Neighbours tbh ya know? a guilty pleasure really for me and my mum is a die hard.....well die hard music fan....but loves Minogue (strangely was surprised she didnt like Dannii!)

Britney i have grown up with of course and live for basically :D...and Janet i have explored the past 5/6 years really and fell in love with :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly...i mean Madonna created the Dita alter-ego to fully explore what love, sex, relationships in human life were like...the bitterness, the darkness, the brutality, the sadisticness as well as the euphoric twists, journeys and passions we all travel with....that need to be wanted and the results of that....which is why for me Erotica was and is so way ahead of the era it was released in. And Janet. as an album very much borrowed some of that energy but as you say Hav channeled it into her new romance, her two halves/puzzle structure of the album...it is all Janet. but Janet to that point....sexy, cool, funky, sweet and just a lil bit edgy too ;)

And i do see what you mean with them....but for me they three cater different needs.

Kylie for me has been in my household since mum saw Neighbours tbh ya know? a guilty pleasure really for me and my mum is a die hard.....well die hard music fan....but loves Minogue (strangely was surprised she didnt like Dannii!)

Britney i have grown up with of course and live for basically :D...and Janet i have explored the past 5/6 years really and fell in love with :)

Totally erotica was harsh and bold whereas Janet was soft sensuous and funky.

And for me Kylie edges it as even after failure she remains fearless and continues to explore and reinvent herself Britney has failed to really come back and explore herself again I mean last time was ITZ and yeah Danni not so much either i mean Kylie would neve do Simon :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally erotica was harsh and bold whereas Janet was soft sensuous and funky.

And for me Kylie edges it as even after failure she remains fearless and continues to explore and reinvent herself Britney has failed to really come back and explore herself again I mean last time was ITZ and yeah Danni not so much either i mean Kylie would neve do Simon :D

Totally...but that is what makes em! Erotica is a masterpeice of its era and forever tbh...and Janet. is a massive statement recording!

Well of course you would say Kylie edges it :D......predictable Hav ;) hehe! kiddin :P

Yeah i suppose....but then again Femme Fatale was of the best of the crop last year...and with minimal input it slayed :D. Shes on Furty Yrs Old so she has a lot to go :cool:...i hope!

Yeah Kylie i feel has a lot more....positive energy around her that makes her HER whereas Dannii i think put mum off because....basically shed tap anything :D...plus i dont think she liked that i told her she dated Julian...Mum LOVED Nip/Tuck :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally...but that is what makes em! Erotica is a masterpeice of its era and forever tbh...and Janet. is a massive statement recording!

Well of course you would say Kylie edges it :D......predictable Hav ;) hehe! kiddin :P

Yeah i suppose....but then again Femme Fatale was of the best of the crop last year...and with minimal input it slayed :D. Shes on Furty Yrs Old so she has a lot to go :cool:...i hope!

Yeah Kylie i feel has a lot more....positive energy around her that makes her HER whereas Dannii i think put mum off because....basically shed tap anything :D...plus i dont think she liked that i told her she dated Julian...Mum LOVED Nip/Tuck :D

That is what makes it it's seemingly cold and only reveals it self on further listens janet my one complaint way too long cut down would been more impactul.

And well haha not just for my love for her but in general she more than anyone else can be knocked down and not only smile but create great albums and classics and for Simeon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That is what makes it it's seemingly cold and only reveals it self on further listens janet my one complaint way too long cut down would been more impactul.

And well haha not just for my love for her but in general she more than anyone else can be knocked down and not only smile but create great albums and classics and for Someone they passed offed and ignored as a singing budgie britney needs more bloody input is all.

And no only dated married :p girl gets round typical younger sister
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And well haha not just for my love for her but in general she more than anyone else can be knocked down and not only smile but create great albums and classics and for Someone they passed offed and ignored as a singing budgie britney needs more bloody input is all.

And no only dated married :p girl gets round typical younger sister

Exactly what i love about it...Erotica is a storyline not just a concept album...and yeah Janet. takes a day to rech track 10.....but tbh...only Janet can make an album a fortnight long and somehow have enough strings and stuff to keep it interesting and really make it work :D

Yeah i know....you forever biased to the Aussie/Welsh Watchemacalit :D....tbh Kylie i feel similar with to Cher...and both have a similar story....each knocked down but (and while you may not agree) never truly made a "masterpeice record"...BUT come back with real strong material (Cher with Heart Of Stone, Love Hurts and Believe...Kylie with her debut album and Fever) where the media would put them back in positive light and theyd get on with it.

But for me Britney and her personal media backlash struggles i really fell for! You know? like why is my older sister going through that kinda level..and "singing budgie??" wtf!?!?! :D

And yeah...i wont tell mum that :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also forgot McMahon was in Charmed too :-O loved that show (in the peak years)

Playing Sanctuary/Bedtime Story and sending me of into a trippy snooze....i demand the warpdest dreams yet! :)

Night everyone! wet dreams :)
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah when i heard it on TUTR i thought to myself....i know it was a lyric in something i KNOW!!! Course was Janet...Ms Jackson if yer nasteeeh :cool:

But you forgot To Have Not To Hold?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly what i love about it...Erotica is a storyline not just a concept album...and yeah Janet. takes a day to rech track 10.....but tbh...only Janet can make an album a fortnight long and somehow have enough strings and stuff to keep it interesting and really make it work :D

Yeah i know....you forever biased to the Aussie/Welsh Watchemacalit :D....tbh Kylie i feel similar with to Cher...and both have a similar story....each knocked down but (and while you may not agree) never truly made a "masterpeice record"...BUT come back with real strong material (Cher with Heart Of Stone, Love Hurts and Believe...Kylie with her debut album and Fever) where the media would put them back in positive light and theyd get on with it.

But for me Britney and her personal media backlash struggles i really fell for! You know? like why is my older sister going through that kinda level..and "singing budgie??" wtf!?!?! :D

And yeah...i wont tell mum that :D

Exactly sometimes listening to Janet's album its like WTF only track 6 and its been what feels like a month :D and erotica i love it i really do.

And of course and i Disagree of course Fever was a total masterpiece flawless and innovative in one fell swoop from Ly- X a flawless collection of albums.

And he was yes also son of the Ex Aussie prime minister and ex hubby of danni i know alot of worthless info :p

And singing budgie was a reference by someone maybe michael hutchence or the press they called her the singing budgie from down under lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    But you forgot To Have Not To Hold?

OF COURSE!!!

Okay...its everywhere :D
This discussion has been closed.