******Sleepy Hollow Season 1 (us-pace) *****

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hFg9qS_u3w

Starts September 16th on FOX :D

To me, this looks like the best new series of the television season!

I think it will do very well, however, the season will be restricted..even if it does well I don't think it will be getting a back order of episodes.

Maybe 15 episodes tops, and then The Following Season 2 will be taking over its timeslot

"HEADS WILL ROLL"
:cool:

Comments

• MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Yes, I have been looking forward to this. Love the trailer. I posted the trailer in the Doctor Who forum a while ago and said Tom Mison playing Icabod Crane seems like the perfect "Doctor" for Doctor Who.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't even know about this, looks very interesting! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    Yes, I have been looking forward to this. Love the trailer. I posted the trailer in the Doctor Who forum a while ago and said Tom Mison playing Icabod Crane seems like the perfect "Doctor" for Doctor Who.
    MoreTears since you live across the pond I take it you follow US TV alot and news?

Have you heard anything about how this will play out? Its definitely not eligible for a back 9 isn't it not?
    Forum Member
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    MoreTears since you live across the pond I take it you follow US TV alot and news?

Have you heard anything about how this will play out? Its definitely not eligible for a back 9 isn't it not?

It is scheduled for 9 pm Monday on Fox, starting September 16. The Following will definitely be taking over that slot in early 2014. It is not expected that Sleepy Hollow will go beyond 13 episodes this season, but if it is a surprise hit right from the start, I think what we would see is a back nine ordered and then those nine episodes would air in a new time slot in 2014. But that is only if Sleepy Hollow were to be a big hit, which I doubt it will be. I am just hoping the ratings are good enough for it to avoid the Headless Horseman's cancellation axe.:D I would be quite happy with 13 episodes a season for multiple seasons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is scheduled for 9 pm Monday on Fox, starting September 16. The Following will definitely be taking over that slot in early 2014. It is not expected that Sleepy Hollow will go beyond 13 episodes this season, but if it is a surprise hit right from the start, I think what we would see is a back nine ordered and then those nine episodes would air in a new time slot in 2014. But that is only if Sleepy Hollow were to be a big hit, which I doubt it will be. I am just hoping the ratings are good enough for it to avoid the Headless Horseman's cancellation axe.:D I would be quite happy with 13 episodes a season for multiple seasons.
    Even if it is a big hitter I don't think it would get a back 9..
    Just by looking on Fox's line up they seem to be very much going for shorter seasons and one off's.

I wouldn't expect it to be a huge hit but I think it'll do just fine to warrant a second season.
    Forum Member
    Even if it is a big hitter I don't think it would get a back 9..

Fox, like all of the networks except CBS, needs hits, and every network will try to milk a hit when it gets one. The only reason The Following isn't getting more episodes this season that it had last season is because Kevin Bacon made it clear when he accepted his role that he would not do more than 15 episodes a season. But the point is moot anyway in this thread, because I don't think Sleepy Hollow is going to be a hit, and we seem to agree about that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fox, like all of the networks except CBS, needs hits, and every network will try to milk a hit when it gets one. The only reason The Following isn't getting more episodes this season that it had last season is because Kevin Bacon made it clear when he accepted his role that he would not do more than 15 episodes a season. But the point is moot anyway in this thread, because I don't think Sleepy Hollow is going to be a hit, and we seem to agree about that.
    Hmm true..I didn't know that about Kevin Bacon...

a bit off topic but I absolutly love the direction US TV seems to be going in lately....

Sleepy Hollow, Dracula, Hannibal, Bates Motel.....whats next I wonder :)
    Forum Member
    .....whats next I wonder :)

Oooh, greater things than you could possibly imagine.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh, greater things than you could possibly imagine.:)
    IF YOU KNOW SPILL!!

haha
    Forum Member
    IF YOU KNOW SPILL!!

haha

This is for drama series only, as I don't really pay much attention to comedy series before they are on TV. You already know about Sleepy Hollow and Dracula. The other new network shows for fall that I plan to at least check out (and for which you can find trailers at YouTube) are:

The Blacklist (NBC)
    Hostages (CBS)
    Once Upon A Time In Wonderland (ABC)
    Reign (The CW)
    Almost Human (Fox)

New network shows that are supposed to be mid-season replacements and that I will check out (and for which there are trailers at YouTube) are:

Believe (NBC)
    Crisis (NBC)
    Resurrection (ABC)
    Mind Games (ABC)

New cable shows I plan to check out and for which there are trailers at YouTube are:

Low Winter Sun (AMC) -- Starts August 11
    Masters Of Sex (Showtime) -- Starts Sept. 29
    Black Sails (Starz) -- Starts January 2014
    The Last Ship (TNT) -- Starts Summer 2014
    Legends (TNT) -- Starts Summer 2014

Cable shows on the way for which there are no trailers (yet) are as follows (you can read up on them, at least):

Lost Angels (TNT)
    Penny Dreadful (Showtime)
    True Detective (HBO)
    The Red Road (Sundance Channel)
    Outlander (Starz)
    Turn (AMC)
    Halt And Catch Fire (AMC)
    Power (Starz)
    The Knick (Cinemax)

Lastly, pilots have been ordered by cable channels that have NOT YET BEEN ORDERED TO SERIES, so may NEVER become series, or even see the light of day as one-offs. If you want to know more about them, you can at least look them up and read about them:

Line Of Sight (AMC)
    The Strain (FX)
    Tyrant (FX)
    The Missionary (HBO)
    The Leftovers (HBO)
    Open (HBO)
    The Vatican (Showtime)
    The Affair (Showtime)
    Horizon (USA)
    Quarry (Cinemax)
    High Moon (Syfy)
    Occult (A & E)
    The Royals (E!)
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks really good. Excited to see how it develops. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks really good. Excited to see how it develops. :)
    It does, looks absoulty fantastic! Didn't really realise how good it looked until I watched the trailer a second time.

It'll be going up against The Voice though, so it might have a tough ride.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is for drama series only, as I don't really pay much attention to comedy series before they are on TV. You already know about Sleepy Hollow and Dracula. The other new network shows for fall that I plan to at least check out (and for which you can find trailers at YouTube) are:

What I ment by my comment was that there are so many series being developed from old Horror movies/ Novels.. :D
    Forum Member
    What I ment by my comment was that there are so many series being developed from old Horror movies/ Novels.. :D

Oh, okay.:) Your preceding sentence praising "American TV" made me think you were wondering about "what's next" in terms of American television. Still, I hope you or others will find what I wrote informative or helpful in some way.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, okay.:) Your preceding sentence praising "American TV" made me think you were wondering about about "what's next" in terms of American television. Still, I hope you or others will find what I wrote informative or helpful in some way.:D
    Oh of course!! :) I plan on checking out most pilots this year.....and I'll even be venturing into dangerous territory mid-season when I try The 100 on the CW.....I usually HATE CW, given up on Supernatural, dropped Arrow .. but this looks quite good
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not long left.... :D

It's actually the first new show of the 2013/2014 season :)

5 weeks.
  • MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not long left.... :D

It's actually the first new show of the 2013/2014 season :)

5 weeks.

Not me. I usually wait a week to watch it on HULU. :( That way, I can record the episode and watch it at my leisure, later. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not long now :D
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starts on Monday :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished watching the first episode, and I think it's OK , so far.
    Forum Member
    I liked it, but there was probably too much ground to cover for a 44-minute pilot. It felt too rushed. Will definitely continue with the show.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Not bad for a 45 min pilot likeable actors playing the leads, will see how it goes:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame that it looks like we'll see no more of Clancy Brown, though.
    Forum Member
    Very strong ratings for the debut on Fox. I am happy to hear it.