Wanted down under....

jessmumjessmum Posts: 596
Forum Member
✭✭
Felt truly sorry for the bloke on today's episode, his wife is adamant that she wants to emigrate and despit all her cajoling you can see that he doesn't want to.

He kept breaking down in tears as he knows that he'd lose her and his kids if he didn't agree to go.

Felt really sorry for him! :cry::cry:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,832
    Forum Member
    I saw this and it was really unpleasant. They need marriage counselling, not a trip to Australia. The whole programme relies on emotional blackmail to get a story for the episode.... awful programme.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched one the other day and its a repeat and not even an update at the end.
    Wonder when they put new ones on?
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jessmum wrote: »
    Felt truly sorry for the bloke on today's episode, his wife is adamant that she wants to emigrate and despit all her cajoling you can see that he doesn't want to.

He kept breaking down in tears as he knows that he'd lose her and his kids if he didn't agree to go.

I've just watched this. What a horrible programme.

I'd have put her under the patio. Problem solved :D
  • aligailaligail Posts: 481
    Forum Member

I had to go out and missed the end - did they decide to emigrate? Ghastly woman - I couldn't believe how totally dismissive she was of his wishes - no compromising ! Poor man !
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shite programme, there is always one who wants to go and one that doesn't. I think it's a big fix :mad:
  • jessmumjessmum Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aligail wrote: »
    I had to go out and missed the end - did they decide to emigrate? Ghastly woman - I couldn't believe how totally dismissive she was of his wishes - no compromising ! Poor man !

Nicky Chapman revisited them afterwards at home and he was still under extreme pressure to emigrate.

She gave him the plastic card to vote again and he just broke down in tears. Poor bloke. The wife was unemotional - as hard as nails. Its her dream so she's going whether he wants it or not.

He did say in the end that if she could prove finanically they would be better off - if he had the hard facts he would be more inclined to consider it but it was all left hanging in the air.

You can see how this marriage is going to go - if they go he'll be forever unhappy and resent her - of they don't go then she'll resent him.Nightmare.
  • jasperqmjasperqm Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    I watched this episode and it made me feel very uncomfortable - poor bloke, the wife had brainwashed the children and they were ganging up on him. See it was filmed 2012 wonder if they are still together and in what country
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,669
    Forum Member
    I believe this is the series that was first aired in January and February in the 9.15am weekday slot

I can't believe how many un-genuine people there are out there clearly just entering the show to get a free holiday.

It's when you get the member of the family that is 100% sure that they'll get a better life down under but have never been.

I used to work in household removals and was shocked at the number of families that would jump ship and move their belongings lock, stock & barrel to the other side of the world only to not like it and return a year or two later.

We had one family that moved to Adelaide, as soon as they got there they discovered that one of their parents had cancer so decided to turn the whole shipping container around and send it back to the UK.

Before the container could arrive some six weeks later the cancer was clearly unbeatable and the parent sadly died.

After some few months they just started the whole process again and off they went.

Another family had never been to Australia and were sold on the life down under by watching a video at a travel show. Bought a home in Oz by watching videos and took the plunge and moved having never ever been there.

The real 'kick in the goolies' part of the show is when they show the video messages from home.

Only really watch the show for the scenery and the look on the faces of the idiots that take part when they realise they aren't going to get a 4 bed house with pool and huge garden for half the price of the UK as that era has long gone.
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this 'Brits emigrating to Oz' trend still happening?

I love Australia (been there a few times) but the dollar is very strong and the cost of living there has skyrocketed (Perth now being one of the worlds most expensive cities).

Yes there was a time you could sell your basic British house and afford a bigger one in a better location down under, but that seems long ago now.
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicky Chapman revisited them afterwards at home and he was still under extreme pressure to emigrate.

She gave him the plastic card to vote again and he just broke down in tears. Poor bloke. The wife was unemotional - as hard as nails. Its her dream so she's going whether he wants it or not.

He did say in the end that if she could prove finanically they would be better off - if he had the hard facts he would be more inclined to consider it but it was all left hanging in the air.

You can see how this marriage is going to go - if they go he'll be forever unhappy and resent her - of they don't go then she'll resent him.Nightmare.

The Morby family: She had brainwashed her 'girls' before ever going hadn't she? Until you really are that far away, how will you ever know what it feels like to be that stranded from everyone, everything you care about and more importantly,from everyone that cares about you?
    Even if you were financially better off, it just doesn't always seem worth it.
    If I had nobody, if I was all alone in the world, if my entire life was shit here, I might think about huge options like emigrating, or actually, if I knew the selfish cow push, push, pushing that poor bloke, I would hop on the nearest plane to anywhere, just to get away from her.
    What the hell is so wrong with being happy with what you've got? Blimey, some people would be delighted to be living in a county like Cornwall and both adults in employment.
    I will definitely be watching for updates on this one, I felt for that bloke, i really did.His wife even had the cheek to say when his final vote was undecided, that, "...I thought you were just going to grind your heels in again..." It's her digging her heels in, the way I saw it and used the girls as a weapon to manipulate.
    Horrible woman, to actually say on TV, that she was going with the girls anyway!Get her on a plane to the most desolate outback of Oz right now and let someone less selfish end up with that bloke.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davonator wrote: »
    Is this 'Brits emigrating to Oz' trend still happening?

I love Australia (been there a few times) but the dollar is very strong and the cost of living there has skyrocketed (Perth now being one of the worlds most expensive cities).

Yes there was a time you could sell your basic British house and afford a bigger one in a better location down under, but that seems long ago now.

It seems that some people are just chasing the dream, which doesn't often exist anymore and despite a reality check while there, still insist on pushing it down an unwilling partner's or kids throats.
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Downloading this on iPlayer as I do like to watch this programme if only for the emotional blackmail and sometimes how obvious it is that theyre just on the show to get a free holiday.

Anyone remember an episode from a few years ago where the family wanted to move to Brisbane (i think) to start a coffee shop. The hubby and wife knew nothing about coffee shops and spent their work experience part of the show just knowing sod all about even what machines you need to have in a normal coffee shop!!!

So obvious it was all a set up just to get a free holiday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    Downloading this on iPlayer as I do like to watch this programme if only for the emotional blackmail and sometimes how obvious it is that theyre just on the show to get a free holiday.

Anyone remember an episode from a few years ago where the family wanted to move to Brisbane (i think) to start a coffee shop. The hubby and wife knew nothing about coffee shops and spent their work experience part of the show just knowing sod all about even what machines you need to have in a normal coffee shop!!!

So obvious it was all a set up just to get a free holiday.

BIB: Oh yes, it is so obvious.
    I don't remember that episode, I really must seek it out somewhere to check, sounds pretty funny. I remember a few where a new grandchild from a son/daughter who were living over there was on the way and they just happened to get there around the time it was born.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    I don't usually watch this, but I caught it yesterday and was in complete and utter shock at what a total b*tch the wife was to poor Brendan, her husband. Really felt for him when he started crying (which was on more than one occasion!). I found myself actually yelling at the TV 'Tell her to *BLEEP* off!!!', I'm actually genuinely interested if they broke up over all this, cos it was like watching a marriage fall apart. Quite uncomfortable to watch, to be honest.
  • TheDevil666TheDevil666 Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched this yesterday - what a horrible, vindictive woman.

Anyway, I had a browse around on Facebook, and it appears they haven't moved. Thank god!
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if this is shown in Australia - anyone know ?
  • jessmumjessmum Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol today's couple are the same, Harry haroon desperate to go to Oz and despite every setback he votes Australia! His poor wife is being railroaded into going. Maybe he should move there with Angela morby!
  • aligailaligail Posts: 481
    Forum Member

Thanks for the update . I agree - i think the marriage is doomed !
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Lol today's couple are the same, Harry haroon desperate to go to Oz and despite every setback he votes Australia! His poor wife is being railroaded into going. Maybe he should move there with Angela morby!

I remember Angela....ouch
    Watching today...not sure about these 2, she's probably more family orientated than he is, he works long hours, they have a large extended family who will put pressure on them I imagine

...oh yes the video blackmail begins...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB: I think that is a very good idea,lol. I dare you to suggest that to them.:D
    Forum Member
    Pretty sure if they went some of the family will follow soon after...
    Forum Member
    Oooooo a follow up!
  • DelicateKittenDelicateKitten Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a cow that woman is. That poor bloke. I'd like to see her try and go off to Australia with the kids. He could put a stop to her flying out .
    She has brainwashed those children.
    As for her saying I won't give up my dreams - selfish cow
  • chrishartxxchrishartxx Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    I like to watch it when it's about NZ especially the South Island (which is rare) as I'm a big fan of Richie McCaw who's in Christchurch. But tbh I wouldn't want to emigrate down under as everything seems more expensive there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Catching up on yesterday.
    He would fit in well Down Under, a reintroduction of the Dodo.

This program, as ever with these style of tv show, is about one every pushy person, unable to accept another's perspective and unwilling to compromise. Selfish just doesn't cover it.

One person who seems used to always getting their own way in life, can't believe it when the other person actually stands up for themselves and their family and is always right, even when the figures say they are wrong.

And actually Harry, you can spend lots of time on the beach in Uk, have so far spent nearly every day on the beach where I live, beautiful sandy beaches and with friends and family.