Options

Walkers Crisps New Flavour Comp

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The cajun squirrel ones taste like what I imagine a dead squirral to taste like, they are just vile :eek:

they are horrible :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I havent read through this thread lol but does anyone know if the new flavours will be available in Ireland please?:o
  • Options
    5th Horseman5th Horseman Posts: 10,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tried two more flavours:

Builders Breakfast - Initially an overwhelming taste and smell of burnt egg, not a good start, a more progressive but subtle taste of a mix of Golden Wonder Sausage and Tomato and a hint of Smokey Bacon - 5/10.

Crispy Duck & Hosin - Now I like crispy duck pancakes from the Chinese but these tasted more of the cucumber and spring onion accompaniments than the duck and the sauce which was hard to really detect until I had eaten most of the packet - 4/10.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have only tried the fish and chip one's so far and they were very vinegary!
  • Options
    5th Horseman5th Horseman Posts: 10,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last 3:

Onion Bhaji - Tastes like a mix of Cheese & Onion and Roast Chicken with a mild hint of curry, that's very similar to a mild curry crisps that used to be around many years ago, easily the best so far. - 6/10.

Fish & Chips - Mix of Scampi Fries and Salt & Vinegar in an 80%- 20% split, not sure what type of fish they were trying to replicate but they failed. - 3/10.

Chocolate & Chilli - Didn't taste of chocolate or chilli, actually reminded me of aftershave or deodorant in taste (if you spray and accidentally get some in your mouth) - 0/10.

All 6 are pretty rank compared to usual flavours (Ready Salted, Smokey Bacon, Roast Chicken, Cheese & Onion, Salt & Vinegar, Prawn Cocktail), even including some of the more less popular ones (Spring Onion, Worcestershire Sauce, Beef & Onion, Tomato Ketchup).

I won't be buying any of these again. Walkers should stick with things like the Farmers Choice Flavours (Roast Gammon, Sweet Cumberland Sausage, Ploughmans) as they are much nicer.
  • Options
    CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else think Fish & Chips smell EXACTLY like Goldfish food?

I was nearly sick - and I will generally eat anything.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really can't bring myself to try any of these
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orlaith wrote: »
    I havent read through this thread lol but does anyone know if the new flavours will be available in Ireland please?:o

There are here!!

My ma, got some, a 6 pack, I had the:

Builders breakfast - tasted to eggy for me
    Chilli & Chocolate - couldn't really taste any chocolate tbh, the chili was quite pungent :p
    The onion one - it was the nicest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,693
    Forum Member
    my mummy got them the day and i had heard they were all digusting but if there where ones you could eat it was the duck ones. so i tried those today and they are horrible so i can only imagine what the others taste like
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had 3 so far.

Fish and Chips - Disgusting
    Crispy Duck - Rank
    Onion Bajh - Very Nice