Forum warnings

Comments

• stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davidmcn wrote: »
    I don't remember her - what did she get banned for?

:D

Nobody's figured it out yet.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me neither. :p I think the longer you are on here though the more you learn to skirt around the ban hammer. It's just mainly about not being insulting to other posters, no matter how irritating they may be.

Despite the fact that a couple of posters can be as irritating and critical as they want to others, while remaining impervious to any punishment themselves.
    LisaB599 wrote: »
    lol I do wonder how they get someone banned but mange to remain unbanned themselves, it does seem some are "teflon"..............

It appears someone else has had the same experience.
    N20JetCar wrote: »
    Warnings do NOT, I repeat NOT expire after a certain amount of time, however much you wish they would.

So you could be on your third strike for years and one ickle wickle tiny weeny mistake, And You're OUT; forever! Forstar du?

Or so I'm led to believe:o

Such words of wisdom and experience from someone who only joined DS this month......it's uncanny, It feels like an echo from the past, from someone who's been taken from us....does it qualify as a psychic happening?
  • Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've received 2 bans during my time here. The latest one was actually a few days ago for a slightly insensitive thread I created. The initial bam was for 48 hours but I contacted the mods and politely explained indisnt realise I was breaching the t&c's. Got my ban shortened to 24 hours :D

My first ban however was so pointless however. Certain posters are too touchy here so I'm careful where I post ;)
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Despite the fact that a couple of posters can be as irritating and critical as they want to others, while remaining impervious to any punishment themselves.

It appears someone else has had the same experience.

Such words of wisdom and experience from someone who only joined DS this month......it's uncanny, It feels like an echo from the past, from someone who's been taken from us....does it qualify as a psychic happening?

me so stimulated by your post. :-)
  • redtuxredtux Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alt-F4 wrote: »
    The linear bannings are warning, 24hrs, 48hrs, 2 weeks, permaban but it's not necessarily adhered to. From what I gather they look at your ban history which may add to the decision based on the severity of previous bans. I've had 11 bans and 5 warnings.
    Well I've never had a warning but had 48 hours and a week
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pencil wrote: »
    I've never been warned or banned before. :cool:

I guess I'm above the rules because I'm so brilliant.

I've been warned but not banned yet.

I'm not brilliant:D:D, just careful to walk away.

I've seen some who have had a holiday and wondered why. Mathers is still on holiday:(:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    I was banned for quoting South Park, someone clearly misunderstood, alerted me and I was told I broke the T&C. Oh well, shit happens :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was banned for quoting South Park, someone clearly misunderstood, alerted me and I was told I broke the T&C. Oh well, shit happens :p

I wondered why you were on holiday, but South Park, what do you expect:D:D:D, it's shite:D
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I've had two or three. I'm not surprised really about the earlier ones, but my last one was more recent and was for some totally innocuous throwaway comment in a Jeremy Kyle thread of all things. I wouldn't have minded had not a) it been mystifying as to how it could be construed as 'offensive' and b) I'd posted it several days earlier and had forgotten all about it. It did make me wonder what the mods' response would be if someone were to look at a post you made a year ago, decided they didn't like it and hit the red button.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You didn't quote from the Tourette's episode? :p
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    I wondered why you were on holiday, but South Park, what do you expect:D:D:D, it's shite:D

Sacre bleu!!! :p It's genius!
    You didn't quote from the Tourette's episode? :p

I was talking about *offensive term for a black person beginning with n* Man from one of the episodes. Now I look back, I can see how it'll have been offensive! :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sacre bleu!!! :p It's genius!

I was talking about *offensive term for a black person beginning with n* Man from one of the episodes. Now I look back, I can see how it'll have been offensive! :o

Was that the wheel of fortune episode when it should have been "Naggers"? :D
    Forum Member
    Was that the wheel of fortune episode when it should have been "Naggers"? :D

Also genius :D

This was actually ... Guy (not Man as I originally said!). I think it was from the episode where he was receipting poetry or something.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Alt-F4 wrote: »
    The linear bannings are warning, 24hrs, 48hrs, 2 weeks, permaban but it's not necessarily adhered to. From what I gather they look at your ban history which may add to the decision based on the severity of previous bans. I've had 11 bans and 5 warnings.

Then you are a member of the Teflon club really, IMO.

I doubt many here would be able to survive without receiving a perma, with at least 11 bans under their belt.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, I'm glad to have been of help ....though I'm not sure what I did.
  • MaxCherryMaxCherry Posts: 9,013
    Forum Member
    Ive been banned a few years ago twice. The first was for 24 hours and the 2nd was for a week.

I was a bit of a gobsh*te back in thoes days and got too carried away in the BB forum.

I also made a comment about Robbie Williams which got me banned.
  • the spiz 2the spiz 2 Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a couple of bans... One was for a week when I got really fed up with a former poster on here and made a fairly long post in which all the capital letters spelled out a fairly rude message about them. Someone spotted it, posted it on another forum and then it got back to that person on here and I guess they reported it and I got banned - I couldn't be bothered arguing that my post 'as written' broke no rules and it was just coincidence that the first letter of each sentence happened to spell a message out!
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Clever, and funny!
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the spiz 2 wrote: »
    I've had a couple of bans... One was for a week when I got really fed up with a former poster on here and made a fairly long post in which all the capital letters spelled out a fairly rude message about them. Someone spotted it, posted it on another forum and then it got back to that person on here and I guess they reported it and I got banned - I couldn't be bothered arguing that my post 'as written' broke no rules and it was just coincidence that the first letter of each sentence happened to spell a message out!
    That sounds inspired - shame you got banned for it.
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got banned for 48 hours I think for something I said about a former Big Brother contestant on the BB forum (I think - I'm still not entirely sure what the offending comment was.)

I got banned for a week for saying something derogatory about those nice travelling folk.

I'm worried a third strike will see me off the site for good so I'm watching my P's and Q's even though I really feel like laying into people sometimes.
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I see what you did there:)
  • ArtymagsArtymags Posts: 18,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    queenshaks wrote: »
    Not had a ban yet....I'm doing better here than C4!
    Same here - I was always getting bopped on C4. You got bopped for nothing on there.
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have had a few 48 hr bans, had one ban which was for 7 days, got this overturned

I explained my self, told the mods, I had place in warnings, the tread had it own merit, but someone took offence

My latest ban, I could not understand, seems I got a 48 hr ban for filtering swear words, which seems were not allowed to do Merry X***

This thread will probably get locked, as this discusssion not allowed :confused::confused::confused:
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »

Or even a Re-incarnation?.......it's funny how just the odd word or phrase can bring back memories of a 'past' life!... i have had those same feelings or dare i say?, irritations while reading certain threads these last few days, Urm.....interesting!....
  • Pliny the ElderPliny the Elder Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been banned yet. I suppose this is down to the fact that I don't post on here much.
This discussion has been closed.