Options

The Originals (Vampire Diaries Spinoff) Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've given up on this show, seems like it goes around in circles. Kinda like how Vampire Diaries is now too.
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the producers at all. Nathanial said at the outset that he would love to be in the Originals ( and did make a 2 minute appearance in a coffin). He is also an Aussie and manages to go home in between working in the US.

He appeared last week in TVD and disappeared again. He was quite nice and it is ironic that he was also right about Silas (except he was never really an evil big bad at all) .At the end of the show Enzo appeared even though Stefan had just killed him so the ghosts are now able to come through. Mikael is in next week and they do tie up that the other side is weakening hence that is why Mikael is around.

Anyway just read about the finale and there is going to be a twist which appears to be a new alliance they have been building towards. We still have to find the stone that goes in the moonlight ring. I think perhaps Father Kieran's key is for where the jewel is held.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    He appeared last week in TVD and disappeared again. He was quite nice and it is ironic that he was also right about Silas (except he was never really an evil big bad at all) .At the end of the show Enzo appeared even though Stefan had just killed him so the ghosts are now able to come through. Mikael is in next week and they do tie up that the other side is weakening hence that is why Mikael is around.
    Ghosts have always been able to do that though. They can always appear at any given time, it's just only Bonnie can see them. Alaric and Vicky showed up at the house a couple of episodes back. Enzo was there this week.

Anyone think that Tyler (at the end) was actually Tyler? Seemed to be ... I don't know, but there was something about the character.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Ghosts have always been able to do that though. They can always appear at any given time, it's just only Bonnie can see them. Alaric and Vicky showed up at the house a couple of episodes back. Enzo was there this week.

Anyone think that Tyler (at the end) was actually Tyler? Seemed to be ... I don't know, but there was something about the character.

hasn't Tyler been taken over by a passenger? I must admit I did kind of whizz though it as I was really looking to see if Kol would appear again or some explanation as to what is going on and where they are going.

I really hope that it is finally the end of Bonnie. Perhaps they can finally get rid of Jeremy too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From last nights show it looks like the new alliance s going to be Cami Davina and Mikael. Not sure why Cami would turn against Klaus though. Davina is going to bring back Mikael so this would be a good opportunity for the producers to bring back anyone they want in the TVD universe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hasn't Tyler been taken over by a passenger?
    He has yeah, but that's what I'm saying. Even though he'd been taken over, I'm convinced that it's actually Tyler we're seeing rather than his passenger. I'm suspecting that Tyler is aware of what's going on, and is pretending to not be himself.
    From last nights show it looks like the new alliance s going to be Cami Davina and Mikael.
    Davina and Mikael sure, but Cami? How'd you pick that up?

I'm going to theorize here that Davina will bring Mikael back, and Cami will be forced to use that spell (or whatever it is) to eventually deal with him when he becomes too vengeful.
    Davina is going to bring back Mikael so this would be a good opportunity for the producers to bring back anyone they want in the TVD universe.
    I would prefer a spell where everyone from that side returns, and I mean everyone. The other side collapses and all the dead return. If they're killed again, they just move on as you'd expect them to do.

Alaric, Lexi, Vicky, Kol, and all the others. Mikael likely wont last (unless they're going to redeem him which is extremely unlikely) they can't focus more than a couple of episodes with him being alive cause he'd kill Klaus too quick. He'll likely be killed off permanently sooner rather than later. Kol on the other hand could be brought back and come and go through the series (much alike Becky). I wouldn't mind Finn coming back too, but choosing to go off and do his own thing (his character came across as a more independent one from the rest of the family).

Alaric, Lexi, Vicky, Enzo and anyone else we've lost can be brought back into Mystic Falls through the same means. People don't necessarily need to stick around, they can go traveling or whatever but it would be nice to see them all back and in the flesh (so to speak).

Hopefully they'll do this, but I fear they'll only bring back select individuals without explaining the others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The producers knew at the start that Claire was leaving so they must have had a plan. Mikael no longer has his stake but I can't remember what happenened to the indestructible one that Klaus had. I supposed if a witch made it a witch can in make it. Nice to see ratings rise but hope it doesn't go down in the finals.

From the spoilers I think Klaus will give up the baby t keep it safe. Perhaps Elijah will go off with Hayley.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Phew, just caught up with the last two episodes of The Originals. Is it coincidence that the quality just seems to have suddenly ramped up at the same time Mikael is making his presence felt? He is such an awesome and charismatic villain - I hope he sticks around this time. He was offed way too early in TVD and I suspect the producers realise this. Also, Klaus has been resembling an early Damon of late - dangerous, but capable of immense compassion - much more nuanced than shouty toddler tantrum Klaus. And as a result, much more of an interesting character. It's been great not having Elijah and Klaus wallowing in the past and bemoaning their various betrayals too - that was really starting to drag the show down at one point. It feels like The Originals has found its feet at last. With Hayley and Cami becoming much more watchable, I'm really not missing Rebekah at all.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I'm actually missing Rebekah a lot, though I've come to love Hayley. I don't know why but I have a slight feeling that Hayley and Klaus will make the decision to give the baby away in the season finale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know it's unlikely to happen, but wouldn't it be an ironic twist if, upon returning from the other side, your status defaults back to ordinary human. Mikael wouldn't be so vengeful then I don't think.

I am curious too ... other side collapsing, those over there able to come though, wasn't Kienan killed as a Vampire? Is he not therefore over there? Could he make his return?
  • Options
    Chris2387Chris2387 Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Maybe Kieran was like Aunt Jenna where she didn't have to spend time there and got to move on since they were only vamps for a hot minute. And how funny that they got killed by the same person lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There doesn't appear to be a promo for the finale yet so they want to keep it under wraps.

I read somewhere that the cw was forcing the actors to shoot season 2 straight after season 1. I have just read a casting call for werewolves for season 2 shooting for three days including. May 5th. They don't want anyone who has appeared before and just men. Speculation is that these would be Klaus's bloodline. I think it is a good bet although we haven't seen much of them at all. They want bouncer/security types. Very intriguing.
  • Options
    Chris2387Chris2387 Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    The promo for the finale will be out once the 2nd to last episode airs next week just like every other episode. They're filming the first 3 episodes of season 2 since the Elijah actor has his other canadian show to go film in the off season
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris2387 wrote: »
    The promo for the finale will be out once the 2nd to last episode airs next week just like every other episode. They're filming the first 3 episodes of season 2 since the Elijah actor has his other canadian show to go film in the off season

For some reason I thought tonight was the finale. Anyway I read an interview with JM where he does mention his werewolf family. Plus the CW has already said that Cassie the 4th harvest girl is coming back so it does look like curtains for Genevieve. They say Cassie is going to be really bad. The actress who plays Monique has the scariest eyes and is always up to no good. It does seem odd that the witches will allow teenagers to do what they please with no adult guidance. I suppose they will say the spirit world will guide them but then why have elders at all? There is also going to be another new arrival which will be interesting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    For me the weak link is Marcell, I just think his story is being dragged out, when Elijah banished him that should have been it, I just don't find him a strong enough character.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    There doesn't appear to be a promo for the finale yet so they want to keep it under wraps.

I read somewhere that the cw was forcing the actors to shoot season 2 straight after season 1. I have just read a casting call for werewolves for season 2 shooting for three days including. May 5th. They don't want anyone who has appeared before and just men. Speculation is that these would be Klaus's bloodline. I think it is a good bet although we haven't seen much of them at all. They want bouncer/security types. Very intriguing.

Ooh, why's this? And is Daniel Gillies still tied to Saving Hope (didn't catch whether it was renewed for another season)? Busy life for him - lead character in two series and first baby.

Anyone else thinking TO is unlikely to be renewed for a third season?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the new episode. I have to say that I found it one of those I didn't want to end because I wanted to find out what happened.

I had no clue about Francesca and her family: that was a surprise. So all the remaining werewolves including Marcel and Josh need Klaus's blood but he is really weak. I really hope we see his own bloodline come to the rescue next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here's hoping that Bonnie (TVD) will some how bring back Kol, and he'll run along to New Orleans to help his brothers out. That, or Rebekah can return to save the day. Hell, someone has to, and neither Klaus nor Elijah are in much of a state to do anything at the moment, and Hayley's predicament isn't looking too great either.

I'm curious (and for clarification), has this new spell just pretty much created a new bunch of wolves that have Klaus' bite? Aren't they therefore (short of white oak daggering) as immortal as Klaus is? What happens after the full moon has passed? If they draw their power from Klaus during said event, what becomes of them afterward? If they lose said power, they're no doubt corpses soon after.
  • Options
    fabulistfabulist Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoying the show now. Marcel has grown on me a little since he grinned his way through the first 6 episodes but I think he's out stayed his welcome.

One minor thought I had - does anyone know that an Original dieing kills all of their line?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fabulist wrote: »
    One minor thought I had - does anyone know that an Original dieing kills all of their line?
    I can confirm that this is the case.

We have evidence of that from TVD. Firstly, when Finn died (if you're not aware of him, he's another one of the original brothers), one his his linage (a vampire named Page) died shortly after. Likewise, it subsequently became apparent to Stefan and Damon that they couldn't kill Klaus without their own demise; they were turned by a vampire named Katherine, who in turn was turned by Klaus.

In hindsight, this does question the logic of Marcel for whenever he has planned Klaus' death. Marcel is of Klaus' linage, thus killing Klaus is killing himself. Have the writers forgotten something important here? They're completely rewriting their own lore if so.
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm that this is the case.

We have evidence of that from TVD. Firstly, when Finn died (if you're not aware of him, he's another one of the original brothers), one his his linage (a vampire named Page) died shortly after. Likewise, it subsequently became apparent to Stefan and Damon that they couldn't kill Klaus without their own demise; they were turned by a vampire named Katherine, who in turn was turned by Klaus.

In hindsight, this does question the logic of Marcel for whenever he has planned Klaus' death. Marcel is of Klaus' linage, thus killing Klaus is killing himself. Have the writers forgotten something important here? They're completely rewriting their own lore if so.

Tbh I don't think that the knowledge of killing an Original kills his/her line is known to the general vampire community. When Finn died and Page followed it was a shock to all concerned IIRC, I may be wrong tho.

Loved the episode tho, was blind sighted by Francesca and her lineage, you knew she was up to no good and must have an agenda but not that! I did worry for Hayley when she was left alone with Genevieve and Francesca.

With the vale coming down on TVD they have to take the opportunity to resurrect a few characters on both shows. The main candidates are obviously Alaric, Lexi, Kol and Mikael.
    Seriously Klaus is gonna be in a world of problems with the wolves in the ascendancy and if Mikael is resurrected too.

Finale should be good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just found out who the new arrival is. Daniel Sharman WO played Isacc in Teen Wolf. He is going to play a warlock called Kaleb. It will be good to have a young man with the witches.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    Tbh I don't think that the knowledge of killing an Original kills his/her line is known to the general vampire community. When Finn died and Page followed it was a shock to all concerned IIRC, I may be wrong tho.
    A valid conclusion, though you'd think Rebekah would have kinda mentioned that to Marcel at some point? She knew all about it.
    With the vale coming down on TVD they have to take the opportunity to resurrect a few characters on both shows. The main candidates are obviously Alaric, Lexi, Kol and Mikael.
    I concur on all of the above, Enzo being another of the resurrected though; that much is pretty much a guarantee.

Wouldn't it be an ironic twist if, upon seeing Klaus Jr, Mikael decides he likes grandfather status. ;-)
    Seriously Klaus is gonna be in a world of problems with the wolves in the ascendancy and if Mikael is resurrected too.
    A world of problems, true, but then, save for that stake, he's still immortal and invincible.
    Finale should be good.
    It better be! no annoying cliffhangers please! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just seen the extended promo and it looks like Elijah is kneeling down as Klaus reaches for him. Looks like the baby has been taken by someone which is logical if you think about it. It would give them something else to do. Although the episode is called 'a cradle to a grave' , I can't believe they would actually allow the baby to be killed by the witches as all the season would be a complete waste. Perhaps Mikael comes in and nabs it in order to torture him some more.
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A valid conclusion, though you'd think Rebekah would have kinda mentioned that to Marcel at some point? She knew all about it.

She was more concerned with getting the hell out of there alive tbh, and since he wanted to stay she knew he was signing his own death sentence regardless, so was pointless! :D
    I concur on all of the above, Enzo being another of the resurrected though; that much is pretty much a guarantee.

Enzo, how did I miss him? It will be a missed opportunity if they don't bring back some of them.
    Wouldn't it be an ironic twist if, upon seeing Klaus Jr, Mikael decides he likes grandfather status. ;-)

Yeah that'll be an interesting conversation.

Mikael 'I'll look after the girl, so you can spend some quality time together'
    Klaus 'That's a surprisingly nice gesture Mikael'
    Mikael 'I was actually referring to Hayley & Elijah Niklaus' :p
    A world of problems, true, but then, save for that stake, he's still immortal and invincible.

He is weakened due to the stone spell tho. And Mikael would want to enjoy every moment of making Klaus's life a misery before he kills him. Probably destroying New Orleans (since Klaus built it) in the process!
    It better be! no annoying cliffhangers please! :p

I wouldn't bet against one or two (See almost every season ender of TVD)
    S1 Katherine posing as Elena in modern day, S3 Elena awakening in transition, Klaus hijacking Tyler's body, S4 Silas's true form.