✭✭✭
is it me or is top of the pops 2 now more watchable than totp1
might be my age lol

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love TOTP2.

Does anyone know where you can get the listings of artists on forthcoming shows?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/totp2/

I also love totp2
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    TOTP2 is absolutely legendary! It is sooo much better than TOTP1! this is coming from a 15 year old who hates the stuff in the charts right now!
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be a great show were it not for the pratlike comments from the host.
  • starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i actually dont mind steve wrights comments and maybe if totp1 had a presenter you didnt see it would improve,but saying that maybe they should show the album charts instead of the singles
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually I can see a time, in the not too distant furture, and if the single starts to decline, that totp WILL feature the album charts, rather than the Singles.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I adore Top of the Pops2, although it does make me feel very very old :confused:

I am an 80's child, and i love seeing Wham, and Nick Kershaw etc on stage. The strange thing is, im sure i remember some of their appearances first time round !!!

On one of the music channels on Sky yesterday (although they do it very often) they had an 80's day, and it was fantastic :D
  • Peter LitlerPeter Litler Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The decline in the sale of singles is down to the lack of highly talented songwriters and fresh ideas in recent years.Its a great shame that the BBC wiped so many pre -eighties Top of the pops tapes,but efforts to try and obtain copies sold to other world broadcasters still continue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well TOTP2 is the Radio 2 equivakent of the main programme isn't it.

Therefore, all of us 'oldies' are far more likely to watch TOTP2 than he main show.
  • starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

yeah it may be ,but i never listen to radio 2 im mainly a radio 1 listener,i just think that totp2 is on the whole a better made programme
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by RadiorobFM

Therefore, all of us 'oldies' are far more likely to watch TOTP2 than he main show.

I watch it and im 15, I wouldn't call myself an oldie ;)

I dont watch TOTP1