Prom Dresses - where to buy??

2»

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    AnnieApple wrote: »
    I don't remember all of this when we had our "leavers disco" back in the eighties!

I bet the disco was good fun! I don't understand why schools these days have to have proms instead of discos. I think the school prom is just an American import that has no place in British culture, a bit like trick or treating really.
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet the disco was good fun! I don't understand why schools these days have to have proms instead of discos. I think the school prom is just an American import that has no place in British culture, a bit like trick or treating really.

I can partially agree. I don't really understand why my year 11s have a prom when 70% of them stay into the sixth form anyway.

But having said that, I much prefer attending year 11 prom as the issues with drink at sixth form prom are such a headache.
  • AnnieAppleAnnieApple Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Well I've either wasted £15 or had a result as i've won a dark green fishtail ballgown on ebay that looks exactly right.

I don't mind paying to alter it at that price.

Fingers crossed she likes it when it arrives :)
  • eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnnieApple wrote: »
    Well I've either wasted £15 or had a result as i've won a dark green fishtail ballgown on ebay that looks exactly right.

I don't mind paying to alter it at that price.

Fingers crossed she likes it when it arrives :)

One I'd originally spotted went for £15:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FISH-TAIL-BEAUTIFUL-GREEN-BALL-GOWN-PROM-DRESS-/251223032019?pt=UK_Women_s_Dresses&clk_rvr_id=450904218733&hash=item3a7e0f40d3&afsrc=1&nma=true&si=%252BR2awQGk%252FVyk9Lyb%252FlkScu2CJrk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Not the same one, by any chance?

£15 is a bargain - you could even have sequins or detail added at that price!
  • AnnieAppleAnnieApple Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    One I'd originally spotted went for £15:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FISH-TAIL-...p2047675.l2557

Not the same one, by any chance?

£15 is a bargain - you could even have sequins or detail added at that price/QUOTE]

No not that one (although I loved it) - she wanted strapless - not that she was being specific or anything.

Anyway it arrived today and its beautiful. Its slightly too big (I'm soo jealous that a size 6 has got to be taken in!) and she'd quite like some bling on it but I'm prepared to pay to get bits done to it if she loves it as i'll have saved a fortune.