Amazon notification

5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi

Where in Amazon settings do I choose to be notified when someone asks a question about a product I have purchsased?
I asume there is a button because the only other option is that every single product is being monitored 24-7 by 400,000,000 very insane people.

Thanks

Comments

• NilremNilrem Posts: 6,939
    Forum Member
    I think it's automatic, when you buy something it adds it to a list of stuff you'll get notified for.

At least I think it's automatic as I can't remember ticking a box, and I sometimes get a "can you help answer a question..." email.
    Given how much stuff I've bought from amazon over the last few years I've only had the email about three or four times that I can remember.
  • 5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nilrem wrote: »
    I think it's automatic, when you buy something it adds it to a list of stuff you'll get notified for.

At least I think it's automatic as I can't remember ticking a box, and I sometimes get a "can you help answer a question..." email.
    Given how much stuff I've bought from amazon over the last few years I've only had the email about three or four times that I can remember.

Really, that's strange. I've purchased countless things from amazon since 2002, and i review items and answer many questions when I see them, but not once have I recieved a notification to a question. I feel I haven't selected an option somewhere.
  • Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,033
    Forum Member
    I occasionally get an email asking if I can answer a question on something I've purchased. Sometimes for things I've bought over a year ago.
    Perhaps it's if you've left a review for a product previously.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been shopping with them for over ten years but only got notification emails this year. I've had three so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I occasionally get an email asking if I can answer a question on something I've purchased. Sometimes for things I've bought over a year ago.
    Perhaps it's if you've left a review for a product previously.

Im always posting reviews. I guess its no biggie, I just wanted to be helpful after all of the questions people have answered of mine.
  • justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just had a notification of someone asking me a question about one of my items. I didn't set up the system to notify me it just did it itself.

But a second question wasn't notified. So I think it may have something to do with how the person contacts you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    justatech wrote: »
    I've just had a notification of someone asking me a question about one of my items. I didn't set up the system to notify me it just did it itself.

But a second question wasn't notified. So I think it may have something to do with how the person contacts you.

I wonder if that's the same thing that im referring to or not. I'm talking about the section on product pages where people can post questions and anyone who has purchased the product can answer.