Options

Could Stuart Blackburn introduce a sixth Corrie episode?

chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
Forum Member
Taking inspiration from his time at Emmerdale? This would the last thing Corrie needs as it badly needs to drop an episode never mind gain one.

Comments

• Options
    KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not.
  • Options
    rollockingbatrollockingbat Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only way I could see this happening is if they moved Corrie to one episode daily and then doubled-up on one day like Emmerdale. Two episodes on a Monday, Friday and Wednesday would just be overkill.

Wasn't Emmerdale running an hour episode (numbered as two episodes) one day in the week before Blackburn took over anyway? And then this just got moved to Thursdays and became a double episode at some point thereafter?
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would be crazy.
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't be his decision, it would be the ITV Network's.
  • Options
    HiMyNameIsHiMyNameIs Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NO! Corrie needs to cut back if anything!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does it have two episodes on a monday and friday? It doesn't need them and I find it difficult to keep up with the viewing especially as they are oddly spaced with half and hour inbetween. Would much prefer if they dropped the extra episode and just had 1 hour specials when needed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Irma Bunt wrote: »
    It wouldn't be his decision, it would be the ITV Network's.

But would he not propose it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He could propose it but I very much doubt ITV will say yes to this. It wouldn't have been his decision to give Emmerdale 6 episodes a week either, ITV make programming decisions.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only way I could see this happening is if they moved Corrie to one episode daily and then doubled-up on one day like Emmerdale. Two episodes on a Monday, Friday and Wednesday would just be overkill.

Wasn't Emmerdale running an hour episode (numbered as two episodes) one day in the week before Blackburn took over anyway? And then this just got moved to Thursdays and became a double episode at some point thereafter?

It was but that was during Gavin Blyth's reign at ITV's suggestion i think as part of their new look Thursday line up!

Corrie dosnt need an extra episode what it really needs is a Mon-Fri schedule non of these double episodes on a Mon or Fri!
  • Options
    Cal2008Cal2008 Posts: 2,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Corrie but hope no sixth episode a week is added. Like the ideal of Corrie being on Monday to Friday with an episode on a day.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It struggles at the moment more doesn't always mean better, quality dips as it is.
  • Options
    ParoFlameParoFlame Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think he would want to.
  • Options
    Dr.FeverDr.Fever Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    I was glad when Corrie went to 5 episodes, especially when you consider the episodes are only about 21-22mins long. (I prefered the sun,mon,wed,2xfri episodes)

But now, I find I am only watching it out of habit and if loosing an episode meant the storylines and show quality would improve, then I would prefer that. Another episode would probably be too much and I would stop watching ...I don't think I am alone in thinking like this.
  • Options
    vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cal2008 wrote: »
    Love Corrie but hope no sixth episode a week is added. Like the ideal of Corrie being on Monday to Friday with an episode on a day.

Due to ITV's commitment to the Champions League, this will not happen... unless they plan on airing it back at 10 like they use to.
  • Options
    KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Corrie Monday double began during the Richard Hillman storyline on an experimental basis. It performs very strong every Monday night despite sometimes lack if drama.

There is a very loyal viewership, and when it's on top form, Monday night is THE night for soap.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    But would he not propose it?

What makes you think he would want to propose it? I doubt the production team are desperate to have an extra weekly episode to produce on top of the five they already do. Those decisions are dictated by the network. As it stands, if ITV really wanted to commission a sixth Corrie episode I imagine they would have already done it by now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Simon Blackbird has any sense, the first thing he'll do is axe Cotton.

He'll do no wrong thereafter in my eyes, whatever his name is.
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Simon Blackbird has any sense, the first thing he'll do is axe Cotton.

He'll do no wrong thereafter in my eyes, whatever his name is.

Why should he? Antony is popular with the viewing public outside of this forum just to let you know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why should he? Antony is popular with the viewing public just to let you know that.

Thanks for letting me know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    With ITV losing the Champions League rights from 2015, could the sixth episode now be a real possibilty to take advantage by adding a second Wednesday episode?
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No way should they add a sixth episode. They should reduce episodes if anything.it should be quality not quantity IMO
  • Options
    hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No to an extra episode, but if they do, I like the Sunday night slot, and would prefer that to the double header on Fridays.
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    Please No! Then he will just have more chance to destroy more episodes.
  • Options
    Corrie2010Corrie2010 Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He may a bad producer, but he isn't that bad to introduce a sixth episode
  • Options
    avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vampirek wrote: »
    Due to ITV's commitment to the Champions League, this will not happen... unless they plan on airing it back at 10 like they use to.

But from 2015 BT now have the rights so no football unless England games will be shown on ITV so that means they will have a Tuesday night spare.