Options

There's Something I Just Don't Get....

cheekydee123cheekydee123 Posts: 459
Forum Member
I really don't write a whole lot on here but im finding it frustrating that on the side shows they keep on saying re the HMs why don't they just relax? why don't they just enjoy? why is there no fun in the house?... yet at the start of the series they were banging on about how the house this year is designed to make them uncomfortable paranoid and on edge!... the whole power trip theme is designed to cause mistrust and conflict within the house. I understand some of the audience members may say something like that but we have the presenters saying it too... I don't get it.. :cool:

Comments

• Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The housemates have the right to exercise their own free will at all times. They can choose to take the power trip theme seriously or not. There has always been conflict in previous series but most housemates still had the ability to have a bit of fun too. None of these seem to have an ounce of any fun in them :( Nor do any seem to have the personality to carry any off. They could still make light of the theme and the paranoia. But no, they're just a load of serious self obsessed bores >:(

Can't remember one single laugh out loud moment so far this series :(
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The housemates have the right to exercise their own free will at all times. They can choose to take the power trip theme seriously or not. There has always been conflict in previous series but most housemates still had the ability to have a bit of fun too. None of these seem to have an ounce of any fun in them :( Nor do any seem to have the personality to carry any off. They could still make light of the theme and the paranoia. But no, they're just a load of serious self obsessed bores >:(

Me neither. If there was I must have blinked and missed it.

:)
  • Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark makes me laugh with most things he says, Jale has had a couple of moments and Danielle has too unintentionally. Toya's meltdown had me in stitches though!

However I do mostly agree :( they're all really miserable and paranoid and way too concerned with who said what etc., only mark seems to be any fun out of all of the housemates!
  • Options
    hsellorshsellors Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Then again maybe where there is some fun it is being carefully edited out and only the nastiness is being portrayed. They seem to have some fun in tasks but as everything is designed to make them uncomfortable it's no surprise they're not having fun.

I'm sure there brief moment where they might be having a fun conversation, but if it's not shown we have no idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I guess you are right DM they do have free will to enjoy or sulk as they choose, It just irritates me the way some are vilified for not enjoying and the presenters almost seem incredulous as to why they aren't falling over themselves laughing all day I mean how can a group laugh and play when others around them are down in the dumps especially if you happen to like one of them? does this not make it difficult for many to be upbeat and surely it has a domino like effect on morale? anyway its not a complaint im making as such, more an observation though personally I do like to see the conflict and the shock noms and people getting their comeuppance I also like to see a fair balance of people laughing and making the viewer laugh too I guess finding the balance is tricky do you think?
  • Options
    reader123reader123 Posts: 4,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hi Dangermoose, hope you are well love. Totally agree with you as I think it is getting a tad depressing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hsellors wrote: »
    Then again maybe where there is some fun it is being carefully edited out and only the nastiness is being portrayed. They seem to have some fun in tasks but as everything is designed to make them uncomfortable it's no surprise they're not having fun.

I'm sure there brief moment where they might be having a fun conversation, but if it's not shown we have no idea.

Yeah there is that possibility. I remember I'd sit in bed howling my way through much of the nightly live feed in the earlier days. On the other hand .... if Ash is one of the most fun, least boring housemates in there I remain somewhat skeptical ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess you are right DM they do have free will to enjoy or sulk as they choose, It just irritates me the way some are vilified for not enjoying and the presenters almost seem incredulous as to why they aren't falling over themselves laughing all day I mean how can a group laugh and play when others around them are down in the dumps especially if you happen to like one of them? does this not make it difficult for many to be upbeat and surely it has a domino like effect on morale? anyway its not a complaint im making as such, more an observation though personally I do like to see the conflict and the shock noms and people getting their comeuppance I also like to see a fair balance of people laughing and making the viewer laugh too I guess finding the balance is tricky do you think?

I can see your point there. I guess it would be enough to bring anyone down thinking about it. There's always so many nowadays that seem hell bent on ruining the experience for others. Maybe the problem lies more so with the casting .... but I'm not giving up hope that Chris will resort to sitting in a corner moaning and calling them all bastids !!! :D
    reader123 wrote: »
    Hi Dangermoose, hope you are well love. Totally agree with you as I think it is getting a tad depressing.

Hi you, good to see you! :) Hope you're keeping well too xx
  • Options
    rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
    Forum Member
    If they do relax, they get called boring or stand offish
  • Options
    fenpeperfenpeper Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    For years conflict in the house has been encouraged and now they have succeeded in causing abundant arguments 24/7. I'm sure plenty do love it and thrive on watching people tear each other to shreds, although I'd be happier with less conflict and more fun, a balance.
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't write a whole lot on here but im finding it frustrating that on the side shows they keep on saying re the HMs why don't they just relax? why don't they just enjoy? why is there no fun in the house?... yet at the start of the series they were banging on about how the house this year is designed to make them uncomfortable paranoid and on edge!... the whole power trip theme is designed to cause mistrust and conflict within the house. I understand some of the audience members may say something like that but we have the presenters saying it too... I don't get it.. :cool:

Excellent point, agree whole-heartedly :)

They keep throwing curve balls at them, creating insecurity and paranoia. Usually like most years you have a divide and it's a couple from 1 side a couple from the other and they just go with the flow and get on with it but this year allegiances mean very little so you are so right that the presenters shouldn't keep moaning about happy happy house when they have no idea where or at whom the next blow is coming from/to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can see your point there. I guess it would be enough to bring anyone down thinking about it. There's always so many nowadays that seem hell bent on ruining the experience for others. Maybe the problem lies more so with the casting .... but I'm not giving up hope that Chris will resort to sitting in a corner moaning and calling them all bastids !!! :D

lol :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Excellent point, agree whole-heartedly :)

They keep throwing curve balls at them, creating insecurity and paranoia. Usually like most years you have a divide and it's a couple from 1 side a couple from the other and they just go with the flow and get on with it but this year allegiances mean very little so you are so right that the presenters shouldn't keep moaning about happy happy house when they have no idea where or at whom the next blow is coming from/to.

Exactly :)
  • Options
    IoanaPIoanaP Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

lol :D:D:D

I think Chris will do this in last week. This is his master plan - to show the comedy linked to his entrance video. For last two days he will act as mad man - pissing in pot in kitchen with his name on it, and calling them all bastards.