Nico and Sienna - HO

olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
Forum Member
✭✭
something has been niggling me since Nico turned up so I just thought I would throw it out there and ask :p

we have been led to believe the Nico was adopted when she was born but if this were the case wouldnt her adoptive mother be looking for her?

Nico has been looking for her mother and has now found her but surely she wouldnt be allowed to just move in with her?

The law would clearly be on the side of the adoptive mother who is legally her mother

I was wondering if maybe the adoption wasnt legal - Patrick maybe knew the woman before he gave her Nico, has been maybe paying her to look after Nico all this time..........

Thoughts?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    I thought she'd been in a care home?? Her back story is a bit confusing to be honest. The website said she had been in care homes and so did she but then where does the adoptive mother come into it, Unless the adoption only recently happened?
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    her backstory is confusing

so who was the woman that Leela and Sienna went to see at the address Leela found........

I thought that was NIco's adoptive mother :confused:

I might be wrong tho............
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The mother we saw recently was a foster mother, so she clearly doesn't come into it.

She told Nancy she lived with her dying sister etc but I think that was just a sob story to get Nancy to feel sorry for her.

The only reason I'm confused is because Patrick said he gave her away to a family who adopted her when she was born. Where are they now? Unless Nico was telling the truth to Nancy I don't know where her adoptive family is.
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    her backstory is confusing

so who was the woman that Leela and Sienna went to see at the address Leela found........

I thought that was NIco's adoptive mother :confused:

I might be wrong tho............

No that was a foster mother I think, not entirely sure
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baban wrote: »

Yea your right its her foster mum which is temporary care. Where as adoptive parent you are their parent not someone just to look after them for a while.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baban wrote: »

ah, ok, that changes things then if she was a foster mother - not sure about the law and fostering

Im assuming Nico can go live with her mother is she wishes then
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    This what her Hollyoaks profile says :

Introducing Nico: intelligent, funny, but with quite a dark streak. As the estranged daughter of Sienna Blake, it’s easy to see where she developed her manipulative streak. From growing up being passed from care home to care home, she’s matured way beyond her years and has developed into a distant and distrustful young girl with a mean right hook.

Nico found her way to Hollyoaks village to find her estranged mother, but developing a relationship with her from scratch could be harder than she’d expected.

Maturity, brains and a killer sense of humour are the things that make Nico a great friend… or they would, if she’d actually let you into her life. Deep down, Nico just wants to be loved and to be a part of a real family, but she’s so terrified of rejection that she instinctively just pushes people way. Nico is deeply troubled, and there’s no way she’ll let anything go without a fight, but really she’s just looking for a place in the world.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/hollyoaks/profiles/all/nico-blake-persephone-swales-dawson
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but the care home part doesnt tie up with what we have seen and heard on screen :confused: that is where my confusion is

she clearly wasnt in a care home when Sienna found her - unless care homes look like regular homes in regular streets nowadays ;-)
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    I just don't get how they're all chummy like its normal
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that E4 official descritption makes her sound a lot more interesting.

I read a theory that Patrick never actually had Nico in the system, he paid a woman/friend who wanted to have a baby to take care of Nico so there would be no official record of adoption so Sienna couldn't trace her. Which would have made a lot more sense for someone of Patrick's character. But I guess then we'd have a loving adoptive mother on the sidelines too.
  • hsellorshsellors Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but the care home part doesnt tie up with what we have seen and heard on screen :confused: that is where my confusion is

she clearly wasnt in a care home when Sienna found her - unless care homes look like regular homes in regular streets nowadays ;-)

Children can go into foster homes and then be fostered out, to make space and give the child some sense of normality. I imagine that childrens homes have limited spaces so they rely on foster parents.

However I got the impression the woman adopted Nico due to the way Patrick was over bearing with her, if she was a foster parents surely you'd report him...it is HO though. Anything nonsensical is possible!
  • dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't get how they're all chummy like its normal

The usual Hollyoaks personality transplant. One day you are sweet and loving, the next you are a murderous psychopath.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,645
    Forum Member
    Well that E4 official descritption makes her sound a lot more interesting.

I read a theory that Patrick never actually had Nico in the system, he paid a woman/friend who wanted to have a baby to take care of Nico so there would be no official record of adoption so Sienna couldn't trace her. Which would have made a lot more sense for someone of Patrick's character. But I guess then we'd have a loving adoptive mother on the sidelines too.
    It makes her sound like the new Phoebe.

I've also been confused by the whole adoption/care home inconsistency. Also, why did they bother to give her three different names? First she was called Sophie, then Caroline, and now Nico. I get that she would quite likely have had two names, but why bother to having her called Caroline at all? And why does she have a boy's name?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hsellors wrote: »
    Children can go into foster homes and then be fostered out, to make space and give the child some sense of normality. I imagine that childrens homes have limited spaces so they rely on foster parents.

However I got the impression the woman adopted Nico due to the way Patrick was over bearing with her, if she was a foster parents surely you'd report him...it is HO though. Anything nonsensical is possible!

I honestly thought Nico had been adopted until someone said otherwise and a care home was mentioned

fostering would make a lot more sense seeing as the law is different with a foster parent and if she was in the foster care system surely her foster mother would have reported the grandfather of the child she was fostering to the social services

the whole Nico SL just doesnt add up :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    It makes her sound like the new Phoebe.

I've also been confused by the whole adoption/care home inconsistency. Also, why did they bother to give her three different names? First she was called Sophie, then Caroline, and now Nico. I get that she would quite likely have had two names, but why bother to having her called Caroline at all? And why does she have a boy's name?

Sophie was her birth name, maybe the adoption/carehome/fostering people changed it to Caroline (no idea why - perhaps at the insistance of Patrick so Sienna couldnt find her :confused:) and I am assuming Nico is the name Sophie/Caroline gave herself so she could go and find her mum - she may have taken on a "new" name just incase Sienna didnt want to know her although is this is the case why is she still being called Nico - why not go back to Caroline or Sophie :confused:
    Forum Member
    Sophie was her birth name, maybe the adoption/carehome/fostering people changed it to Caroline (no idea why - perhaps at the insistance of Patrick so Sienna couldnt find her :confused:) and I am assuming Nico is the name Sophie/Caroline gave herself so she could go and find her mum - she may have taken on a "new" name just incase Sienna didnt want to know her although is this is the case why is she still being called Nico - why not go back to Caroline or Sophie :confused:
    I've no idea. I would have thought giving her two names would have been sufficient. Very little about this storyline makes much sense
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've no idea. I would have thought giving her two names would have been sufficient. Very little about this storyline makes much sense

its a shame really, if the writers actually thought about this SL (and many others for that matter) they could be really really good SL's

sadly they all have so many loopholes in them that we are all sitting here thinking :confused::confused::confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Patrick and Denise made up the name Caroline so if Sienna went researching, she wouldn't be able to find Nico.
  • superstargirl81superstargirl81 Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    I have two theories (although I could be wrong)

The first is that she was never adopted, like the description says she spent her time in care homes and that lady had nothing to do with the real Nico but was paid/threatened by Patrick to saying she had her and that she was called Caroline to put Sienna off the scent. Nico ran away from whatever care home she was in and Sienna just hasn't reported it. Whether the girl playing sports was anything to do with that woman i'm not sure.

The second theory is that, that woman was Nico's foster mum and she created the Caroline persona to put Sienna off the scent but after Sienna went to the house, Nico ran off to find her and they just haven't told her foster mum that they have found her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of it makes sense

When Sienna and Leela went to the mum's house (when Patrick was there) when the girls left you saw the upstairs curtains twitch as if Nico was really there, so not in a care home
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is everyone so confused??? It's really simple. Denise adopted Nico and when Sienna and Leela tracked her down Patrick made her keep quiet. When Sienna and Leela left Nico was the one watching when the curtains moved. After that Nico ran away to track down Sienna that's how she knew what she looked like cause she alread saw her at her house. When she got to Hollyoaks she started to find out more information to find her best way in my befriending Dodger. Obviously she wasn't going to tell Dodger and Nancy who she really was so lied to them.

The only thing that hasn't been addressed is why Denise hasn't come to collect Nico after she's started to live with Sienna but that's probably down to poor writing.

It's rather simple. There's no need for theories as it's been made quiet clear.
    Forum Member
    D.DotA wrote: »
    Why is everyone so confused??? It's really simple. Denise adopted Nico and when Sienna and Leela tracked her down Patrick made her keep quiet. When Sienna and Leela left Nico was the one watching when the curtains moved. After that Nico ran away to track down Sienna that's how she knew what she looked like cause she alread saw her at her house. When she got to Hollyoaks she started to find out more information to find her best way in my befriending Dodger. Obviously she wasn't going to tell Dodger and Nancy who she really was so lied to them.

The only thing that hasn't been addressed is why Denise hasn't come to collect Nico after she's started to live with Sienna but that's probably down to poor writing.

Except why they are now talking about her having lived in a care home.
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Except why they are now talking about her having lived in a care home.

She probably lived in a care home until Denise adopted her.
  • RondeEERondeEE Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    She probably lived in a care home until Denise adopted her.

Denise is just her foster mother
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

because apparently she hasnt been adopted, she is in the foster care system

that is where my initial confusion came from

I thought she had been adopted so was wondering how she was living with Sienna so easily and quickly - surely if she HAD been adopted then the adoptive parents, who are legally her parents, wouldnt want their daughter living with Sienna

someone then posted that she hadnt been adopted but had been in a care home and then someone else said she was living with a foster parent :confused:

the HO website (or channel 4 website) states Nico has been living in a care home.........

not so simple at all :)