Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasnt she supposed to have had her hair done? I didnt notice any difference! LOL

That's right. Although she did run out of the hairdressers like Usain Bolt according to Maria so perhaps she didn't get it done after all :D
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spjkelly wrote: »
    Brookside had two jacquis, corkhill (sue Jenkins) and Dixon (Alex fletcher) who now plays Diane in holly oaks

Soaps are weird for never having two people with the same name, bearing in mind at one point as a child there were five Stephens in my class it's a big sor that people don't share the same name

Their names were spelt differently: one was Jackie and the other was Jacqui. How that made a difference when their names were said out loud though I've no idea
    Good idea ! Take Ken into the pub to tell him - in front of the whole street - that his son is in prison for murder.

Sounds like a plan !

I thought that was strange as well. I thought she was going to take Ken back to her place to speak in private at least that way if he reacted funny he wouldn't have loads of witnesses there
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Todd getting a last minute roofing job for Jason and him moaning that it would be dark soon.

Jason returned after doing said roofing job and bumped into Fiz and Tyronne and it was still full daylight. After having a look at Tyronne's to give them a quote they went to the pub and Les Dennis was still in there who had to leave early to get back before his curfew which is at 7'oclock.
  • Options
    AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,877
    Forum Member
    How could you NOT TELL ME !!!!!!!.

Or "NAT TELL ME" as it came out. I played it back a few times to see if it gets any less funny after the sixth or seventh time. Nope! Maybe he's picked up the Canadian accent.
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't even remember this! Must have been a sort of "issue" storyline, where once it was dispensed with, it's never referred to again (unless needed as a plot device), a bit like David's epilepsy etc.....

I don't see that as a SOR if David's epilepsy is controlled, there isn't any need to keep mentioning it.

My daughter is epileptic (diagnosed about 4 years ago) and as long as she takes her tablets and looks after herself she is fine. She does everything any other teenager would and was discharged from hospital care over a year ago.
  • Options
    cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AKFE wrote: »
    Or "NAT TELL ME" as it came out. I played it back a few times to see if it gets any less funny after the sixth or seventh time. Nope! Maybe he's picked up the Canadian accent.

LOL! We did this too, and thought he sounded American :D We then let it run on to Deirdre and freeze framed it to enjoy the full emotion of her Wallace (from Wallace and Gromit) mouth expression! Classic!

(oh, and as above, we also enjoyed the Michael McIntyre wobbly hair thing!)
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachael. wrote: »
    :D I'm surprised her hair didn't fall off with all the head bobbing she was doing.

Now Ken's back after more than a year away I would have though her head would be doing a fair bit of bobbing tonight. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kaz159 wrote: »
    I don't see that as a SOR if David's epilepsy is controlled, there isn't any need to keep mentioning it.

My daughter is epileptic (diagnosed about 4 years ago) and as long as she takes her tablets and looks after herself she is fine. She does everything any other teenager would and was discharged from hospital care over a year ago.

That's fair enough and very pleased that everything is going well for your daughter - certainly did not mean to offend

Sometimes these stories are brought up though with little thought for people who actually suffer conditions. As an example my OH made an amazing recovery from cancer 7 years ago, but as a result finds it very difficult to see storylines about the disease, such as Hayley's recent one, as entertainment. People should be made aware of symptoms to look out for this and other conditions, but just not sure soaps are the platform for it.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He does more music/musicals now. He was the lead in the original London and Broadway cast of Ghost and was critically acclaimed in the role. Phenomenally good.

I should have remembered that he switched to stage roles and not relied on IMDB for info! To be fair, he was good in "All The Small Things" (which we watched again quite recently on DVD) and was a good singer!
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's fair enough and very pleased that everything is going well for your daughter - certainly did not mean to offend

Sometimes these stories are brought up though with little thought for people who actually suffer conditions. As an example my OH made an amazing recovery from cancer 7 years ago, but as a result finds it very difficult to see storylines about the disease, such as Hayley's recent one, as entertainment. People should be made aware of symptoms to look out for this and other conditions, but just not sure soaps are the platform for it.....

You didn't :)

I can understand your OH's point of view. I think it is difficult for soaps to do these storylines well a lot of the time.

One thing that hasn't been addressed with David's epilepsy is the driving angle. Corrie has missed a trick with this.
  • Options
    Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now Ken's back after more than a year away I would have though her head would be doing a fair bit of bobbing tonight. :D

Thanks for this image :(:D
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Ive been to Canada twice and I know they have got the internet there :D..So Ken has been there 12 months and never once in all that time has he logged onto the WWW to check up on whats happening in Weatherfield or the Manchester Evening News..Or phoned to speak to Peter ?? Or Leanne and Simon ??
  • Options
    AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,877
    Forum Member
    LOL! We did this too, and thought he sounded American :D We then let it run on to Deirdre and freeze framed it to enjoy the full emotion of her Wallace (from Wallace and Gromit) mouth expression! Classic!

(oh, and as above, we also enjoyed the Michael McIntyre wobbly hair thing!)

What with Ken's dodgy new accent and the barking sounds from Deirdre as she wailed in the background, if you had not had sight of the tv tonight, you might have wondered what it was the soundtrack to.
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Ive been to Canada twice and I know they have got the internet there :D..So Ken has been there 12 months and never once in all that time has he logged onto the WWW to check up on whats happening in Weatherfield or the Manchester Evening News..Or phoned to speak to Peter ?? Or Leanne and Simon ??

Didn't he refer to e-mails from Deidre soon after he got back?
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight has shown me what a bad actor Ken Barlow is.

Also, is anyone else actually forgetting Rob is the murderer and quite liking him?

I like him BECAUSE he's the murderer.

Did us all a favour and ended that affair story. Killed it dead in the water. :D
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member

Also, is anyone else actually forgetting Rob is the murderer and quite liking him?

Yes me, thought it last week when he got the medals too. Plus he looked quite hot in that black t shirt.
    Btw my mum was christened Betty
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,975
    Forum Member
    Amy's "acting" was cringy! All she did was blink and whine...no tears or waterworks at all! I watched the Omnibus edition this afternoon and cringed (again) at how poor her acting was!

Wasn't Amy just pretending to be crying though, because she was annoyed with Simon an Maddeh?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    Btw my mum was christened Betty

What a random comment. Thank you for informing us. :D
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    sam_gee wrote: »
    Wasn't Amy just pretending to be crying though, because she was annoyed with Simon an Maddeh?

Yes this has been pointed out but it's subtlety seems to have escaped some.
    Could explain why corrie thinks having 2 people with the same name is too confusing
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I like him BECAUSE he's the murderer.

Did us all a favour and ended that affair story. Killed it dead in the water. :D

Aye but how long did it take Ken to declare that he didn't trust Rob? And he said it twice! ;-) Like Rob or not; now that Supersleuth Sir Kenneth of Weatherfield has returned his days are numbered. Ken will have him banged up form the murder in no time! ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Aye but how long did it take Ken to declare that he didn't trust Rob? And he said it twice! ;-) Like Rob or not; now that Supersleuth Sir Kenneth of Weatherfield has returned his days are numbered. Ken will have him banged up form the murder in no time! ;-)

Yes, we already know he's leaving. Not sure what relevance it is to my post. :confused:
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member

Can't deny it, but he's grown on me the last few months.

Maybe that's because he actually has something to do instead of walking aimlessly around the cobbles and playing Carla's lapdog. Plus he makes Tracyluv a bit more tolerable.
  • Options
    ZebstrikerZebstriker Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrovegni wrote: »
    Todd getting a last minute roofing job for Jason and him moaning that it would be dark soon.

Jason returned after doing said roofing job and bumped into Fiz and Tyronne and it was still full daylight. After having a look at Tyronne's to give them a quote they went to the pub and Les Dennis was still in there who had to leave early to get back before his curfew which is at 7'oclock.

It was after Jason said it would be dark soon when we had a scene with Kylie and David in the doctor's office and Kylie said the appointment was supposed to be at 10 but it was now 10:30. She must have meant 10:30 at night.
  • Options
    Lorri LouLorri Lou Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why was Eileen doing school run rostas at the cab office during the school holidays.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't he refer to e-mails from Deidre soon after he got back?

What LaineyT was referring to was communication with other people APART from Deirdre. We know he has been speaking with her but neither Tracy, Simon, Peter or Amy (apart from that time she was going to Skype him and Deidre stopped her) have spoken to him the entire time he has been away? His only source of info about his family and life back in Weatherfield is from Deirdre and nobody else? He didn't look at the online Weatherfield Gazette or Manchester Evening News to find out what was happening back home?
This discussion has been closed.