World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXIV (Spoilers)

Comments

• Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    Hey the internet has already been put through enough with Eva Marie defeating AJ (even if it was by interference) . :p

I don't blame you for forgetting that Big Show match - I'd forgotten it too.

Anyway I can see WWE getting Lesnar to do one or two more PPV dates if they can (since there are still 6 PPVs until WM itself)- as if the price is right I'm sure Lesnar would be more than willing to do it.

If he could be persuaded to appear at Survivor Series, then I'm sure WWE could cope with Lesnar appearing once every two months on PPV to defend the title.

I'm watching Main Event at the moment. Heath Slater won again, then got embarrassed by Hornswoggle (dressed as a cow) and El Torito.:D
  • BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he could be persuaded to appear at Survivor Series, then I'm sure WWE could cope with Lesnar appearing once every two months on PPV to defend the title.

I'm watching Main Event at the moment. Heath Slater won again, then got embarrassed by Hornswoggle (dressed as a cow) and El Torito.:D

Forgive me for asking but why was Hornswoggle dressed as a cow? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He was at ringside with El Torito in the Los Matadores v Heath Slater & Titus O'Neill match. Michael Cole also informed us that he used to tip cows on a farm growing up.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And what you posted basically describes why Main Event is such much-see TV. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And what you posted basically describes why Main Event is such much-see TV. :D

I guess he is going to be ringside with Los Matadores from now on and someone felt like dressing him up as a cow to accompany El Torito.:D He also did the same on Superstars according to the spoilers.

Hornswoggle's cow outfit also comes with udders. To quote Cole "Udder butt, udder butt":D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess he is going to be ringside with Los Matadores from now on and someone felt like dressing him up as a cow to accompany El Torito.:D He also did the same on Superstars according to the spoilers.

Oh those lucky crowds. And again that explains why I don't watch Superstars. :D

Also, I have to admit I'm sort of warming to Eva Marie.
    Yes she is amazingly in ring,on the mic and at basically doing anything (and should be nowhere near a WWE ring) and makes Curtis Axel look like Hulk Hogan in terms of charisma.

However she's hot as hell and I do just love the way she manages to annoy so many people online so much and get so much hate when she is just basically a Diva jobber. It's just very entertaining to watch people complain so much whenever she appears - people do love to hate her :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh those lucky crowds. And again that explains why I don't watch Superstars. :D

Also, I have to admit I'm sort of warming to Eva Marie.
    Yes she is amazingly in ring,on the mic and at basically doing anything (and should be nowhere near a WWE ring) and makes Curtis Axel look like Hulk Hogan in terms of charisma.

However she's hot as hell and I do just love the way she manages to annoy so many people online so much and get so much hate when she is just basically a Diva jobber. It's just very entertaining to watch people complain so much whenever she appears - people do love to hate her :D

Fandango v Adam Rose and Emma v Alicia Fox were the taped matches for the August 14th episode of Superstars. It should still be available on demand if you missed it.:D

I used to watch Superstars most weeks up until Raw went 3 hours and they cut down the amount of taped matches on the show. I suppose it's a useful show for younger viewers who's parents don't have Sky Sports who want to keep up with the events on Raw.

I don't have any strong feelings either way about Eva Marie. In fact, I would struggle to remember a single match of hers.:D
  • stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    Poor Daniel Bryan is facing at least another 3 months out according to reports today. Saying he is having surgery on his elbow.

Really feel for the guy, finally reached the top and was the main event at Mania, then his dad dies and that poor little boy Conan passes away and then he has no luck with injuries.
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im liking paige. I think shes playing her new character very well. Her and nattie could have an awesome match together.

The divas who should be on top and battling for the belt are-
    Paige
    Aj
    Natalya
    Alicia fox
    eva marie (lol just joking #allredeverything)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    17 years ago tonight since the final WCW Clash of the Champions event. I'll have to watch the ones on the Network when I get the time.

Anyone watched any of them on the Network yet? I've watched the DVD release last year, but no complete episodes so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since it's a Thursday and I fancy causing some argument, who's everyone's favourite member now of the group formerly called the Shield (since they've been solo for a while nwo)?

For me, Seth Rollins no doubt.
    Ambrose is utterly brilliant no doubt about it and rightly has major support (and is better than Rollins at certain things) but I just personally prefer Seth.

What counts in his favour for me is that he has changed his character so much and so effortlessly - his character 3 months ago and now are completely different yet he's been excellent at both (and while he may not be as good as Ambrose on the mic, he can more than hold his own now and it's hardly a weakness these days)
    . And of the 3 members, I'm most 'invested' in him as a character of the 3.

Plus he's in the Authority which counts in his favour with me. :D

Anyone else got any views?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seth Rollins for me as well.

WWE seem fully behind him, which means he most likely won't suffer from the counterproductive booking that Ziggler and Sandow did after winning MITB.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,760
    Forum Member
    Another vote for Rollins. Although after months of Reigns being number two, Ambrose has overtaken him with this Rollins feud.

I still like Reigns a lot, all three are brilliant, but he does need to work on his promos (the last two have ended quite badly to say the least lol) and I do think he needs to work on a move set a bit more. I went to smoke on Monday, came back up stairs and the first thing I saw of Reigns was the superman punch and set up for the spear lol.
  • AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're all on par really. Rollins in ring, ambrose character, reigns finishing sequence inring are where they shine. Brill.

Its always cool what a few months can do, as april/may/june time ambrose was the one who was struggling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roman Reigns for me. The guy is a beast and not bad in the ring to. He just needs to get rid of the 'Superman Punch' name and work on his promo's.

But I love Rollins. Not feeling the love for Ambrose at the minute. The gimmick irritates me quite a bit.
  • AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been Rollins since day one, incredibly underrated until now and has excelled so perfectly. Ambrose is running him close in second though, he has come on leaps and bounds.

Reigns however has just started to bore me since they split
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went with Rollins but I do think all 3 are brilliant and it just is personal preference.

Ambrose is probably the 'entertainer' of them - he's rather good in-ring but is at his best character-wise (with the whole 'lunatic fringe' character) and on the mic and he seems very over with crowds ('doesn't know when he's beaten').

Reigns has the best look of the three arguably and a good finisher sequence plus he's over with crowds (or was until a month ago - now it seems one or two are turning on him). Has the potential to be huge but some limitations. I feel struggles a bit when having to lead a match and his mic work can vary in quality a lot).

Whereas Rollins for me as I said I've more invested in than the other two (so is my Number 1), is the best of the 3 in-ring and is just so versatile plus his mannerisms/faces simply are brilliant and tell a story on their own. His mic work too may have been a problem before but now he's more than capable (he's still not the best in the company - but it's hardly a weakness now).
    Though if I hear JBL say 'you called him the architect of the Shield, Mackle' one more time I might scream. :D

So for me: 1) Rollins, 2)Ambrose, 3)Reigns. None of them are bad but I just prefer Rollins to Ambrose and think the top 2 are slightly ahead of Reigns all-round at the moment.

Scary think is they're all under 30 so the best is probably yet to come. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to the likely Hell in a Cell match between Rollins and Ambrose at the PPV in October. It will be nice to have a cell match on the PPV with a feud so intense that it actually has a reason to be settled in a HIAC match.

That's what the HIAC gimmick was created for. A match which is only used sparingly when required, rather than a PPV based around it.
  • Sinister2010Sinister2010 Posts: 6,922
    Forum Member
    For me I love all 3 former Shield guys but if I had to choose who my favourite was it would have to be Seth Rollins been a huge fan of his since he made his debut on NXT great wrestler and his movesets preety cool plus his mic work has really improved but his still not as good as Dean Ambrose when it comes to promos like that Ice Bucket challenge on this weeks Raw and the way Ambrose just casually says what its for charity:D. Speaking of which isnt our Seth supposed to nominate 3 other celebs to take that challenge:D?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Figure some of us cynical folk might like this humourous ,mock article looking at the serious problem of 'Babyface Stupidity Syndrome'

It does seem a desperate cause that seems to strike all superstars as soon as they turn babyface. Give generously :D
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dean Ambrose for me. I'm a fan of all 3 of them, but as a full package of wrestling ability, charisma and mic skills he comes out on top. I'm still suprised at how good of a babyface he has become, considering most people expected him to be a career long heel.

Rollins has done well too, but I still find his promos too lacking. I do like that he was able to adapt his moveset, despite not being able to do his awesome babyface comeback anymore...and that curb stomp is great!

Reigns is doing pretty well too, but I'd like him to mix up his moveset, and that he's booked well enough thay the crowd don't turn on him in 2 years time a la Cena & Batista
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last year, Lesnar had 4 PPV matches. If the same is true this year, he has two more PPV dates in his contract after Night of Champions. I presume one will be at the Rumble and the other at Wrestlemania 31.

Personally, I would have kept Cena off TV for a month to sell the beating he received at Summerslam and had his rematch v Lesnar at Survivor Series. From a business standpoint though, it makes sense to have the rematch at Night of Champions as the initial 6 month signup period is up and they need a big time match to get as many people as possible to re-subscribe.

i don't think the Big Show "match" counts because it was a glorified angle and the match part of it was less than 4 minutes. It was also not in a main event or co-main event spot so it was more of an appearance than an actual match. Since he wouldn't have earned PPV percentage points profits with that spot in the card, I really don't think it was a legitimate PPV booking.

He is meant to do 3 PPV main event/co-main event matches a year allegedly and since his contract is allegedly up after WM, if he misses Survivor Series and TLC then can then book him for every event between Rumble and Mania, then they can book him for three more PPVs between April and December if he renews his contract, so next year he could possibly make 6 appearances, then 3 the following year assuming he rolls over on a similar 2 year contract.
  • AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dean Ambrose for me. I'm a fan of all 3 of them, but as a full package of wrestling ability, charisma and mic skills he comes out on top. I'm still suprised at how good of a babyface he has become, considering most people expected him to be a career long heel.

This is what I mean when I say I don't think WWE really know what they've got with him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I mean when I say I don't think WWE really know what they've got with him

Reigns has the look they like but I think even as part of of The Shield, as the stoic muscle, Ambrose and Rollins were the support he needed. Together they've had two good matches, Rollins has had good matches with RVD, Kofi and Bryan, Ambrose has had good matches with CM Punk, Kofi and Big E, Reigns hasn't had a single quality match yet despite Punk, Henry and Orton putting him over. His best match to me involved Kane and Orton both bending over backwards to make him look strong but he wasn't the one dragging it up from the doldrums. I hope they realise Ambrose can potentially be a firebrand mix of Roddy Piper and Steven Austin and they don't dog him out as a support act like they did Daniel Bryan, who honestly should have had a rocket strapped to him a lot sooner so everyone could have benefited sooner and more. Sheamus is a failed prospect, Orton never quite got over his initial fluke chickensh*t babyface champ role even though Benoit put him over well, Batista as a face was just a doomed idea since Douchetista who dresses like George Michael was his finest incarnation (I still love his "kissing babies and hugging fat chicks" promo to this day), they just need to realise when to give the crowd what they want. They've already screwed up Cesaro for daring to get himself over.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is meant to do 3 PPV main event/co-main event matches a year allegedly and since his contract is allegedly up after WM, if he misses Survivor Series and TLC then can then book him for every event between Rumble and Mania, then they can book him for three more PPVs between April and December if he renews his contract, so next year he could possibly make 6 appearances, then 3 the following year assuming he rolls over on a similar 2 year contract.

Batista is a likely candidate to face Lesnar at some point. I presume fans would be more accepting of him as a face now than they were earlier in the year.
    Figure some of us cynical folk might like this humourous ,mock article looking at the serious problem of 'Babyface Stupidity Syndrome'

It does seem a desperate cause that seems to strike all superstars as soon as they turn babyface. Give generously :D

That was great.:D
This discussion has been closed.