Options

Charmed Comic Coming in Summer

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the storyline is quite good. It is taking a while to get going because the television show wrapped everything up so nice and tidy. But the artwork is being done by another artist in the next issue and the regular artist (Dave Hoover) is leaving after doing Issue 5.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Issue 4 is out. It was a long, long wait between issues since they changed the artist but the new art is much, much better and the storyline is also improving as well. Probably the best issue so far.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah just my issue today, that will change thought as its 2 weeks for the next then 2 weeks after that for the next next issue. Liking it so far, cool new powers they have and the storyline with all the past characters and the source is great :)
  • Options
    frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David0056 wrote: »
    Issue 4 is out. It was a long, long wait between issues since they changed the artist but the new art is much, much better and the storyline is also improving as well. Probably the best issue so far.

Having got it in the post today, I am not convinced it is better. Just on the cover, all three girls look identical.

It's been a crappy wasted opportunity this comic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frost wrote: »
    Having got it in the post today, I am not convinced it is better. Just on the cover, all three girls look identical.

It's been a crappy wasted opportunity this comic.

No they don't. The covers are photoshopped anyway so how could they all look the same?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David0056 wrote: »
    No they don't. The covers are photoshopped anyway so how could they all look the same?

You are thinking of a different cover.

This is the one I got:

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3566/charmed4b.jpg

I defy you to decide which girl is which and be anywhere near 100% confident in your choice.
  • Options
    wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely forgot about this, I've never been good with comics anyway, stopped reading the Buffy one half way through, now just catch up occasionally using wiki.

This is the one I got:

I defy you to decide which girl is which and be anywhere near 100% confident in your choice.

The one on the bed, I'm certain is Paige, have no idea which one's which at the door though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ See, if pushed I would have said the one on the bed was Phoebe.

I dont think it's too much to ask to be able to pick up a Charmed comic and be able to recognise the three sisters straight away without second and third guessing yourself...
  • Options
    wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ See, if pushed I would have said the one on the bed was Phoebe.

I dont think it's too much to ask to be able to pick up a Charmed comic and be able to recognise the three sisters straight away without second and third guessing yourself...

Agreed, I'm kind of glad I didn't bother now. Is it just as bad inside?
  • Options
    Nuartey1Nuartey1 Posts: 2,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Charmed is still copying Buffy the Vampire Slayer after all these years :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is the one I got:

I totally forgot about that cover. My bad. I thought you were talking about the Seidman covers which are much, much better. My bad :o

The artwork inside is much better now though since they changed artists. It's still not as good as it could be but is it a lot better and the sisters actually look similar to the actress. That said, the Buffy comic artwork isn't all that great either. Especially on characters like Dawn, Kennedy and Faith - they all look the same-ish.

Issue 5 has been postponed. Zenescope are rubbish at getting things out on time but it looks like it'll be out late Jan.