Winner's song - does anyone think...

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    minirog wrote: »
    I'm tough - I can take it! My opinion is my opinion. I stand by it, but I guess you've taken me to be a scary Daily Fail type mass panic type of person. I'm not.

I am just (to quote Ken Barlow) "a (wo)man trying to make sense of the world".

Right.... off you go again ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!!! :p

Some manic dalek take over your keyboard? :p:D:D:D
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    The OP clearly doesn't know what 'Hallelujah' is alleged to be about :eek:
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Classic OP. Love it. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will stick my neck it it wont be Xmas number 1
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I will stick my neck it it wont be Xmas number 1

Let's hope you haven't put too much money on that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    The OP clearly doesn't know what 'Hallelujah' is alleged to be about :eek:

I think I do! It's a story about love and lust giving way to domesticity and boredom(which quotes biblical stories relating to King David wooing a married woman, getting her pregnant and then killing her husband in war and also about Samson loosing all his strength when Delilah cut his hair, but is not a religious song, nor a song directly about these stories). It's about a lack of freedom, lack of sex, lack of excitment and ultimately lack of faith. No happiness on earth and a loss of hope that there is an eternal life beyond this. It's about coming to terms with pain and longing for a time that life seemed easier.

That's what I think anyway!

It's not that I don't think Many of Horror is (or could be) metaphorical, it's that the message 'When we Collide' sends out to the type of teeny fans who like the X Factor. Maybe the meaning will be lost, maybe it won't, but I still think that this song gives out a negative message to an emotionally vulnerable age group.