Options

Vision Price Drop?

2»

Comments

• Options
    colin 38colin 38 Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Hi.
    I have been with BT for over a year now never had any problems with any of my services.
    Unlike when I was on Sky Connect paying £17.00 a month for a very poor service.
    I`m now on :
    Broadband and Anytime Calls £12.99.
    BT Vision Bronze Pack £7.50 Free ESPN.
    Line Rental £12.04.
    Total Price £32.53 month.Saving £19.49 a month.
    Which I think is a bloody good deal.:D
  • Options
    steven3001steven3001 Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    colin 38 wrote: »
    Hi.
    I have been with BT for over a year now never had any problems with any of my services.
    I`m now on :
    Line Rental £12.04.

that is pretty good deal
  • Options
    spaceman05spaceman05 Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi.
    I`m now on :
    Line Rental £12.04.

i got slighly better deal, got the ame as you on bt vision, but on broadband and calls i got it for £9.99
  • Options
    spaceman05spaceman05 Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oops just noticed u goy anytime calls, i got free evening weekend calls, but that suits me as i am never at home during day
  • Options
    1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    I am trying to get my neighbour on Sky broadband as well. They are paying BT £15 a month for something that is used maybe once or twice a month, they may as well swap over to Sky free broadband.
    Why not get them to keep BT and get Vision, Freeview or Freesat? They may access pay channels very infrequently and hence not need Sky.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    azimo wrote: »
    This will be good for everybody no matter if they are with BT Sky or Virgin, they are all fighting for the same customers,
    I've had offers from all three and to be honest if I where going to go back to any of them it would be Sky.

It is always good, more competition and will make other providers give better offers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1andrew1 wrote: »
    Why not get them to keep BT and get Vision, Freeview or Freesat? They may access pay channels very infrequently and hence not need Sky.

Because her hubby watches a lot of sport, they also have three sky boxes, try doing that with BTV. i don't think their broadband would support BTV, even though they live next door to me they get less with BT than I did. The last time i checked it was when they had a new version 2 router and it was just under 2 megabits.

The cables really need sorting out up here.

i think they have or are getting rid of the movie channels.

Sorry, did not read the message correctly, I did say about getting freesat in one of the rooms upstairs, but I think they are going to cancel one of the multirooms
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi.
    I`m now on :
    Line Rental £12.04.

Sky connect is rubbish, it really is , well going by what I have read, their LLU service if you can get it far better.

Pretty good deal you got their, the problem is Bt got to keep offering those deals to keep people, saying that so does Sky.

I know someone who phones sky up after his contract is over every year to get another good deal. I suppose that is the way to do it, to be honest I could not be bothered.

One reason I got a sim only phone contract, I pay a tenner a month for a service and I know that vodafone is not going to bother me to update and try and get me to update. I hope they not anyway

I got fed up of Bt phoning me because I would not renew my broadband contract and when I left broadband wise they kept phoning me to renew my home phone contract.

The phone service I had was line rental and weekend calls, no contract, that was all I wanted, but Bt kept pestering me to go on one of the renewable contracts for free weekend and evening calls. I was on the verge of going elsewhere, but they just made me do it quicker.

Broadband was the same, like I told the last person who phoned me about broadband, if I wanted to renew for another 12 months i would ring them.

i hate pushy companies.
  • Options
    Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noise, been trying to quote one of your posts but it won't let me.

Just because BT BB was bad for you doesn't make it bad.
    For the vast majority of users it will be fine and for £10 a month unlimited plus free ESPN with Vision for £12 a month good value.

Must admit I have never thought of questioning my local supermarket staff on telecoms matters, will remember to ask the checkout girl at Tesco about her thoughts on the benefits of LLU next time I am in.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noise, been trying to quote one of your posts but it won't let me.

Just because BT BB was bad for you doesn't make it bad.
    For the vast majority of users it will be fine and for £10 a month unlimited plus free ESPN with Vision for £12 a month good value.

It is okish if you are close to the exchange, but the BT system seems to not like long lines. I know the technology is at it limit anyway, but why is it that on the same cables, same exchange, that I can get a better sync speed with Cable and wireless than BT?

I was sceptical to start with I must admit. but on the promise that if ADSL2+ did not work on my line that I could go for a ADSL2 and ADLS profile I decided to leave Bt and try the Cable and wireless network.

I came back from work to find it changed over one day and the first thing I did was look at my sync speed and found not only was it higher than BT, but my SNR was better.

why? then only thing that have changed is that the equipment belongs to Cable and Wireless not Bt.

that also don't take in account that Bt reduced my speed every flipping night, where the provider I am with now don't

Must admit I have never thought of questioning my local supermarket staff on telecoms matters, will remember to ask the checkout girl at Tesco about her thoughts on the benefits of LLU next time I am in.:rolleyes:

you get to know some people and they get to know you and get to know your interests. i like to talk to our customers.

customer service, going that bit further, something Bt should think about
  • Options
    masona2masona2 Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The news of a Vision price drop is good news for us.

The other service providers will also notice.

A realignment of BT marketing stratergy. Nice.

And I've never had the Gold pack.