Help!!!!!!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
Forum Member
✭✭
My cable box needs re-booting every other day as it wont show programme information. I called Virgin and they said I would need an engineer. I did not book the engineer at the time but as I have time off work next week I thought I would. So I called Virgin...only to be directed to India. I explained to the guy 5 times that I had been advised that I needed an engineer and he kept repeating to me 'Madam turn your box on and off at the mains'

Im getting fed up with Virgin...if its not one thing its another. I have had problems with my tv and broadband! And as for Virgin One..dont get me started!

Has anyone else called Virgin and got through to the call centre in India...if so did you find them to be of any help? And is there not call centre in the UK now??

Comments

• War OnWar On Posts: 1,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there,

To be honest you may find that an engineer comes out and 2 days later you get the same problem. It shouldn't be like that but at times it is!

As for the call centre - I personally manage with them but I know it's not easy. Annoying as this may be, just try calling again.

Eventually some1 will help you but if they keep saying reboot your box just say that you've done it, then ask them what to do next. They may try rebooting from their end. After they try this the procedure for most issues is to issue an engineer visit.

If you get no luck at all, just ask to speak to their supervisor and so on - eventually someone will come on the phone that can help.

Good Luck - one other tip, once you get that booked, call cust serv again (believe it or not) and complain about the whole situation and with a little pushing from your end you might manage to get 10 or 20 quid off your next bill!!!

Worth a try.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont fight with the Indians. Let them go through their script until they get to the end, then you will get an engineer, it is just about the only thing they CAN do for you, but must fail all possible ways to blame you first.