Options

Facebook has said my account has been hacked

SazzybluegirlSazzybluegirl Posts: 212
Forum Member
hi,
wonder if anyone can help tried to access my Facebook account last night and couldn't get on as access was denied "Due to your account may have been hacked" has this happened anyone else?
Wanting me to sign on with the computer that i set the account up with which was the computer i was logging on with. (but have had a clean done on my laptop)
If i can't do that it's looking me to scan documents to verify who i am.
Have asked around my friends and no-one has heard of this. Quite new to FB so would appericate a bit of help.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think its best you go to the advice section of digital spy, but i hope your problem gets sorted out who are these horrible hackers.
  • Options
    CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    If Facebook had been 'hacked' then it would be all over the news. The more likely scenario is that somebody has guessed your log-in details or you've been phished.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks to both of you maybe i'll try the advice section
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is this through an email, or the actual site?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Just click on help at Facebook and type hacked account - it will talk you through getting back and securing your account
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jenzie wrote: »
    is this through an email, or the actual site?

Through an e-mail.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just click on help at Facebook and type hacked account - it will talk you through getting back and securing your account

Thanks will try that
  • Options
    Early BirdEarly Bird Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Through an e-mail.
    It's a phising scam, don't click on the link in the email!!!!!

I get them from my NatWest bank - the fact is, I've never banked at NatWest... Probably some guy in Nigeria wanting to get access to your details, and rob you blind...
  • Options
    Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My fb account was hacked about 3 years ago so I left. I rejoined before christmas and it was hacked again so I won't be rejoining.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Through an e-mail.

Never pay attention to an e-mail claiming it needs account details from you as the companies would never ask for them. They just want to steal your details and find a way to steal money.

I get e-mails like it all the time, from multiple banks I don't bank with, online gaming accounts I don't even have, paypal, youtube and facebook.

Ignore them all and go to the website your account is on and log in and if there is a problem you will see it there.