Options

Worst Only Fools Episode

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 258
Forum Member
Has to be A royal flush and Miami Twice?

Comments

• Options
    zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miami Twice for me.
  • Options
    tinmantinman Posts: 3,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miami Twice
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So many to choose from , then there's the endless repeats !!

Aghhhhhh!
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I don't get all the hate for Miami Twice. I think it's utter brilliance.

I'm not a big fan of A Royal Flush, not least because I don't care much for Del Boy in this episode.

The last one, Sleepless in Peckham, was quite lacking too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    I think the majority will say A Royal Flush. John Sullivan hated how it turned out too.
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    never thought there was a bad ofah episode but if i had to pick my least favourite, it would probably be a royal flush. i really liked the first hour or so of miami twice but when they got there it got a bit over the top.
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miami Twice for me, which strangely is my son's favourite.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    That's why he cutted the Royal Flush DVD?
  • Options
    cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Royal Flush or A Christmas Cracker
  • Options
    redandwhiterobredandwhiterob Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Royal Flush tbh

Worst in Miami Twice. Second part feature film set up just didnt work at all
  • Options
    EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they shouldnt have continued the series after they got 6.2 million and go in the pub and everyone claps i think it should have ended there and then

So anything after that
  • Options
    keicarkeicar Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Slow Bus To Chingford
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think they shouldnt have continued the series after they got 6.2 million and go in the pub and everyone claps i think it should have ended there and then

So anything after that

I agree with that. It would have been the most natural end for the show, it felt like it had been building up to that all along.

The sebsequent episodes were nothing short of back-pedalling. It was a stupid decision to bring it back.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Royal Flush is the worst IMO. Feeling exasperated with Del is one thing, but I hated him in that.

Odd how many people dislike Miami Twice - it's one of my favourites.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miami Twice by a mile
  • Options
    quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    I like this show but dislike quite a few episodes.I think apart from Go West Young Man series 1 is pretty terrible.I think most of the feature lengths are boring mainly To Hull and Back,A Royal Flush and Miami Twice.And I would never sit through the post -2000 episodes again.
  • Options
    welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    mamii one for me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A Royal Flush is the worst IMO. Feeling exasperated with Del is one thing, but I hated him in that.

Odd how many people dislike Miami Twice - it's one of my favourites.

Yes, Del was at his most boorish in A Royal Flush. I don't rate it as lowly as some but it's still one of my least favourites.

I'm with you on Miami Twice. I guess the dislike comes from it's lack of realism and the almost slapstick nature but I love it anyway.
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with that. It would have been the most natural end for the show, it felt like it had been building up to that all along.

The sebsequent episodes were nothing short of back-pedalling. It was a stupid decision to bring it back.

I don't think so. Rodney found out who his father was and got the child he wanted with Cassandra. It was the trotter way to lose all the money. I think it ended quite well imo
  • Options
    LurkingGoodLurkingGood Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Christmas episode in the big house, can't recall the title.
    I recall there was a lack of recorded laughs, maybe because it was pretty unfunny throughout.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hunter23 wrote: »
    I don't think so. Rodney found out who his father was and got the child he wanted with Cassandra. It was the trotter way to lose all the money. I think it ended quite well imo

I will say one thing, I loved the illegal immigrant gag in Strangers on the Shore. Now that felt more like classic Only Fools. :D

The funeral scene in the prior special was worthy of at least a smile too.

The final episode deserves credit for tying up a few loose ends, and it wasn't without it's touching moments, but it just wasn't enough. It felt so flat overall.

I think anyone could have guessed they were going to blow their fortune but it would have been nice if it was left up to the viewer's to decide.

All just my opinion of course. :)
  • Options
    Invent MeridianInvent Meridian Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The obvious worst episodes are the three 'revival' episodes from the early 2000s. The original ending was perfect and I feel the legacy of it has been ruined with these episodes.

Miami Twice was quite good although it would be better if the second part was made with the same style as the first ie film outside, videotape inside and a laugh track
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Whilst I don't think the millenium specials were the worst TV revivals ever (Royle Family, I'm looking at you), the 2003 special was an incredibly weak way of finishing off this great show.

The whole Marlene/Denzil thing was all padding, we revisit the 'making a movie' idea (many, many times) which wasn't funny in Series 5 either, and the 'we're not brothers' plot was revisited very lamely. Having said that, I liked it how Del and Rodney never really talked about it; it symbolised that it doesn't matter to them anyway.
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,413
    Forum Member
    The ones after they auctioned the watch. I think they should've left it there, but I suppose a lot of people wanted to know what would happen once they got rich. There was always going to be a follow up. Could've been done better though.

I liked the first part of Miami Twice when they were still in England, but didn't like the second part in Florida. If this one is on sometimes I'll just watch part one and not bother with part two!

I liked a Royal Flush, but Del was a complete tosser. He got on my nerves! I liked the bit at the opera, it was cringingly embarrassing but I thought they all played it brilliantly.

Not sure about To Hull and Back though. It's not one of my favourites.
  • Options
    zummigummizummigummi Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Series 4s Its Only Rock n Roll

No doubt about it, AWFUL.