Options

£10 scratch cards

Maggie_KingMaggie_King Posts: 381
Forum Member
I have bought a £10 scratch card every Thursday for the last 6 weeks and haven't had a single winner. Wtf ?

Comments

• Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stick to the £2 ones. After about a year I'm definately breaking even, I usually get my £2 back half the time and win nothing the other half. Most I won was £14
  • Options
    SardiniaSardinia Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I have bought a £10 scratch card every Thursday for the last 6 weeks and haven't had a single winner. Wtf ?
    Welcome to capitalist reality! ;):cool::D
  • Options
    KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that scratch cards exist means you should never buy one.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    These companies pay out less than they bring in believe it or not. They want profit or something crazy like that. So you won't win all that often

Sarcasm mode deactivated.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A higher priced scratchcard isn't a guarantee of better winning odds. You're just as likely to win on a £10 one as you are on a £1 one. Save your money or just buy 10 lucky dips each week instead if you must spend £10 a week on the lottery.
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry to have to say this but you must have more money than sense, spend it on something more rewarding.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A higher priced scratchcard isn't a guarantee of better winning odds. You're just as likely to win on a £10 one as you are on a £1 one. Save your money or just buy 10 lucky dips each week instead if you must spend £10 a week on the lottery.

I agree, although since it went up to £2 you would only get 5 lucky dips, but it's still what I would do with my lottery money. I'm not a fan of scratchcards.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, although since it went up to £2 you would only get 5 lucky dips, but it's still what I would do with my lottery money. I'm not a fan of scratchcards.

Fair point, I forgot that - although I suppose you can still get a combination of Thunderballs and Hot Picks and still get 10 lucky dips of those.
  • Options
    AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Buy them on Friday instead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There are some Teachers & Ex Teachers in canada very happy to hear that
  • Options
    Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How unusual, a gambler telling us about the times they lose.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 470
    Forum Member

I share your pain. I've dressed like a **** every Friday for the last 6 weeks on our night out, and |'ve not even been treated to one measly half a lager, let alone a slow dance to the Bee Gees ::: gutted ::::