The Archers!

Comments

• Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,954
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    I must say I enjoyed Elizabeth's naughty weekend story

Did Elizabeth and Roy spend the night together? :D:D:o

Poor Hayley. Roy was bound to get fed up of her dopey voice sooner or later though. ;-)
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    Why has Rob got it in for Kirsty so much? If she returns to Ambridge he really doesn't want her working in the shop. Does he just want to isolate Helen, or is it Kirsty personally that he has a problem with?

I think no good will come of this. Robs wife made some cryptic comments. The man is dangerous
    I must say I enjoyed Elizabeth's naughty weekend story

And yet she turned down the maths teacher guy, i forget his name. The stories are not so believable.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    Any chance the Kirsty replacement was previously known to Rob and is part of a conspiracy to take over Helen's business? Or is this too much like the recent Grey Gables manager story?
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elizabeth must have been gagging, it's three and a half years since she was widowed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Roy seems a bit lovelorn. Bet Elizabeth wishes she could just sack him

Not always a good idea to sleep with the help Lizzie :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Elizabeth must have been gagging, it's three and a half years since she was widowed

Yes she must have been - Roy is so dull and comes across as really unattractive (imo).. Not sure I believe that it wasn't just the cider - I think Elizabeth was trying to spare his feelings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe Roy is a secret stud muffin?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe Roy is a secret stud muffin?

Yes he could be ;-) It's hard to tell on the radio. I saw a photo of the actors who play Matt and Lillian and I wish I hadn't as they were so unlike how I'd pictured them :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wonder if they are lining up Tony for another heart attack, possibly fatal leading to Tom feeling guilty and committing sucide sending Helen back into the deep despond she was in when her former boyfriend topped himself, leaving Pat to struggle on with farm, pigs and dairy all on her own? Maybe Pat will be the one to end up marrying Rob!
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    It's fatal to look at the BBC's Archers pages because they just dash the character images you have in your mind's eye.

I once saw the one of Pat by accident, and she looks nothing like she's 'meant' to. Clearly an actress with overly plucked eyebrows and daft hair. And they've shoved her in a gilet and welly boots and plonked her in a farmyard. It looks ridiculous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote: »
    Wonder if they are lining up Tony for another heart attack, possibly fatal leading to Tom feeling guilty and committing sucide sending Helen back into the deep despond she was in when her former boyfriend topped himself, leaving Pat to struggle on with farm, pigs and dairy all on her own? Maybe Pat will be the one to end up marrying Rob!

Nooooo. I still quite like Tom :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why was Susan so arsey about Neil helping them out at Bridge farm tonight then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She has spent her whole life with Neil pushing him to better himself. He started off as pigman at Brookfield farm as a young lad so she sees it as going back to working in that lowly role.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She has spent her whole life with Neil pushing him to better himself. He started off as pigman at Brookfield farm as a young lad so she sees it as going back to working in that lowly role.

Yeah I know, she just seems like a bit of a stuck record now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I have to say The Archers is my audio pleasure right now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    With the way all the story lines are going at the moment I can see them booking a coach trip to Dignitas. :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yes this branch of the family deserves more misery I think :D

I do think Jennifer should have to suffer a bit too though - perhaps Brian could be electrocuted by the new kitchen, and then Jenny find he's cashed in all the insurance policies and gambled away the farm. Susan would be glad to offer Jen a place to stay I'm sure - after all, they are family ;-)
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved the way both David and Jennifer stood upto Charlie. I cant stand the way he talks to people. Maybe he will go for Elizabeth and she will change him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Interesting friction between Adam and Ian the other day; Adam missed their friends' wedding and has no time for Ian. Rocky stuff.
    I'm convinced there's a Charlie liaison on the way.

How long are they going to string this 'new road' thing out? It's so tedious already.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's one of the 'strength of the community' stories
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susan has gone all dreamy...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what Robs parents are going to be like, I am guessing Ursula will be a nasty bitch
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Interesting friction between Adam and Ian the other day; Adam missed their friends' wedding and has no time for Ian. Rocky stuff.
    I'm convinced there's a Charlie liaison on the way.

How long are they going to string this 'new road' thing out? It's so tedious already.

There's definitely a frisson between Charlie and Adam. I think an affair is definitely on the cards between those two.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's definitely a frisson between Charlie and Adam. I think an affair is definitely on the cards between those two.

I don't normally agree with affairs but Ian and Adam are quite dull together
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Roy and Elizabeth thing seems a bit forced doesn't it.
    It certainly does nothing to tempt back the mass walk-out of Nigel devotees!

They're also laying on the (obvious forthcoming) Charlie/Adam affair with a trowel now.

Ian trying to get onto some nice family chat about Jennifer's kitchen, before Adam cuts in with:
    "What does he [Charlie] want from me? I do everything he asks but it never seems to satisfy him; just what is it I'm supposed to do to make him happy?"

....Hmmm. Answers on a postcard!