Britney Spears Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Went to my town's new HMV today and picked up this: http://oi59.tinypic.com/2mo402s.jpg

Nice addition to the collection. I'm watching it now :cool:
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,969
    Forum Member
    Went to my town's new HMV today and picked up this: http://oi59.tinypic.com/2mo402s.jpg

Nice addition to the collection. I'm watching it now :cool:

Is it a bio-documentary? Looks unofficial. :D

I'm listening to "The Answer" at the moment.
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    Is it a bio-documentary? Looks unofficial. :D

I'm listening to "The Answer" at the moment.

It is (and it cost €12.99!). I watched it on Thursday night. It's an old one from 2008 but it's still a worthy addition to my ever-increasing Britney collection. I've been trying to start one for the last few months. Nobody else in college has some of the stuff I have! I love that song. One of my favourites from In The Zone :D I've played ITZ a fair bit in recent months.
    Forum Member
    It is (and it cost €12.99!). I watched it on Thursday night. It's an old one from 2008 but it's still a worthy addition to my ever-increasing Britney collection. I've been trying to start one for the last few months. Nobody else in college has some of the stuff I have! I love that song. One of my favourites from In The Zone :D I've played ITZ a fair bit in recent months.

I quite like "In The Zone". I've been listening to it quite a lot lately too.

I have a couple of Britney bio/documentary DVDs. I have "Live in Las Vegas" and "For The Record". I used to have "Live & More" on VHS back in the day. I was a massive fan as a child and watched it every day. When I re-watched bits of it on Youtube a couple of years ago I could remember absolutely everything, even down to the background music (not her songs, just background music used in the documentary).
    Forum Member
    I quite like "In The Zone". I've been listening to it quite a lot lately too.

I have a couple of Britney bio/documentary DVDs. I have "Live in Las Vegas" and "For The Record". I used to have "Live & More" on VHS back in the day. I was a massive fan as a child and watched it every day. When I re-watched bits of it on Youtube a couple of years ago I could remember absolutely everything, even down to the background music (not her songs, just background music used in the documentary).

I thought it was just me who had been listening to it a lot :p Which Britney albums I listen to depends on what mood I'm in, where I am or what situation I'm dealing with. If I'm angry or dealing with the L.A. situation (usually the latter!) Britney, ITZ or Blackout work best. Slave 4 U is her song :p Oops and Circus are good for that as well. I listen to Femme Fatale when I go to the Apple store and in hot weather and I rarely listen to Britney Jean or Baby One More Time, but I listen to the singles from BOMT reasonably often. I played Sometimes in the car last week when I had to go to L.A.'s office :p Work Bitch is also appropriate for listening to in the vicinity of slave driver lecturers :D

Cool. Have you any others apart from those two? I've got a copy of Live and More on DVD. I watched it back in April. I got bored of it after a while though :blush::( I also have the Femme Fatale tour. I've been looking for the ITZ or My Prerogative DVDs (yes those exist!) but I haven't been able to get them anywhere. I was looking for For The Record as well. Where did you get yours?
    Forum Member
    I don't have the Femme Fatale tour. Those are the only DVDs that I have. I have seen the Femme Fatale and Onyx Hotel tour online though.
    Forum Member
    Ah right. I bought the Femme Fatale tour one back in 2011/2012. I wanted to go but couldn't because of college. I watched the Onyx Hotel and Circus tour (the Circus tour was the one I was supposed to go to) online. I think there are bootleg or unofficial fanmade DVDs of those tours available somewhere online, but they're probably from places IT Law lecturers don't approve of ;-) My local HMV doesn't have any other Britney DVDs apart from the one I bought last week.
    Forum Member
    I've been listening to some of her earlier stuff. Her voice sounds so different on Thinkin' About You to how her voice sounds now.
    Forum Member
    I thought her voice on her debut album was very deep compared to her voice now. I wonder is that because of autotune or her label wanting her to change her voice to sound more poppy?
    Forum Member
    I thought her voice on her debut album was very deep compared to her voice now. I wonder is that because of autotune or her label wanting her to change her voice to sound more poppy?

They wanted her to change it to sound more sex kitten, I think. Slave 4 U is a great example of this.
    Forum Member
    They wanted her to change it to sound more sex kitten, I think. Slave 4 U is a great example of this.

I read that somewhere as well. I think Slave 4 U has to be one of the sexiest songs she's ever done ;-) The strange thing is that it's the song I associate with the L.A. situation :o
    Forum Member
    Britney announces lingerie and sleepwear range

To be sold in the Europe from the 26th September.
    Forum Member
    ^ I saw that. It's being sold in CHANGE Lingerie and there are branches here in Ireland. There's even one in my city :D I think I might invest in some. I'm also gonna make myself a Britney t-shirt. Anyone got any ideas for designs?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    ^ I saw that. It's being sold in CHANGE Lingerie and there are branches here in Ireland. There's even one in my city :D I think I might invest in some. I'm also gonna make myself a Britney t-shirt. Anyone got any ideas for designs?

Are u female?
    Forum Member
    My all wrote: »
    Are u female?

I am indeed! :D Any ideas on designs for a Britney T-shirt?
    Forum Member
    Britney's "Crossroads" co-star Zoe Saldana has nothing but nice things to say about Brjtney - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2713929/Zoe-Saldana-defends-Crossroads-star-Britney-Spears-singing-calls-humble-praises-good-energy.html

That's lovely. I've always liked Zoe. :) "Crossroads" is a guilty pleasure of mine. I have the house to myself this evening, I might put it on the TV.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent performance of WB at the Vegas show last night, sounded live to me!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnTJY3appq8#t=248
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Definitely sounds live to me
    Forum Member
    Sounds live to me as well.
    Forum Member
    Britney has split with David Lucado: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/29/britney-spears-single-david-lucado-cheating-rumors_n_5735488.html

Apparently it's because he was rumoured to have been cheating on her >:( I'm shocked. I thought it was the real thing this time! I remember reading the other day that she was thinking of getting married in December.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man that is a shame, I really thought they were happy but I guess not.
    Forum Member
    Well everytime I saw pics of the two of them together they looked happy, but it seems that wasn't the case :( They had been dating for 18 months.
    Forum Member
    Britney's on the Jimmy Fallon show in the US tonight! It's shown here on CNBC but I don't know how many days it takes for them to show it :blush: I'll have to keep an eye on it for the next few days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lot's of rumours going around that Britney is throwing herself into work and is enthusiastically working on her 9th album with a tentative release set for sometime next year. She is said to be toying with making the album more experimental.
    Forum Member
    Oh wow really?! I was just reading over on Universe that she has confirmed that she's working on a new album. So if the new album's allegedly coming out sometime next year when should we expect to hear the first single? An experimental album sounds good. I get the feeling it might have a Blackout/In The Zone vibe. It'll probably be what Britney Jean should have been. That makes me think of Windows versions. Windows Vista was a heap of junk, then Microsoft brought out Windows 7 and that was what Vista should've been :D