CS: Unexplained Mysteries???

Comments

• ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    Does Dev still have all of his shops or did he not rebuild them after they all burned down.

When did they ALL burn down ?
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    When did they ALL burn down ?

Maya burned them all down one by one - leaving Coronation Street and poor pathetic Sunita till last
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    Maya burned them all down one by one - leaving Coronation Street and poor pathetic Sunita till last

Chained to a cooker if I remember rightly, a fantastic story
  • Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    No all the other ones!
    I always think about this
    It turned out he had a MASS amount of kids scattered around the nation

They... Seemingly just. Don't exist now

When he first hooked up with sinnita, she found out he'd shagged around with his other shop workers (he had an empire of 7 shops if I remember right) and has a squad of kids.
  • KymberlyKymberly Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fadge1968 wrote: »
    When he first hooked up with sinnita, she found out he'd shagged around with his other shop workers (he had an empire of 7 shops if I remember right) and has a squad of kids.

Also wasn't Dev a grandad too.
  • Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Kymberly wrote: »
    Also wasn't Dev a grandad too.

Not sure. How old is Kal the fat fitness trainer meant to be? He has some old kids.

Also, what happened to the medical centre?
  • LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fadge1968 wrote: »

No it was the big secret that made her leave originally wasn't it?
    I'm confident I'm right on that :confused:
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    But are the shops still going.
  • MallyminxMallyminx Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    shelts wrote: »
    Why did Stan and Hilda's 2 children (that were in care) never show up or get a mention.

Irma married Ken Barlow's younger brother David. He died years ago. Don't know what happened to her afterwards.
    The Ogdens also had a son, Trevor, who was only in it a few times in the early days then disappeared. However, I remember Stan and Hilda getting back in touch with him many years later. He had married above himself and lived in a big house in a posh area and was a bit of a snob. The reunion with his parents didn't work out, not surprisingly.
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mallyminx wrote: »
    Irma married Ken Barlow's younger brother David. He died years ago. Don't know what happened to her afterwards.
    The Ogdens also had a son, Trevor, who was only in it a few times in the early days then disappeared. However, I remember Stan and Hilda getting back in touch with him many years later. He had married above himself and lived in a big house in a posh area and was a bit of a snob. The reunion with his parents didn't work out, not surprisingly.

I think shelts was referring to Stan and Hilda's two youngest Tony and Sylvia, who hadn't actually appeared in the series but where mentioned in their earliest appearances. Due to Stan being drunk and abusive they both ended up in care.

For years to come they where never mentioned again, and Hilda only talked about having 2 children (Irma and Trevor). This either means the writers decided to ignore the two other children, or Hilda simply didn't want to revisit these days and felt ashamed.
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing that annoys me is undeclared deaths because the person moved away in the old days for example is Florrie Lindley (took over the shop in episode 1) dead as the actress has been dead for 23 years and if the character is still alive she would be 92 so is most likely dead.

I know they can't account for everyone but I like closure.

I suppose in a way it is realistic, in reality we will not know the fate of every person we used to know. Although it would be interesting if a spin-off book was written to reveal the fates of these characters and what happened in their post Weatherfield life.

It's a shame they missed the opportunity to find out what happened with Dennis' sister Linda, her husband Ivan and their two sons.
  • Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Len Windass moved to Germany although Wilf Morton still remains a mystery as the actor suddenly had his contract terminated immediately with the disappearance never explained, I liked him.
    I don't think Lens departure was explained on screen until Eddie left so he did kind of disappear. The Windass family were supposed to be really rough when they moved in so maybe they just dropped him when they decided to totally change their personalities.
    But are the shops still going.

Dev had to sell his other 6 shops when he was short of money. I'm sure it was around he time he moved from his posh flat on to the street
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are Pam and Bill still together (and are they still engaged)?

That storyline was strange. Bill had initially been axed, but was then brought back with Pam, only to have a heart attack in the garage after announcing his engagement, never to be seen again.

I would have liked to see Bill and Pam marry and stay on the show. It seemed to be the intention of the scriptwriters after his axing was cancelled.
    Forum Member
    I was on the old set and I have noticed something where does the bus go after the bus shelter as Victoria Road is a dead end also I have seen the bus go up Coronation Street but isn't Coronation Street a bit too quiet for a bus to go up especially with cobbles.

Surprised Katy (Georgia May Foote) hasn't noticed this since she seems to be self aware.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was on the old set and I have noticed something where does the bus go after the bus shelter as Victoria Road is a dead end also I have seen the bus go up Coronation Street but isn't Coronation Street a bit too quiet for a bus to go up especially with cobbles.

Surprised Katy (Georgia May Foote) hasn't noticed this since she seems to be self aware.

It goes up Victoria Street :p
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4-5-4oHJXWc/UvtpXOhWxrI/AAAAAAAAADg/GcUlO0z_hoY/s1600/csvs.png
    The street is much bigger on the new set
    Forum Member
    Whatever happened to Turners Joinery???
  • mark e amark e a Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened about Mike's girlfriend who went missing?
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever happened to Turners Joinery???

Turner sold it to Leanne and Peter who began building the Joinery, then Peter got drunk and the project was put on ice, then Nick opened it up as Nick's Knicks while Underworld was in ashes, then he eventually turned it into the Joinery, then it exploded and a tram fell off the viaduct above, he eventually rebuilt it as Nick's Bistro, then renamed it last week to "Just Nick's"

:D
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,430
    Forum Member
    My question is - why is it that no Corrie characters ever have family visitors at Christmas or never visit family members themselves.

Every year, it's the same old faces round the dinner table, the only difference being they are wearing paper hats.

The only character I remember saying he was going to visit his parents on Christmas Day was Curly Watts. I remember it because it was so unusual.
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The mystery of what has happened to Tina's mother? Why is she not going through her daughter's personal effects? Why are Drama Queen Rita and Steph who knew her 5 minutes doing this? What was the point of bringing her in just for a couple of weeks to hang around the Rovers? Why has Gail who was Tina's step mum and close to her never been involved with anything?
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know if anyone has said it as I haven't read the whole thread...

The biggest mystery for me is why is Steph so ridiculously tearful about someone she only knew for two minutes and then even quoted that she knew Tina better than anyone?????? What about David? It's just giving this character some storyline to cling on to as she has naff all else, think I answered my own question there :D
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The mystery of what has happened to Tina's mother? Why is she not going through her daughter's personal effects? Why are Drama Queen Rita and Steph who knew her 5 minutes doing this? What was the point of bringing her in just for a couple of weeks to hang around the Rovers? Why has Gail who was Tina's step mum and close to her never been involved with anything?

Good questions, Maria_Robinson. Probably the same writer who had Stella sorting through Betty's effects, when she didn't even know her.
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where are all Dev's mistress's? IRL they would be like bees round a honey pot the minute Sinita kicked the proverbial.

Where is Dev's daughter, apparently the only one he ever acknowledged, Amber?

What's happening to the kebab shop?

Why do people have the most gigantic rows one week and are bosom buddies the next week?

Why do the PTB keep renewing not only Kim watsit's contract but the awful Antony Cotton's??????

Why do they not get a decent producer, one without a random personality changer, s/ls that go round in circles, all s/ls featuring his "favourite" actors to the fore all the time, never giving others a chance, ridiculous s/ls such as the "racist" baloney and the tiny fireman and his wife living in Eileen's house.

And why did the tiny foreman live at Eileen's overcrowded squat when he had a very nice, large house all to himself and his poorly wife?
  • newgrangenewgrange Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    How come we never see Fat Brenda?
    What was Mary's once off 'incident with the chain saw'?
  • owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone ever taken the tram/metro into Manchester. Does it even stop in Weatherfield.

Where do all the cars go at night?