RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Such a head blagging film. So underrated but imo, a masterpiece

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i loved it too. It's stunning on Blu-Ray. Is it the Melissa George film you are on about?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i seen it ages ago when it came out..but i reckon it needs another veiwing on it..c'on tv put it on lol
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    i loved it too. It's stunning on Blu-Ray. Is it the Melissa George film you are on about?

That's the one. I don't normally like 'Groundhog day' based films but there's something special about this
  • IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it's great - really surprised me just how good it was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Another +1 from me, great film - really odd.
    The final 20 mins or so have a brilliant feeling of impending dread.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    had never even heard of it, but have looked it up and it looks good :) Will put it on my watchlist.
  • theshadowtheshadow Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its an absolute gem of a film.
    Time will be very kind to this film going forward.
    A friend told me its the only film where if you want to watch the sequel to it, rewatch it again. I did not know what that meant and it made me curious to watch it.
    Brilliant!
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant film asides from it having Melissa George in it. She is dreadful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Along with The Hunger Games (baring in mind, a MASSIVE blockbuster) this is my favourite film ever. It's one of those films that makes me look at things completely different, such a mind twister. Beautifully shot and acted and an absolute underrated gem of a film. I would recommend this to anyone. Literally one of my favourite films I could never get tired of!
  • meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, the scene with the dead birds on the ships hull was really good,
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    theshadow wrote: »
    Its an absolute gem of a film.
    Time will be very kind to this film going forward.
    A friend told me its the only film where if you want to watch the sequel to it, rewatch it again. I did not know what that meant and it made me curious to watch it.
    Brilliant!
    I get that; saw it at the cinema....had to see it again, the day after.
    a Gem of a Film:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know it would be
    time loop situation
    until I watched it, I thought it would be like Ghost Ship.

Bought it on Blu-ray for £6
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Each time you watch it you catch little things that you missed the last time, little triggers. Complete gem.
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    Read a few reviews of Triangle a few years back that mentioned the film 'Timecrimes' as a kind of comparison. Having loved 'Timescrimes' I took a punt on Triangle. Glad I did, a very underrated film.

TimeCrimes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480669/
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    ^ Yup, Timecrimes is terrific.

Haven't seen Triangle so I too must give it a go.
  • ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ Yup, Timecrimes is terrific.

Haven't seen Triangle so I too must give it a go.

I have Timecrimes on DVD, I bought it after watching Triangle because it was recommended as a similar film by the good folk on IMDb. I never got around to watching it though, I'll have to change that.

Triangle itself is a good film, different from the usual fare and it demands multiple viewings. Each time you watch it you notice a little bit more which helps complete the jigsaw puzzle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching this now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great Film, and for those who dont understand it, the extras are your friend;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    Each time you watch it you catch little things that you missed the last time, little triggers. Complete gem.

Its a film that needs a couple of watches, once you get to the end of the film and whats actually happened hits you then watching it again makes it even more fun as it then makes total sense from start to finish.
  • AbacussAbacuss Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Enjoyable, original film. Watched it on this thread's recommendation, otherwise I hadn't heard of it, so thanks to the OP. One watch is enough for me as the premise unravels as the loop gets wider until the end is reached, and you get the gist of the film at the crucial moments. Pretty sure I didn't miss anything to warrant a repeat viewing. But a good little film.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abacuss wrote: »
    Enjoyable, original film. Watched it on this thread's recommendation, otherwise I hadn't heard of it, so thanks to the OP. One watch is enough for me as the premise unravels as the loop gets wider until the end is reached, and you get the gist of the film at the crucial moments. Pretty sure I didn't miss anything to warrant a repeat viewing. But a good little film.
    Many people did not realise she was in purgatory and the reasons why even after getting to the end of the film
  • AbacussAbacuss Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    But what happens at the end is not actually that surprising because its been steadily happening throughout the film.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many people did not realise she was in purgatory and the reasons why even after getting to the end of the film

I only realised this last night :-) and I've watched it a few times. Watched it again last night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    I only realised this last night :-) and I've watched it a few times. Watched it again last night.

Yeah it takes a while to work it out, I knew what had happened by the end of the movie but the extras comfirmed it and explained it in a lot more detail as well.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the best films, also one of only a couple that i rewatched straight away.