Torres or Suarez

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 811
Forum Member
✭✭
Who would you rather have in your team?

Torres or Suarez 102 votes

Fernando Torres
21%
Mr.LavignesajankaloukHeavenlyIan KaneBigBmadHe4rtkingjeremybob187man_bear_pigThe_Sleeper[Deleted User]Blackadder VNeppyOhWhenTheSaintsJokanovicJMTD[Deleted User][Deleted User]InTheLoop 22 votes
Luis Suarez
78%
Wouter[Deleted User]2FSbobcarsatelliteSJ_Mentalmarkmc2k5John DoughoblivianLostFoolmlt11Lisa.BBonesy84SolidSnake[Deleted User]scorerSeason 74edduk1981mike65Marmite Baby 80 votes

Comments

• Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Neither would get in our side.
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Luis Suarez
    Suarez is one of the best players in the league
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luis Suarez
    Suarez. Just a shame he's got a shower of **** around him at the moment!
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither thank you.
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Suarez is obviously on better form right now, but I couldn't pick one either.
  • Options
    CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Torres of 4 years ago was a world beater, now he just looks a pale imitation of the player he was. LFC must still be ecstatic for getting £50million for him.
  • Options
    dgsmithdgsmith Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luis Suarez
    CTD101 wrote: »
    The Torres of 4 years ago was a world beater, now he just looks a pale imitation of the player he was. LFC must still be ecstatic for getting £50million for him.

I'd be more ecstatic if I were a Newcastle fan getting £35m for Carroll.

Suarez currently has to be one of the most in-form strikers in the PL at the moment, though Van Persie has also looked very good since he moved.
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luis Suarez
    How any football fan could seriously choose Torres over Suarez at the moment, needs their head testing. If you take all the bias and accusations out of it. It's pretty clear that at the minute Suarez is by far the better player.

If it were a few years ago when Torres was good, it would be different.
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why no neither catagory? ;)
  • Options
    zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    seellee wrote: »
    How any football fan could seriously choose Torres over Suarez at the moment, needs their head testing. If you take all the bias and accusations out of it. It's pretty clear that at the minute Suarez is by far the better player.

If it were a few years ago when Torres was good, it would be different.

I think the obvious reason is to avoid the baggage/history that comes with Suarez.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Suarez is in a rich spell of form but its emphasised by the poor players that surround him. Torres hasn't played well for 3 years.

The very top clubs wouldn't have any use for either if they were buying a striker today.
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Fernando Torres
    Torres by a country mile.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Luis Suarez
    JMTD wrote: »
    Torres by a country mile.

How come?
  • Options
    ImonfireImonfire Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fernando Torres
    Torres is twice the player that Suarez is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Imonfire wrote: »
    Torres is twice the player that Suarez is.

Torres WAS twice the player Suarez is.
  • Options
    ImonfireImonfire Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fernando Torres
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Torres WAS twice the player Suarez is.

Was and is.
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luis Suarez
    Suarez. No Brainer.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luis Suarez
    Torres has switch the lights off and left the building.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fernando Torres
    Torres...even as demoralised and lacking in confidence as he is now he is a far better player than Suarez when in form. With the correct handling and a bit of extra emotional support (nothing wrong with needing a bit of extra help, look at what Sevilla's wonderful patience and support for Jesus Navas has done for the lad) his confidence will begin to return and while he will never be a world beater again he will return to something like his former self. And as talented as he undoubtedly is Suarez comes across as such an odious person I'd hate to have him anywhere near my team...
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luis Suarez
    ceb1988 wrote: »
    Torres...even as demoralised and lacking in confidence as he is now he is a far better player than Suarez when in form. With the correct handling and a bit of extra emotional support (nothing wrong with needing a bit of extra help, look at what Sevilla's wonderful patience and support for Jesus Navas has done for the lad) his confidence will begin to return and while he will never be a world beater again he will return to something like his former self. And as talented as he undoubtedly is Suarez comes across as such an odious person I'd hate to have him anywhere near my team...

I'm sorry but the confidence thing is just an excuse now. He's been pretty poor for nearly 3 years now. Possibly more. I don't ever see him getting anywhere near the heights he did a few years ago.
  • Options
    Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    mike65 wrote: »
    Torres has switch the lights off and left the building.

He returns each week to collect a suitcase containing £180k ;)
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luis Suarez
    Based on form I picked Suarez.

I imagine they'd be deadly together if they were both in form!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    Luis Suarez
    On all evidence of the last 2 years Suarez has to be of much more value to any team than Torres.

With a Torres at his best of the past it would be more of a debate, i.e. Suarez's overall contribution against the then Torrres's much better finishing. But in recent times I really don't think it is remotely close. Suarez !
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On current form, Suarez is the better player by a mile. I wouldn't actually want him at my club though.

However Torres at his peak was better than Suarez is currently. For a couple of seasons, Torres was arguably the most in-form striker in the world.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Luis Suarez
    People saying that Torres just isn't in form, I disagree, I think this is his form now, he's past his peak he won't get any better