Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't help but love Naomi despite her scheming I wonder what direction they will take her in now.

Getting fed up of the Paige storyline now although the reveal should be epic, so many characters lives will be turned upside down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I can't help but love Naomi despite her scheming I wonder what direction they will take her in now.

Getting fed up of the Paige storyline now although the reveal should be epic, so many characters lives will be turned upside down.

Agree with this, Naomi's a great addition (it would be great if they made her a permanent character) plus it's nice to see Kyle interact with someone other than the dreadful Georgia, who recently has been delivering her lines like she's just woke from a deep sleep and stumbled straight onto the set :p

I also can't wait to see the fallout between Sonya and "aunty nomes" :D Despite her under-hand tactics I can't help but back Naomi, she's injected a bit of FUN into toadies life. I find it hard to believe that he would willingly turn down WWE, meat-feast pizza and nachos and just the general awesome-ness that is Naomi (yes admittedly she does have her faults) to instead have to listen to Sonya go on day after day whining about brennan/GA, AA whatever/that b****y mummy blog and god knows whatever else it is that takes priority over their relationship. Silly toadie, who will he share his meat-feast with now? :D
  • Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the scene with the spoons and also the way Paige confided in Brennan but he jumped to the wrong conclusion and thought she was talking about Ethan. I would love Ethan to come back and for him to live with Brennan, Paige and Naomi. They all have great chemistry. It's a more lively set up than the one next door with Kyle and Georgia's annoying dramas and Chris whining.
  • Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also to throw it in the mix imagine if Rhiannon came back too. Naomi could give her a makeover. These two would be fun to watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only that finds that Terese Willis overbearing and obnoxious? The apple doesn't fall far from the tree with her equally unpleasant daughter.

I much prefer the lovely and charming Lauren Carpenter.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and I loved the classic Neighbours bit, where the lad had been injured 'sketching' (which I understand is hanging onto the back of a car whilst riding your skateboard, like Marty McFly in BTTF). Far too expensive to show the stunt, so we just cut to him lying on the side of the road groaning unconvincingly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with this, Naomi's a great addition (it would be great if they made her a permanent character) plus it's nice to see Kyle interact with someone other than the dreadful Georgia, who recently has been delivering her lines like she's just woke from a deep sleep and stumbled straight onto the set :p

I also can't wait to see the fallout between Sonya and "aunty nomes" :D Despite her under-hand tactics I can't help but back Naomi, she's injected a bit of FUN into toadies life. I find it hard to believe that he would willingly turn down WWE, meat-feast pizza and nachos and just the general awesome-ness that is Naomi (yes admittedly she does have her faults) to instead have to listen to Sonya go on day after day whining about brennan/GA, AA whatever/that b****y mummy blog and god knows whatever else it is that takes priority over their relationship. Silly toadie, who will he share his meat-feast with now? :D

I agree with you I actually wanted to see Toadie and Naomi have an affair. I know Toadie is not the affair type but that was the beauty of this storyline, it wasn't just a clean cut 'man cheats on wife' it had more depth to it than that. Over the course of the last 6 months we have seen Toadie and Sonya's marriage deteriorate caused by Sonya's actions. The whole Jacob thing, then Chris's mother, then Brennan - Sonya's obsession with putting people before her husband. Then came her selfish actions when Callum announced his leaving plans causing further strain. Along came Naomi a fun vibrant woman with the same interests as Toadie I think an affair would have been very believable and of course created a lot more drama. Ultimately Toadie and Sonya should stay together but an affair could have been interesting.
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Oh, and I loved the classic Neighbours bit, where the lad had been injured 'sketching' (which I understand is hanging onto the back of a car whilst riding your skateboard, like Marty McFly in BTTF). Far too expensive to show the stunt, so we just cut to him lying on the side of the road groaning unconvincingly.

Oh, is that what it was all about? As clear as mud!
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    I see they've exhumed the whole school captaincy nonsense.

"Being school captain is a privilege". Yeah right. Do you even get a badge?

I hate Daniel's whole vibe/connection spiel that he's trying with Amber. He's just a creepy sleazebag. At least Andrew, for example, was open about playing fast and loose with the ladies.

As for Amber, we had the whole Robbo thing (complete with the sex video), then her and Josh going through all their drama and now she "loves" Daniel. She doesn't know her own mind.
    Forum Member
    I hate Daniel's whole vibe/connection spiel that he's trying with Amber. He's just a creepy sleazebag.
    You could be right, but I doubt it. He's never come across that way to me.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enough with the trying to break up with Josh already!
    Forum Member
    I agree with you I actually wanted to see Toadie and Naomi have an affair. I know Toadie is not the affair type but that was the beauty of this storyline, it wasn't just a clean cut 'man cheats on wife' it had more depth to it than that. Over the course of the last 6 months we have seen Toadie and Sonya's marriage deteriorate caused by Sonya's actions. The whole Jacob thing, then Chris's mother, then Brennan - Sonya's obsession with putting people before her husband. Then came her selfish actions when Callum announced his leaving plans causing further strain. Along came Naomi a fun vibrant woman with the same interests as Toadie I think an affair would have been very believable and of course created a lot more drama. Ultimately Toadie and Sonya should stay together but an affair could have been interesting.

I'm surprised at how abruptly this part of the storyline came to an end. I generally find affair storylines pretty boring but in this case the two characters just suited each other so much I can't really understand why the writers didn't let the story progress a bit further...

Although Sonya (whose "need to help people" makes her come across, ironically, as quite selfish) will be returning soon so I truly hope "nomes" has some home truths and witty one liners armed and ready :D

Looks like Morgana O'Reilly (Naomi) is on The Wright Stuff next week, not sure what day but it should be good :)
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Naomi. Toadie would be better with her seeing as they've got so much in common.

Am I the only one who got the feeling that Bailey isn't Matt's biological son? It was hinted at twice in today's show - once with Matt saying how they had nothing in common and once with Lauren sympathising with Amber. Lauren has form for cheating with Brad in the olden days and again with the kiss. In Neighbours World a kiss is a huge deal and the end of relationships.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised at how abruptly this part of the storyline came to an end. I generally find affair storylines pretty boring but in this case the two characters just suited each other so much I can't really understand why the writers didn't let the story progress a bit further...

Although Sonya (whose "need to help people" makes her come across, ironically, as quite selfish) will be returning soon so I truly hope "nomes" has some home truths and witty one liners armed and ready :D

Looks like Morgana O'Reilly (Naomi) is on The Wright Stuff next week, not sure what day but it should be good :)

I agree. Soap affairs are usually tedious but instead of making Naomi look deluded and desperate in a story line that was very silly at times, the scriptwriters could have had Toadie falling for her because she is beautiful, sexy, funny and nothing like the dreadful Sonya. Now that would have been interesting.

Ryan Moloney seemed to be hoping his character would have an affair to keep things interesting but Eve Morey probably hated the idea because she loves Sonya and Toadie. I reckon they've just listened to her, which is bad news for me because I don't like watching them together.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Naomi. Toadie would be better with her seeing as they've got so much in common.

Am I the only one who got the feeling that Bailey isn't Matt's biological son? It was hinted at twice in today's show - once with Matt saying how they had nothing in common and once with Lauren sympathising with Amber. Lauren has form for cheating with Brad in the olden days and again with the kiss. In Neighbours World a kiss is a huge deal and the end of relationships.

Interesting theory I remember a while ago Matt stating that him and Lauren split up for 3 months very early on in their relationship before reuniting. I thought it was a odd thing to drop in and brought about speculation that Mason might not be Matts. However then they went down the whole Lauren having Brads daughter storyline instead. My guess is originally Mason was going to be Brads kid instead of Paige but the writers changed their mind. I don't think they'll go down the route of having Bailey be the result of an affair Lauren has already hidden one secret love child from Matt another would be too much. I think it's simply a case of Bailey having little in common with his father which does happen. My dad and I look the double of one another but I don't think we have a single shared interest.
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fiagomez wrote: »
    thats an interesting feeling you have regarding bailey not being matts biological son and yeah matt saying that they had nothing in common was a bit suss; however i personally dont think i agree with you on that one but will be happy to be proven wrong if that turns out to be the case :)

i also really did think that lauren was simply referring to how brad and her kissed recently rather than because they were trying to hint that bailey was not matts son.

but be interested to know if anyone has similar thoughts to you and that bailey is not matts biological son and why

When it was hinted I rolled my eyes and thought not that one again ;-). I'm absolutely nothing like my mother. If I like something she hates it and the other way around. We don't look alike either - I'm tall and she's short, I'm blonde and she's ginger, I'm pale blue and she tans, I'm no oil painting but she was pretty when she was younger etc. etc. I swear I spent my teenage years sure I was adopted or an accidental baby swap. I know kids don't have to look like you, or even have anything in common with you, but both hints were like sledgehammers. Perhaps something to come out in the future after the eventual reveal of Paige has died down. Or maybe I just like a good conspiracy.
    Forum Member
    Tom_Willis wrote: »
    I agree. Soap affairs are usually tedious but instead of making Naomi look deluded and desperate in a story line that was very silly at times, the scriptwriters could have had Toadie falling for her because she is beautiful, sexy, funny and nothing like the dreadful Sonya. Now that would have been interesting.

Ryan Moloney seemed to be hoping his character would have an affair to keep things interesting but Eve Morey probably hated the idea because she loves Sonya and Toadie. I reckon they've just listened to her, which is bad news for me because I don't like watching them together.

The thing is, Toadie pretty much told Naomi she was all of these things at least once in the short amount of time they had been friends, no wonder she had convinced herself something was going to happen! :o you don't pay people compliments like that and not mean them.

I also agree that the story did get a bit silly at times but it actually made me feel sorry for Naomi, despite her moments of craziness she clearly did/does love Toadie, and quite frankly with all the cunning plans she's plotted around him its probably the biggest thrill he's had in a long time, knowing that someone was willing to put that much time and effort in just for him...and not a brennan or drunken bailey in sight :D
  • Jill_FanJill_Fan Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving the paige storyline and cannot wait until it all comes out.
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=fiagomez;73915477]thats an interesting feeling you have regarding bailey not being matts biological son and yeah matt saying that they had nothing in common was a bit suss; however i personally dont think i agree with you on that one but will be happy to be proven wrong if that turns out to be the case :)

i also really did think that lauren was simply referring to how brad and her kissed recently rather than because they were trying to hint that bailey was not matts son.

but be interested to know if anyone has similar thoughts to you and that bailey is not matts biological son and why[/QUOTE]

I just took it to mean that Matt doesn't have much in common with Bailey because Bailey's kind of a bookish type and Matt isn't. Matt seems to be more the type who'd be into sports and that kind of thing.
    Forum Member
    Jill_Fan wrote: »
    Loving the paige storyline and cannot wait until it all comes out.

I find it a bit annoying that she's hung on this long being deceitful and still not come clean!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is, Toadie pretty much told Naomi she was all of these things at least once in the short amount of time they had been friends, no wonder she had convinced herself something was going to happen! :o you don't pay people compliments like that and not mean them.

I also agree that the story did get a bit silly at times but it actually made me feel sorry for Naomi, despite her moments of craziness she clearly did/does love Toadie, and quite frankly with all the cunning plans she's plotted around him its probably the biggest thrill he's had in a long time, knowing that someone was willing to put that much time and effort in just for him...and not a brennan or drunken bailey in sight :D

Fair point:D

I'm enjoying the Paige story line. I thought it would be annoying in the beginning but I'm curious about the build up to the reveal. I hope they can resist shoehorning Sonya into it.
  • tjbantamtjbantam Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been a while since i posted so here's my views:

Paige is cool. Olympia Valance is doing a great job of portraying the many different aspects of Paige's emotions. Maybe the reveal has been dragged out a little, but i think it makes sense that she would want time to get know her families thoroughly before dropping the bombshell.

Am i supposed to be sympathetic for Josh that Amber has fallen for Daniel? Cos i'm not. Amber is actually quite likeable now and i love Daniel, real good addition.

Has Karl had some kind of personality transplant? As a doctor and a nice bloke, you'd think he'd be more concerned about Paul's mental state, but instead, all he is bothered about is getting Paul ousted as mayor. Don't get that.

Naomi is bugging me. The actress is really good, and I like how fun she can be, but the whole scheming to get Toadie is ridiculous.

And i know people have been moaning at how over the top Sonya's desire to help people has become, but it's all been done to fit the storyline, like when Emmerdale turned Ashley into a violent father-beater just so they could get Laurel together with Marlon.
    Sonya and Toadie were a perfectly good couple (happy marriage, rare in soap), but they've turned Sonya into a helping-addict and Toadie into a workaholic just to fit the plan for Naomi, and for me, it's poor. Toadie would never have neglected his family for his work (and that was the reason he left Simmons & Colbert, to spend more time at home), but that has been suddenly forgotten about, while Sonya has always had the need to help as part of her character (an addiction, no less) what with training guide dogs, being Lucas' sponsor at GA etc, but they way they have ramped her up is crazy. They have always been a stable couple which makes they way they've foced them apart to squeeze Naomi in all the more stupid and unrealistic.
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    jjwales wrote: »
    I find it a bit annoying that she's hung on this long being deceitful and still not come clean!
    Once you start off with a lie, it can be very hard to come clean. We've seen last week that she wanted to, but hesitated and eventually was put off by the idea. She's probably subconsciously scared that they will reject her once they know who she really is. I think that's very natural.
    tjbantam wrote: »
    Has Karl had some kind of personality transplant? As a doctor and a nice bloke, you'd think he'd be more concerned about Paul's mental state, but instead, all he is bothered about is getting Paul ousted as mayor. Don't get that.
    I thought WTH Karl, when he made that call. But, maybe he's simply cutting out going to Paul, who would deny having a problem, and thus lead Karl to take drastic measures anyway. I don't think Karl means any malice, just trying to force the situation to ahead, which is probably the wrong way to go about it.
  • lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tjbantam wrote: »
    Been a while since i posted so here's my views:

Paige is cool. Olympia Valance is doing a great job of portraying the many different aspects of Paige's emotions. Maybe the reveal has been dragged out a little, but i think it makes sense that she would want time to get know her families thoroughly before dropping the bombshell.

Looking forward to Paige finally revealing herself. How will Princess Imogen and Princess Amber react?

On the subject of Imogen, how have they managed to turn the most likeable teen into such an awful character? They never managed to make us like Mason, but you'd think when they started with good material they'd hang on to it!

Naomi is bugging me. The actress is really good, and I like how fun she can be, but the whole scheming to get Toadie is ridiculous.

Naomi is just jumping into a slot Sonya conveniently left open for her. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for Sonya - she's a self-righteous harridan!

And i know people have been moaning at how over the top Sonya's desire to help people has become, but it's all been done to fit the storyline, like when Emmerdale turned Ashley into a violent father-beater just so they could get Laurel together with Marlon.
    Sonya and Toadie were a perfectly good couple (happy marriage, rare in soap), but they've turned Sonya into a helping-addict and Toadie into a workaholic just to fit the plan for Naomi, and for me, it's poor. Toadie would never have neglected his family for his work (and that was the reason he left Simmons & Colbert, to spend more time at home), but that has been suddenly forgotten about, while Sonya has always had the need to help as part of her character (an addiction, no less) what with training guide dogs, being Lucas' sponsor at GA etc, but they way they have ramped her up is crazy. They have always been a stable couple which makes they way they've foced them apart to squeeze Naomi in all the more stupid and unrealistic.

AS I said above, Sonya left the door wide open because she cared more for herself than her family.

On another note, have been away for 2 weeks so have missed a lot of neighbours, but my heart sank when Brad got out his board today. Don't let him turn into another Michael, sitting staring at the waves like a mournful sealion!
This discussion has been closed.