Options

1D Live LA linkup

Evil GeniusEvil Genius Posts: 8,870
Forum Member
I have to admit that as that went on I ended up curled up on the sofa hooting with laughter at how much of a clusterf*ck that was turning out to be.

Bravo for making me laugh so much the tears were rolling down my cheeks! :D

Comments

• Options
    MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit that as that went on I ended up curled up on the sofa hooting with laughter at how much of a clusterf*ck that was turning out to be.

Bravo for making me laugh so much the tears were rolling down my cheeks! :D

Just goes to show how out of touch the creators of the BBC three after show party are if they have to bring in 1D who are not relevant to 50 years of Dr Who.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    I look forward to Eleven Direction carrying out the 50th Anniversary horrific satellite link-up with LA in 2063.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Car crash TV at it's best. Bravo
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened, I'm not watching O_o
  • Options
    gshawgshaw Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    That cracked me up as well, the way the feedback got faster and faster at the end was something that could almost be fitting of a Doctor Who episode itself :p

The fact 1D had no idea what they were meant to be talking about made it even better (or worse depending on how you look at it)

This after party programme is awful though, really really amateur
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sensed a sonic screwdriver at work.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite part was when they thought they had cut to One Direction, Matt Smith raised two fingers at them. Oh, Matt, never change.
  • Options
    Freeview_ViewerFreeview_Viewer Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cringe tv at its best. What the **** we're 1D doing on a show like this, better still have any part of it.

Insult to "Real" Doctor Who Fans
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly one of the most embarrassing things the BBC have ever broadcast. Luckily it was on BBC3...
  • Options
    BatmannequinBatmannequin Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Loved it.

Stuck in a Logopolitan Recursion Loop, haha.
  • Options
    scumcatscumcat Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    I had to turn over it was so embarrassing.
  • Options
    gshawgshaw Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    My favourite part was when they thought they had cut to One Direction, Matt Smith raised two fingers at them. Oh, Matt, never change.

I didn't spot that but I think that needs a screenshot :D
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank god it all buggered up, what have 1D ever done for Doctor Who and how on Earth are they relevant to the program?
  • Options
    Chris_WaltonChris_Walton Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    That had to be the most hilarious cock-up I've ever seen on TV - Served 1D right for trying to get in on Doctor Who's glory tonight
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Just saw it, loved Matt Smith giving the 2 fingers up and the fact that it completely failed it looked so 80s lol
  • Options
    CoinCoin Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Was beginning to think no one else saw Matt Smith giving two fingers to the cretins from 1D!!

Comedy gold moment that will live forever :D
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they were on before my 2 hour DVD finished recording then I will watch them in the repeat. If ever a program didn't need turding up by the the teeny bopper flavour of the month.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glad that went wrong. Why waste time on a show about Dr WHo on 1 dimension? Its as if they wanted to keep the young fans happy.
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many years has the BBC been using Trans-Atlantic live interview technology?
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Highlight of the evening for me. Absolutely hilarious stuff.
  • Options
    necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh it was so embarrassing, I had to switch channels as it was that awkward:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Thank god it all buggered up, what have 1D ever done for Doctor Who and how on Earth are they relevant to the program?
    Markjuk wrote: »
    Just goes to show how out of touch the creators of the BBC three after show party are if they have to bring in 1D who are not relevant to 50 years of Dr Who.

Yes, completely agree. What was the point of One Direction?

If they were just in the studio amongst other celebrity fans being interviewed that would have been more excusable.

But a live link up to L.A.? If they were going to doing a live link up to another country, it really should have been to speak to someone important and relevant in the world of Doctor Who.
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was car-crash since that nob of a presenter misinterpreted the oriental fan's comment as 'dirty movie' instead of 'really moving'. What an utter cock :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Dave3622 wrote: »
    It was car-crash since that nob of a presenter misinterpreted the oriental fan's comment as 'dirty movie' instead of 'really moving'. What an utter cock :D

I think he did that deliberately, didn't he?
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he did that deliberately, didn't he?

I really don't think he did :o