Options

Rate Coronation Street

CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
Forum Member
✭✭
How do you rate Coronation Street currently, with Lloyd and his heart problems, Peter and Tina, The downfall of the Windass's and Armstrong's and Psycho Maria?

Feel free to express your ratings :)

How do you currently rate Coronation Street? 125 votes

Excellent!!
5% 7 votes
It's ok im enjoying it
11% 14 votes
50/50 Good&Bad
8% 11 votes
Watchable - it could be better
24% 30 votes
Rubbish
48% 61 votes
Dont watch it so I wouldnt know
1% 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mediocre. I would say a consistent 4 Cherryrose.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Up until the Peter/Tina affair and The Skank arriving, I'd have said it's fine, but I'm down to 50/50 now, especially as the dreaded Fiz is becoming more and more prominent. :(
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Psycho Maria is great as are Sally and Tim.
    That all I'm enjoying, everything else is awful.
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful, Sally and Tim are the only ones worth watching, and Deirdre when she appears. If I was a bloke I'd stretch to Eva having two reasons worth viewing as well, but I'm not, so that's it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Watchable, but that is only for Sally, Tim, Gail, Deidre and Norris ( oh and Eva's bosom:blush::D), and the comedy gym, i love that it reminds me of Acorn Antiques gym :D:D

Most of the other characters with storylines at the moment are just annoying >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rubbish and will continue to be while the continue to employ criminals on the show >:( but still better than Emmerdale.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Not sure what to vote.. It's not exactly rubbish yet but sometimes I don't think it's watchable when it's dominated by Tina, Sophie/Maddie and Fiz. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Rubbish and will continue to be while the continue to employ criminals on the show >:( but still better than Emmerdale.

:D:D:D The sooner Rita gets sent to chokey the better ;-):D:D
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:o.>:(>:(>:(..:p:p
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voted rubbish, sorry to say. :(
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Voted rubbish, sorry to say. :(

Me too, SB is driving Corrie into the ground.,
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I vote Watchable - it could be better
  • Options
    spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not quite as dire as Ed and hasn't been bad for all that long a time. Anna is doing my head in and the only good thing about tonight was Tina looking nice in her yellow jumper.
  • Options
    chewstickchewstick Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still enjoy it but I think the windlass story is being strung out far to long, Anna's snivelling self guilt and pity has started to grate now.

If I was corrie writers I'd get rid of a whole load of characters and bring in a couple of new families and a couple of old faces

Characters I'd get rid of...Jenna, the skank maddie, Sophie, Dennis, Eva, nick, sharif, Faye....and that's just for starters
  • Options
    LynchpinLynchpin Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I voted watchable - it could be better.

Only really enjoying Sally and Tim, but unfortunately when they are on screen, it usually means Sophie and Maddie aren't far away. Made a nice change not to have Maddie at the table last night.:D
    spunger wrote: »
    It's not quite as dire as Ed and hasn't been bad for all that long a time. Anna is doing my head in and the only good thing about tonight was Tina looking nice in her yellow jumper.

Agree Spunger, thought her top was lovely. :D
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I watch it but most of the stories could be better.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    It is still watchable for me and I am hoping it gets even better in the near future.

It seems that I may be the only one who has enjoyed the Windass/Phelan SL and also maybe one of very few who actually quite enjoys the Windass family well mainly Anna and Owen.

Downers for me have been Tina/Peter, Maddie/Sophie, Fiz and Michelle.

Still loving Steve, Deidre, Sally and Tim, Audrey, Roy, the Platt's, Carla, Leanne, Mary, Dev, Norris, Lloyd, the new Maria, Todd, Jason, Eva, Liz, Jenna and Andreas mutual dislike of each other and the new gym has brought fun along with it.

So at the moment the plus's just about outweigh the minus's.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,189
    Forum Member
    pure trash at the moment and has been for well over a year,.... can't abide any of the new characters and all the good ones just keep leaving!! The stories are silly and even the old elements of dry wit are gone....
  • Options
    LynchpinLynchpin Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    It is still watchable for me and I am hoping it gets even better in the near future.

It seems that I may be the only one who has enjoyed the Windass/Phelan SL and also maybe one of very few who actually quite enjoys the Windass family well mainly Anna and Owen.

Downers for me have been Tina/Peter, Maddie/Sophie, Fiz and Michelle.

Still loving Steve, Deidre, Sally and Tim, Audrey, Roy, the Platt's, Carla, Leanne, Mary, Dev, Norris, Lloyd, the new Maria, Todd, Jason, Eva, Liz, Jenna and Andreas mutual dislike of each other and the new gym has brought fun along with it.

So at the moment the plus's just about outweigh the minus's.

On reflection after reading your post Lucy, there are other s/l that I do actually like. I've always liked Anna and Owen's partnership and how they interact with each others children.

Agree with your list of characters above except for Todd.:( I don't like either Jenna or Andrea, but I'm loving their hatred of each other. :D It's given Jenna a bit of purpose instead of being in the background in the café. Can't wait until Jenna discovers "Andrea's secret". Sounds like a Primark's version of upmarket lingerie.:D
  • Options
    Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    I've found it quite boring lately .
  • Options
    DC1983DC1983 Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of it is OK, but there are characters who bring it down and piss me off when I watch, for example Fiz and Michelle need sacking. There screeching is incredibly annoying. I also cannot wait for Tina to get killed as she irritates me too. Some of the light hearted stuff is funny and I love Lloyd and Steve.
  • Options
    ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone who voted rubbish just loves complaining if you ask me lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've abstained from voting, mainly because there isn't a category of wanting to see every character dead or viciously beaten.

That's the category I was hoping for.
    Disappointed to say the least.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really is going through a crappy patch at the moment.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with some here, Tim and Sally are best but still *Rubbish.