Options

Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love

Comments

• Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl's voice will always get in the way of me properly appreciating her as a popstar, some songs work with it and some songs don't and I don't think this works with the tone of her voice. I don't know how I feel about it on first listen, it doesn't seem to have much of a melody but I can see myself bopping away to those saxophones when it comes on the radio in work!
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am starting to really like it now, going to give it a break now.

I suspect when she performs it on Saturday I'll probably really love it and I hope the video is great.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I am starting to really like it now, going to give it a break now.

I suspect when she performs it on Saturday I'll probably really love it and I hope the video is great.

Yeah it's definitely a grower. I couldn't stand the sax bit this morning, now I kinda love it :')
  • Options
    egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is very similar
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHrhCYlLAMs
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Cheryl-Cole-Crazy-Stupid-Love-2014-1200x1200.png
    The artwork of this single makes me laugh a bit. She looks like she has just discovered she has breasts for the first time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Cheryl-Cole-Crazy-Stupid-Love-2014-1200x1200.png
    The artwork of this single makes me laugh a bit. She looks like she has just discovered she has breasts for the first time.

I wasn't a fan of the song on the first listen and still can't warm to it again today. The lyric video was awful and now you've destroyed the cover for me. That's all I'll think of when I see it now lol.

Too funny!!
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danom8 wrote: »
    I wasn't a fan of the song on the first listen and still can't warm to it again today. The lyric video was awful and now you've destroyed the cover for me. That's all I'll think of when I see it now lol.

Too funny!!

That cover is horrific!

The song is weak & the sax's in the chorus at just TOO MUCH!! Is it me or does the production just sound cheap??

I think its trying to be contemporary but it doesnt do it any justice. With a funkier remix this'll just about be passable, But its no Call my Name
  • Options
    Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D genius!
  • Options
    Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her voice sounds worse than ever-very thin. She should be layering her vocals or something
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her voice sounds worse than ever-very thin. She should be layering her vocals or something

I agree, she's simply not strong enough to compete with the heavy sax. I find the melody quite irritating.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's grown on me a lot, still not keen on the sax or Tinies bits tho,
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sax parts just sound so limp and half-arsed...
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    It's definitely grown on me.. Quite a lot actually. But I still can't get over how cheap the song sounds.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I'm not that keen, maybe it will grow after several listens.

My thoughts.
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's wank. It'll get to number one though.
  • Options
    Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its awful
  • Options
    MDHMDH Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Never a good sign when your comeback song brings to mind a comedy song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S4UVRtw_Mk&sns=em
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think this was possible, but her voice is getting progressively worse... People knock the likes of Britney for lipping and Mariah for her withering voice, yet accept this complete and utter tone-deaf garbage? It's not like it's even a decent song to make-up for the diabolic vocals. She's a very fortunate woman to have made it so far in the industry, surely she must know it's only been achieved through her undeniably attractive looks.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Interesting that this has already been play listed by Capital, yet Nicole's hasn't (yet)....despite being better received that Crazy Stupid Love.
  • Options
    Flying4XFlying4X Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    It is horrible and the lyrics are so trite! Such a weak and tuneless voice. Great looker though.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    This just sounds so cheap! It's a laughable excuse for a first single, and i'm already appalled that it's bound to be a hit. I love pop music (it's true, i'm obsessed), but sorry - this is just the worst of the worst.

That sax... oh my :cry: Was it recorded on an old CASIO keyboard?!?

:D One of the best posts i've read on here for a while! It's so true.
  • Options
    Bob_AjobBob_Ajob Posts: 1,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked her new song. I think her singles, all in all, are actually very good.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Interesting that this has already been play listed by Capital, yet Nicole's hasn't (yet)....despite being better received that Crazy Stupid Love.

Really, thats very early. Maybe because she has major promo over the next two weeks and is also performing at the Summertime Ball.

I think Nicole will get playlisted in a couple weeks.
  • Options
    kyleeekyleee Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Rubbish, it all sounds like it was made with a budget of 10p....a bit like her outfit on bgt!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Im loving it even more after bgt