Bald/shaved headed blokes with beards

Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
Forum Member
Has this trend been around before? just looks like they put their head on upside down :D

What do you all think? since watching world cup games I've seen a lot of the players having this style for e.g. USA keeper Tim Howard and BBC pundit Terry Henry (Tee Air E On Ree) :D

Comments

• U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They remind me of the Play-do Barbershop toy.
    Either that or people shouting Ally Akbar Ya Bass!.Before blowing themselves and everyone else up.
  • Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    U96 wrote: »
    They remind me of the Play-do Barbershop toy.
    Either that or people shouting Ally Akbar Ya Bass!.Before blowing themselves and everyone else up.

Ally Akbar sounds like a DJ :D

I dont know.. to me the style looks really silly! they go to the trouble of shaving their heads but cant be bothered to shave their face. :confused:
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    try standing on your head just to check they're not really upside down
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I've got a shaved head, a very short beard and a handlebar moustache. I like it :)
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a shaved head, a very short beard and a handlebar moustache. I like it :)

Ah, the BNP look. Bet it suits you
  • EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Some can be hot I guess
    Forum Member

Charming. You're right though, it does suit me :D
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charming. You're right though, it does suit me :D

I had that down as the San Francisco GAY look!.:D
    I was a male stripper in a go-go bar....:o
    Forum Member

It's not quite that sort of moustache :D
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,923
    Forum Member
    Funk You wrote: »
    Has this trend been around before? just looks like they put their head on upside down :D

What do you all think? since watching world cup games I've seen a lot of the players having this style for e.g. USA keeper Tim Howard and BBC pundit Terry Henry (Tee Air E On Ree) :D

Perhaps they are compensating male pattern hairloss by growing it everywhere else?

I would be gutted if I began losing my hair - I've started going grey but on the whole I still have fairly glossy black hair, which I love :blush:
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member

I had thoughts of Zebedee.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Perhaps they are compensating male pattern hairloss by growing it everywhere else?

I would be gutted if I began losing my hair - I've started going grey but on the whole I still have fairly glossy black hair, which I love :blush:

I still manage to appear about 8 years younger than I am, despite the double whammy of my once dark blonde hair greying to what my mother refers to as a "salt & pepper" look, and is also thinning down the middle, aka that wretched male pattern baldness, which has left me wondering what to do for the best. My hair becomes so thick on the back and sides very quickly, yet is thin on top which is exacerbated by being so thick elsewhere. If I try to colour my hair back to its old colour it shows up the thinning even worse because it becomes darker again. It feels like a horrible catch-22 situation. I hate my hair condition as it seems wiry and like a shredded wheat and looks bad after just one night sleeping on it if it is even a modestly short cut length. When I had all options open to me I often cut it very short, a crew cut style, or No2 or thereabouts, even a No1. But now I'd like it longer I am limited, damn it.

Ten years ago I went between July & December without shaving, growing a wild beard. I can scarcely believe I did it looking back, or what possessed me to even go there. But I also had a full head of hair with it! I rarely shave everyday and am happy and suit a 7 to 10 day thin looking facial growth but no more. It's harder than it seems to maintain a permanent very short 10 day old beard, and I can get away with shaving only every other day without it noticing or looking unkempt.
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »

Or perhaps not. I have the full on 'combat beard', or did until the weather warmed up, coupled with a shaved head and yet I have no problem with baldness whatsoever. If I wanted I could easily go back to sporting the full 'Tom Araya' that I shaved off for safety purposes a while back.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    with all due respect to the OP, some of us lost our hair sooner than you, yet despite this still find our facial hair still grows.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a shaved head and sometimes stubble, I am neither BNP or balding.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's a full beard, kinda long-ish, yeah, it does look somewhat odd. If it's manicured it looks much better.

LOL @ the Play-dough barbershop comment. :D
  • killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,918
    Forum Member
    with all due respect to the OP, some of us lost our hair sooner than you, yet despite this still find our facial hair still grows.

Not to mention our eyebrows, nose and ears. It's a sign of getting older when the barber spends more time on them than the top of your head.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's what I thought :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks weird when blokes have a beard but no moustache
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a shaved head and sometimes stubble, I am neither BNP or balding.

I get why blokes shave their heads or crop it really close if they are balding because it looks better than the daft comb-over shredded wheat look but I don't get why you shave it off when you have a full head of hair!
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ally Akbar sounds like a DJ :D

I dont know.. to me the style looks really silly! they go to the trouble of shaving their heads but cant be bothered to shave their face. :confused:

They are going bald so rather than have Donald Trump on their heads they shave it off all. At the same time there's a need to assert one's masculinity with a facial hair. And that's enough of my armchair psychoanalysis (is there any other kind)? :D
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The hair slipped off their heads :P
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get why blokes shave their heads or crop it really close if they are balding because it looks better than the daft comb-over shredded wheat look but I don't get why you shave it off when you have a full head of hair!

Because it suits me, it's easier to take care of, saves me money at the hairdresser, stops anyone grabbing it in any potential conflict situation...but mainly because it suits me :)
  • Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't think Thierry Henry would be pleased to be called Terry Henry.
    It's like calling Alan Hansen Alain 'ansen, or calling me Jean, (rhyming with dean), - Frank!
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a hideous look.

Two Muslim brothers have opened a Halal place in our High St (and it's not a very Muslim heavy area). There was a photo of them in the local paper, and they look like an Islamic version of the Mexican twins in Breaking Bad. Very, very scary.

No wonder it appears all their customers look EXACTLY the same so far :)