EE If Bianca returned could she be redeemed?

NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
Forum Member
✭✭
When it was announced that she would return in 2008 I was really looking forward to it. Bianca and Tiffany were such a great double act (Tiff was so much better than Kat as her best mate). The storyline in 1999 just before she left when Carol found out about her affair with Dan Sullivan was such a memorable storyline.

She came back and just regressed, turning into a major disappointment. The Whitney/Tony storyline was really good. The stuff involving Liam and the gang was alright. But other than that she didn't mature as a character. 90s Bianca was entertaining, but her most recent run was just a let down.

When she moved away, it felt like a sigh of relief. Kat has been better without her presence.

I won't be surprised if Patsy ever returns to EE, but do you think Bianca's character can be salvaged after her last run? It's not that she's a bad actress, the writers gave her such shoddy scripts for the most part IMO.

Comments

• robjames69robjames69 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have her back. As much as i liked Bianca, the endless boomerang of B just became tiring and I wouldn't blame DTC if he said to her leave or stay, no more breaks and she just left. It was silly having her two and fro all the time and that really made it difficult for the writers to find a way to move her forward. I do blame Pasty a lot for how Bianca became.
  • rapunzel4rapunzel4 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biancas one of my favourites, i hope shes back at some point. i always wanted her to be the one who had the lottery win. would love to see ricky back too but thats not looking likely
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she was pretty good throughout 2009 and 2010. I wasn't a fan of the preachy Tony storyline and the bitty development of the character from 2011 onwards.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I could deal with Bianca still screaming in her 40's
  • dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think Bianca should return one day but in a few years time.
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think her exit should be left as it is. TJ and Tiffany I'd welcome back as tj has links to Beth and Tiffany will be a 16 in a couple of years so Maisie would be out of school presumably to make carols unit more interesting.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Bianca does come back, she will only return having broken up from Terry and we have to put with her being on hard times again. While people do struggle in real life, it did become the same ground being covered watching Bianca struggle for money again and again throughout most of time during her last stint. I like the fact Bianca left happy, in love and financially able.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the only way I would be happy with Bianca's return is if she were played by a different actress

cannot stand Patsy Palmer!
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure she will return but I'd rather she didn't. Her on/off stints from 2008 to 2014 made me detest the character. She had potential to be one of the greats based on her first stint but the development of Bianca turned her into a vile person. She was loud (as always), rude, ignorant, aggressive, arrogant, selfish and a bully. By the time she left there was nothing about her I liked anymore.

If she returns I'd start by making her a nicer person. I'm not looking for saints but she was utterly foul. I don't think she actually works as a character without Ricky around either so he'd have to be brought back too.
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure she will return but I'd rather she didn't. Her on/off stints from 2008 to 2014 made me detest the character. She had potential to be one of the greats based on her first stint but the development of Bianca turned her into a vile person. She was loud (as always), rude, ignorant, aggressive, arrogant, selfish and a bully. By the time she left there was nothing about her I liked anymore.

If she returns I'd start by making her a nicer person. I'm not looking for saints but she was utterly foul. I don't think she actually works as a character without Ricky around either so he'd have to be brought back too.

SIds retired from acting. IMHO I think he should of been killed off instead of pat given he was giving up acting and Ricky cannot be recast and pam only wanted a break as pat.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SIds retired from acting. IMHO I think he should of been killed off instead of pat given he was giving up acting and Ricky cannot be recast and pam only wanted a break as pat.

Ricky was a gormless uninteresting character but he grounded Bianca. She had no one to reel her in without him around. Sid probably only gave up acting because Ricky was written out. I don't believe he left of his own accord. Don't forget he was axed in 2004 so he wasn't above it.

Pat shouldn't have been killed off but it's done now. Kathy will presumably pick up the mantle of the matriarch with loads of Walford history and we've still got Dot and Sharon who have existed since 1985 too.
  • Bart_MitchellBart_Mitchell Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    No more Bianca please, we had enough of that selfish screaming gob >:(
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only if she comes back as a Buddhist nun undertaking a vow of silence.
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a character that's well past her sell by.