Options

Chinchilla had an accident.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We have 2 chinnies. Walked into their little room tonight, and one of them (called Tubby) was hanging alongside the cage. Her back leg was caught in the mesh and she was dangling from it. She wasn't moving so thought she was dead, until I realized she was slowly breathing.

Managed to get her loose. But she was hobbling on it and clearly in pain. Panic set in because read bad things on net about broken chinnie legs.

Managed to get her into the emergency out of hours vet, who checked for fractures and gave her a couple of injections. Anti inflammatory and painkiller. He said to keep an eye on her leg and take her back if she still hobbles on leg.

Got her home now and she's a bit drowsy from the injections.

Keeping fingers crossed that the leg isn't broken, because they have to have them amputated if it is.

There's no real point to this story nor am I asking any questions. Just wanted to share. Feel proper sick to my belly that she is in pain.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know how you feel. I had to rush my dog Alfie too the vets the other month. He just started screaming for no apparent reason. He couldn't walk at all. He's a cavalier and they suffer for lots of problems. I was dreading the worst. I also had too take him back the next day. I knew I'didnt have the money to pay but they let me pay it a couple of days later. I hope your chincihilla is going to be ok.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Maisey. Isn't it horrible when pets are in pain?! Think an injured animal affects me more than an injured person lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am the same. I can't stand any I jury's on my cats. If there realy ill I usually go into panick mode. And no one can understand me