Will picked the right 3 Rita picked the wrong 3

2»

Comments

• LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe she didn't pick Mitch. He was the stand out for me. I saw her picking Mitch Karis and in all honesty I assumed she'd pick Clark based solely on passed performance because as soon as he sang she said to a confused looking will something along the lines of 'he's so much better than that' so I thought she'd pick him.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,648
    Forum Member
    Lyceum wrote: »
    Can't believe she didn't pick Mitch. He was the stand out for me. I saw her picking Mitch Karis and in all honesty I assumed she'd pick Clark based solely on passed performance because as soon as he sang she said to a confused looking will something along the lines of 'he's so much better than that' so I thought she'd pick him.
    I agree with this. For me Mitch was by far the best, Karis is not the finished article but she has potential, and Clark is 'so much better than that'. And I don't like any of the others in this group.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member
    Lyceum wrote: »
    I was flabbergasted about Mitch. A good singer and clearly has the confidence to perform live. If Lucy can be in with classical then why can't he be in with swing?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem was that Rita had 8 very strong singers in her team, Will didn't. It made Will's choices far easier (and it made his better singers stand out even more). Rita chose 2 (the 2 boys) who were good but didn't really stand out against the others. Personally I would have put Karis and Mitch through, I wasn't too bothered about the third slot!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    I was flabbergasted about Mitch. A good singer and clearly has the confidence to perform live. If Lucy can be in with classical then why can't he be in with swing?

The thing is that his performance was completely forgettable, it just didn't stand out in any way shape or form, it just did not make me want to put him through where as Lucy did. Perhaps the relative strength of Will's team might have had something to do with it but at the end of the day Liss, Hannah and Karis stood out more and for me should have been put through. Besides Joe was always going to get picked over Mitch because pop sells better than swing - at the end of the day in money making terms unfortunately Joe was the more marketable of the 2 even though I disagree with the fact that that is how things are.
    Laika wrote: »
    The problem was that Rita had 8 very strong singers in her team, Will didn't. It made Will's choices far easier (and it made his better singers stand out even more). Rita chose 2 (the 2 boys) who were good but didn't really stand out against the others. Personally I would have put Karis and Mitch through, I wasn't too bothered about the third slot!

I agree Rita had 8 strong singers but on the night Clark choked and unfortunately gave the worst performance of the night and should have been sent home on that basis. Had he not choked then its a matter of personal taste but he blew it to the point where in my opinion more deserving acts should have been put through.
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Will made absolutely the right choice (but as others have said, the rest really weren't that good on the night).

With Rita, I'm really pleased that she picked Karis and I can understand why she picked Jo, as I reckon she thinks he is 'the whole package', but personally I think he is more boy band material.
    But Clark....I don't know what she sees in him, even if you don't take last night's performance into account.

I think that Mitch or DTwinz should have been her third choice.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    via_487 wrote: »
    I think that Will made absolutely the right choice (but as others have said, the rest really weren't that good on the night).

With Rita, I'm really pleased that she picked Karis and I can understand why she picked Jo, as I reckon she thinks he is 'the whole package', but personally I think he is more boy band material.
    But Clark....I don't know what she sees in him, even if you don't take last night's performance into account.

I think that Mitch or DTwinz should have been her third choice.

really ?

if she had 8 picks they would have lucky to be 8th

a poor karaoke version of a much over-used song
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    really ?

if she had 8 picks they would have lucky to be 8th

a poor karaoke version of a much over-used song
    We all have our personal opinions.:)
  • SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steve2013 wrote: »
    I'm just stumped as to how/why she picked joe

Because of his looks I suspect. Mitch was a far better singer and should have been chosen instead, imo.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will should never have picked the opera singer, he should have chosen Brooklyn instead, his other 2 were the right choices, this just isn't the show to discover Opera singers, most viewers don't know what they are looking for (sounded darn beautiful though).
    That's the conventional wisdom and the reason opera singers have never got to the Lives before. I think Will was making a punt, testing whether the conventional wisdom is true. I'm guessing he won't give her pass in the first Live, to see how the public reacts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ironically I think Will has gone from having the weakest team to having the strongest team remaining that said Lara, Howard, Emmanuel and Karis are all strong enough to compete with Will's remarkably strong (considering he went in with the weakest team of all) final 3 in my opinion.
  • bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ironically I think Will has gone from having the weakest team to having the strongest team remaining that said Lara, Howard, Emmanuel and Karis are all strong enough to compete with Will's remarkably strong (considering he went in with the weakest team of all) final 3 in my opinion.

I agree
  • spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    That's the conventional wisdom and the reason opera singers have never got to the Lives before. I think Will was making a punt, testing whether the conventional wisdom is true. I'm guessing he won't give her pass in the first Live, to see how the public reacts.

I think that's a strong possibility. I think he'll give the free pass to either Vikesh or Sheena depending on who has the strongest performance next time round. At the moment that is a close call but Vikesh seems to be the one who keeps raising the bar and improving.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    I'm a day behind, so only just seeing this, but man Rita made utterly idiotic picks. She got 4 really superior performances, and picked NONE of them for her top 3. 2 of the ones she picked were okay but not the best, and 1 was utter rubbish.
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Will now has the strongest team.
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching on catch up
    I got to point of Brooklyn whom I do not like(her voice) so looked on here.
    I thought Hannah was dreadful so glad she not through.
    I liked Mitch the best so would put him my 3 then Joe(for teen vote) and probaly Karis
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think ricky Was clever with his choices as well