Kelly Rowland OUTSINGS Michael Buble!?!

BoxfreshBoxfresh Posts: 2,764
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone heard their "White Christmas" duet on Buble's ITV 1 special.

Kelly's vocal is beautiful, and she pretty much sings Buble off the stage. And Buble is considered one of the top male vocalists around these days.

I've rarely seen a vocalist with such a beautiful tone/voice, who manages to be so inconsistent in her performances. On performances like White Christmas, you could see why some might think she's a better singer than Beyonce. Yet other times, she struggles with breath control and such. Maybe the types of songs she sings, and the fact that she's usually doing physical dance routines affects her.

But on that White Christmas performance alone, I'd love to see her do an album of "standards". I think she could do exceptional vocal work with the right type of songs.

Oh, and I can't believe anybody ever tried to claim Tulisa was a better singer than Kelly. Tulisa could not give a vocal that good if her life depended on it.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly is an excellent singer, for some reason people on here have got it into their heads that she's not because her duet wasn't perceived to be very good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Sorry I thought she was okay but nothing great and Buble is way better than she is in my opinion anyway. I loved the Barlow Duet much more.
  • BoxfreshBoxfresh Posts: 2,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donbon wrote: »
    Kelly is an excellent singer, for some reason people on here have got it into their heads that she's not because her duet wasn't perceived to be very good.

This is DS. People have been hating on Kelly for awhile.

But she's mostly being judged on vocals where she's jumping around like a banshee, trying to dance and do some sort of choreography. Her vocals are always going to be comprimised in that situation, considering 90% of her output is dance based music.

When Kelly is just allowed to stand and sing a simple song, you kind of see how good she really is as a vocalist. I actually think she's best suited to doing accoustic versions of her songs. She should think of a genre switch to jazz style standards.
  • BoxfreshBoxfresh Posts: 2,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I thought she was okay but nothing great and Buble is way better than she is in my opinion anyway. I loved the Barlow Duet much more.

Seriously, listen to it again....and give credit where credit is due, even if you don't like the woman.

Her tone is absolutely beautiful on the song. Her voice is clear and pure. She makes Buble's contribution feel mostly irrelevant.
    Forum Member
    Boxfresh wrote: »
    Seriously, listen to it again....and give credit where credit is due, even if you don't like the woman.

Her tone is absolutely beautiful on the song. Her voice is clear and pure. She makes Buble's contribution feel mostly irrelevant.

Sorry it has nothing to do with liking or disliking anyone, I do not like her voice that much, end of story, I cannot abide Mariah's voice does not mean I dislike her, you cannot expect everyone to love a voice and tone that you do, sorry I am sure I love people you would not care to listen to either.

Its what makes the world go around, each to their own choices in my book..
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Even though Kellys Duet was the best of the night.
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Even though Kellys Duet was the best of the night.

Goodness me, that is your opinion, and I am entitled to mine which was I preferred Barlow with Buble.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to hear Kelly Rowland the great vocalist then check out her 2nd album Ms. Kelly. She sung some songs so beautifully on there. Love Again gives me chills!
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donbon wrote: »

I would say her voice is a bit thin and unremarkable. It does lend itself very nicely to some good studio production though.
  • mememeemememee Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly slaughters all the x factor judges in terms of vocal ability.

Tulisa could only dream of having a vocal Kelly has. Her duet with Amelia was the best and she sang as well as, if not better than Amelia.

However, soul/RnB is were Kelly thrives most, as you can see in this beautiful duet, Kelly actually sings Michael Buble away. It was simply beautiful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell, that was very good! I can't believe people are panning this?
    I wish Kelly had been like she was in the auditions in the Live Shows, she must of been told to turn her Americanisms up!
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Credit where its due, Kelly is a very good singer and is excellent on that duet. She has a VERY GOOD voice :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member

"Okay"? Wasn't it you who slated her performance in more than one other thread? :rolleyes:
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    joshNOM wrote: »
    Bloody hell, that was very good! I can't believe people are panning this?
    I wish Kelly had been like she was in the auditions in the Live Shows, she must of been told to turn her Americanisms up!

its just opinions and nothing the cynics write are fact. some people have taken residency on this forum recently, offering `insights` for anyone bored enough to read.:sleep:

she is a great singer and the duet was fine in my opinion.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldnt expect anything less from you:rolleyes:
  • mememeemememee Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Green Goddess would never confess to Kelly Rowland OR Misha B having a good voice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer and have always preferred Kelly's voice to Beyonce's. It's all to do with Kelly's tone. I love Beyonce but like someone said, the more stripped down, acoustic stuff suits her better. She sings most of the lead on "Emotions" and she sounds fantastic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    she was brilliant.
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    She was outsung by Amelia which I found amusing.
    Forum Member
    mememee wrote: »
    Green Goddess would never confess to Kelly Rowland OR Misha B having a good voice.

I second that lol
    Forum Member
    barrcode88 wrote: »

Dude amelia is a power singer as is christina. How loud you can belt has nothing to do with how good of a singer you are. Imagine micheal buble trying to belt a note (wouldn't be pretty). Kelly has a very beautiful tone to her voice which is what is special about it. Amelia is a rock chick so her style is belting. some of you have no clue what outsung means. Which is probably why most of you voted for little mix.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regardless of people's opinion on Kelly as an X Factor judge, she has an amazing voice
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »

No she wasn't. She dialled it down to let Amelia shine, which is correct. Also Amelia is a rock belter and Kelly isn't. Her vocal is softer and the tone is different. It worked well because their vocals were different. If Ameila did her duet with Beth Ditto from Gossip, it would have sounded like a screaming competition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Buble is far better! #differentclass
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    pjay1 wrote: »
    Dude amelia is a power singer as is christina. How loud you can belt has nothing to do with how good of a singer you are. Imagine micheal buble trying to belt a note (wouldn't be pretty). Kelly has a very beautiful tone to her voice which is what is special about it. Amelia is a rock chick so her style is belting. some of you have no clue what outsung means. Which is probably why most of you voted for little mix.

Then why would they duet on the song they did? - a great tone sure, but hardly any power in it, if she had some power in it then she wouldn't of struggled with the vocal on her solo performance whilst dancing.
    No she wasn't. She dialled it down to let Amelia shine, which is correct. Also Amelia is a rock belter and Kelly isn't. Her vocal is softer and the tone is different. It worked well because their vocals were different. If Ameila did her duet with Beth Ditto from Gossip, it would have sounded like a screaming competition.

Of course she did. :rolleyes: