Options

Christine Orohugu is amazing!!!

BoxfreshBoxfresh Posts: 2,764
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Seriously, she does not get enough credit.

She always delivers in major championships. It's ridiculous. Most of the season she extremely beatable by several of her rivals, but put her in a major championship, and she's a real threat to win. She nearly defended her title there.

A magnificent silver. She needs to get made a Dame one day.:D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girl done good.

I was litterally pulling my hair out watching the last 50m i really thought she was gonna get gold. :D
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,062
    Forum Member
    It's astonishing she has only ever run under 50 seconds on three occasions, but all three of them were in Olympic or world finals!
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,965
    Forum Member
    Very close to victory!!
  • Options
    merlinsmummerlinsmum Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Christine!:D
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's great. A gold and a silver in back-to-back Olympics, not too shabby!
  • Options
    Delicious11Delicious11 Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Christine! Yes she needs to be made a Dame.

She could have easily have beaten the American though but netherless she did great.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,965
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I think she's great. A gold and a silver in back-to-back Olympics, not too shabby!
    Probably the best attempt at a defence of the title in recent years.
  • Options
    lightblueslightblues Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes , I agree, she's a Championship runner, and a great one too, I knew that only one person could beat her tonight and that person had to go under 50 secs AND hold their form. Michael Johnson is correct if you are not on your game Christine will beat you Every Time.Sanya Richards Ross was a deserved winner , especially as she messed It up in Beijing , she has learnt a lot since , but Christine has done brilliantly and should be very proud
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You have to put Christine up there with our greatest female athletes ever (ie, she's up there with Kelly Holmes). Nobody has been as consistent as her at major championships. Sanya Richards Ross even dismissed Christine as a medal threat because she's run poorly outside of major championships, but Christine very nearly beat her.
  • Options
    Lain AndrewsLain Andrews Posts: 1,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Very close to victory!!

Indeed, well done Christine, good hair style too. :)
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boxfresh wrote: »
    Seriously, she does not get enough credit.

She always delivers in major championships. It's ridiculous. Most of the season she extremely beatable by several of her rivals, but put her in a major championship, and she's a real threat to win. She nearly defended her title there.

A magnificent silver. She needs to get made a Dame one day.:D

Yep, well done Christine. You get the feeling that if she'd had a few more yards to run, she'd have done it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to put Christine up there with our greatest female athletes ever (ie, she's up there with Kelly Holmes). Nobody has been as consistent as her at major championships. Sanya Richards Ross even dismissed Christine as a medal threat because she's run poorly outside of major championships, but Christine very nearly beat her.

Tbh Chrisine is technically a more natural 400 metres. Ross is a 200 meters runner who has moved up and has finally worked out how to win a major
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She's brilliant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn....I love her attitude as well. I'm watching her interview and she's not even happy with a Silver! She expected gold.

This woman is a born winner. Very un-British!:D
  • Options
    CubeGameCubeGame Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a drug cheat and shouldn't be competing in British colours.
  • Options
    ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CubeGame wrote: »

That's a bit harsh, but she did get caught dabbling in drugs.
  • Options
    spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She really is amazing!
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    It is a bit suspicious how she misses drug tests and only performs in major championships, there's a cloud hanging over her I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    It is a bit suspicious how she misses drug tests and only performs in major championships, there's a cloud hanging over her I think.

There will always be this hanging over her, and she knows it ,personally I'm uneasy watching her knowing what we know , but she's a great runner none the less.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lightblues wrote: »
    [/B]

There will always be this hanging over her, and she knows it ,personally I'm uneasy watching her knowing what we know , but she's a great runner none the less.

Bollocks. She missed 3 drug tests by not giving her location. She never tested positive or got caught cheating. She basically got in trouble for being absent minded. It's an easy mistake to make when you have to tell people where you are every day, and Christine basically said that she's been disorganised all her life. If I had to inform people of my wherabouts every day, i can imagine forgetting to do it way more than 3 days out of the year.

She got a ban, but I think the vast majority of people accepted she made an honest mistake, and don't truly regard her as a cheat. She's not Dwain Chambers. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing suspicuous about her performances. She's just an athlete motivated by the big occasion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Christine! You could see how much winning would have meant to her and it's a shame she JUST missed out but still a great performance.
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She done well. Always turns up for the big races.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CubeGame wrote: »
    That's a bit harsh, but she did get caught dabbling in drugs.
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    lightblues wrote: »
    [/B]

I must have missed the bit when she failed a drugs test.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bollocks. She missed 3 drug tests by not giving her location. She never tested positive or got caught cheating. She basically got in trouble for being absent minded. It's an easy mistake to make when you have to tell people where you are every day, and Christine basically said that she's been disorganised all her life..

She got a ban, but I think the vast majority of people accepted she made an honest mistake, and don't truly regard her as a cheat. She's not Dwain Chambers. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing suspicuous about her performances. She's just an athlete motivated by the big occasion.

I stand by my post, even SHE knows that some people aren't that happy .being absent minded isn't good enough .she just shouldnt have missed 3 tests, even with the Gold in Beijing this episode is a stain on her Athletics career,and I'm sure she would be honest enough to admit that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must have missed the bit when she failed a drugs test.:rolleyes:

I don't know why you are quoting my post , I never said she failed anything,but we know she missed 3 drugs tests.