Is Rose the goddess?? And is Jenny immortal?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
Forum Member
They refer to a goddess who breathed life, this must be Rose surely?

It's such an obvious reference to Rose looking into the tardis in 'parting of the ways' and saying "I give life" (or words to that effect) when she brought Jack back to life.

Also, in that vein, when she gave Jack life he became immortal...Jenny was brought back to life using the same dust like effect so is she now immortal???

Added to that the misty life bringing dust that the doctor released in 'the doctors daughter' is the same special effects as they used to convey Rose's heart-of-the-tardis-experience.

:confused::confused::D

Comments

• AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that I want to steal your thunder but I came on here literally ten seconds after the source was mentioned on the telly so I would have the privilege of being the first person to mention it :p:o

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=23601960&postcount=68

But yeah, I thought it was interesting that they made a point of mentioning it as being a "she", and I couldn't help but think of Rose being able to give life as well as take it away. Also with her being able to see all of time, presumably she would also be able to see herself being trapped in the parallel universe and lay a path to escape from it (like she did with Bad Wolf to get her back to the doctor).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Aneechik wrote: »
    Not that I want to steal your thunder but I came on here literally ten seconds after the source was mentioned on the telly so I would have the privilege of being the first person to mention it :p:o

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=23601960&postcount=68

But yeah, I thought it was interesting that they made a point of mentioning it as being a "she", and I couldn't help but think of Rose being able to give life as well as take it away. Also with her being able to see all of time, presumably she would also be able to see herself being trapped in the parallel universe and lay a path to escape from it (like she did with Bad Wolf to get her back to the doctor).

Yeah, the Bad Wolf piece just seems to big (it covered 2 series!) not to be a part of the finale. I thought path out from her time as Rose goddess was more probable and believable than finding a rift between the parallel universes. Interesting idea in any case. :cool:
    Forum Member
    Ack! Also wanted to add, that would make Jenny a little more palatable. Not quite a timelord, but immortal and honestly do a better job explaining her return to life as a resurrection rather than a regeneration. Though that theory has its loose ends...:)
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's not a goddess, she a very naughty girl!

(Which you already know if you've watched "Secret Diary of a Call Girl" :o)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is see so it was rose who but life in to jenny?
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I don't think the Goddess is Rose. The Goddess is the creator or manipulator of the terraform device. Due to the progenator creating an endless supply of soldiers in the war of human and hath,time went into generations and the operator/creator of the source became a myth and was of course extremely similar to our biblical interpretation of the book of Genesis and creating a world in six days and one day of rest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    im not saying that rose is 'the goddess', i agree with you that its most probable rose was able to alter things to this extent, i just meant that she probably is the 'goddess' that they are referring to.....there is no actual goddess, its just their interpretation of rose.

the mythology they have is based on the actions of rose....most mythology is based on fact- as the doctor clearly says in the episode!! Donna, i think, says something about the 'goddess' and the doctor replys all mythology is based on truth...or words to that effect!
  • BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assumed the Goddess was the captain of the ship who had died seven days previously?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bertypop wrote: »
    I assumed the Goddess was the captain of the ship who had died seven days previously?

I agree, maybe we're all guilty of reading more into this than was intended.

Remember last series? Remember what Tocalfane actually translates to?

"Toc la fane" - literally "Fool the fan" in French.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bertypop wrote: »

I'm with you on this. The goddess story was a myth, what really happened was that someone (possibly a woman) landed in his/her space ship and placed the terraforming device and little machines to make people with single cell wotsit.
    The whole, breathing life, giving life, sighing on her creation and this being the source which will make them all powerful (or something) is a manipulation of the true tory of the terraform. There was no actual goddess.

My interpretation anyway :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    I think most fans of the new series are way too keen to make Rose more than she is/was.
  • The SlugThe Slug Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mhanbai wrote: »
    I think most Executive Producer/Lead Writers of the new series are way too keen to make Rose more than she is/was.

Fixed that for you! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet Jenny meets the Face Of Boe soon (in her spinoff).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    erm... i thought of rose for a second but the source did breathe life into the planet. I think that was what was meant. As for Jenny, that reminded me of the energy that left the Doctor after he regenerated into DT and was in bed.
  • mclovinmclovin Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Three question marks in the subect? this can only mean one thing -

IT'S TIME FOR WILD SPECULATION!!!!
  • holsy1982holsy1982 Posts: 1,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking about wild speculation, Could jenny have only been starting the regeneration process, could it continue after we left. Could she turn into Rose.
    Forum Member
    holsy1982 wrote: »
    Talking about wild speculation, Could jenny have only been starting the regeneration process, could it continue after we left. Could she turn into Rose.

That would cast a very EWWWW-Y light on Series 1 & 2 don't you think? :confused:
  • tombalandtombaland Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

you ARE joking right?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You see I don't mean the rose we've met in series 1 and 2.
    As daft as this goes, do we know that billie piper is playing Rose, and not another character who looks like her.
    Could Billie piper not be playing Jenny, who has regenerated into a memory which has passed through the gene's from the doctor.

OK, I know it's unlikely, but surely it's no more obscure than Billie saying in interviews she'd like turn be the doctor,.members
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I explained myself properly. I don't mean the Rose who we've had in Series 1&2.
    Could Jenny not have regenerated after the end of this episode? Surely that'd be possible, we know from the first christmas special that regenerations can take some time.
    Is it not possible that in a regeneration Time-Lords, or whatever Jenny really is, can mould their form into shapes from their memory? (Not a big classic series fan so don't know the rules on regenerations)
    If so, it's not unfeasible that some memories were taking from the cloning process is it.

So far all we've seen this series is a billie piper playing a character who may, or may not be trying to find the doctor.
    noel clark played both Ricky and mickey, Couldn't billie piper not play a regenerated Jenny (maybe called Rejenny) instead of Rose.
    Ok ok I know it's unlikely, but you so know I'm going to gloat like crazy if I'm right. And surely it's no more unlikely than some of the other speculation on here. I mean if I recall correctly Billie herself has said she'd like to play a timelord in the future, all be it she wanted to be the doctor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I explained myself properly. I don't mean the Rose who we've had in Series 1&2.
    Could Jenny not have regenerated after the end of this episode? Surely that'd be possible, we know from the first christmas special that regenerations can take some time.
    Is it not possible that in a regeneration Time-Lords, or whatever Jenny really is, can mould their form into shapes from their memory? (Not a big classic series fan so don't know the rules on regenerations)
    If so, it's not unfeasible that some memories were taking from the cloning process is it.

So far all we've seen this series is a billie piper playing a character who may, or may not be trying to find the doctor.
    noel clark played both Ricky and mickey, Couldn't billie piper not play a regenerated Jenny (maybe called Rejenny) instead of Rose.
    Ok ok I know it's unlikely, but you so know I'm going to gloat like crazy if I'm right. And surely it's no more unlikely than some of the other speculation on here. I mean if I recall correctly Billie herself has said she'd like to play a timelord in the future, all be it she wanted to be the doctor.

MUST RESIST URGE TO THROW SELF OUT OF WINDOW

Mrs Awsome? someone?anyone?????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    having read that post again, well done. and people say irony is a dead scene!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can mock, Infact dammit you are doing.

Ok I'll go and sit in corner quietly and think about the ridiculous notion I put forward.

But you just wait, if I'm right ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Actually, on the note of Rose looking into the TARDIS and the TARDIS looking in to her, maybe she sent the Doctor to create Jenny for a deeper purpose...
    Forum Member
    ayre123 wrote: »
    Actually, on the note of Rose looking into the TARDIS and the TARDIS looking in to her, maybe she sent the Doctor to create Jenny for a deeper purpose...

This would be a cool idea :cool: and even if it doesn't come to fruition, I hope that the finale does something with the whole Rose/TARDIS thing. I don't know why it bothers me, but it feels like there was a lot left unsaid about that experience and how it affected her---if just being around the Doctor (as Series 4 has belabored!!) can trainwreck your life, what would the TARDIS do? I guess the end of Series 1 was just a bit too tidy.