Options

The Unicorn and the Wasp-Newsround review

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
Forum Member
✭✭
Lizo from Newsrounds review
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_7390000/newsid_7396200/7396286.stm

Our Doctor Who superfan Lizo reviews the seventh episode of the fourth series - The Unicorn and The Wasp.

Gosh, we're already more than halfway through the series. Doesn't time fly when you're having fun? And fun is definitely what this episode is.

After landing in the 1920s, The Doctor and Donna are quickly drawn into sinister goings on at a country house.

People are being killed off one by one - just like they are in the mystery stories by the famous author Agatha Christie, who also happens to be a guest.

There's a giant wasp somehow involved too.

So The Doctor and Donna team up with Agatha Christie to try and solve the mystery, and find the murderer.

Lots of fun

It must be said, the plot of this episode does get a bit overcomplicated towards the end, but you don't really care because you're laughing so much.

This is by far the funniest story so far this series. David Tennant is on great form, helped along by a script that delivers a gag a minute.

And of course Catherine Tate, who's got a strong comedy background, gives a perfect performance too.

So with things looking like they could be getting much darker over the second half of the series, this is just what Doctor Who needs - a story that's sure to put a huge grin on your face for 45 minutes.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lizo from Newsrounds review
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_7390000/newsid_7396200/7396286.stm

Our Doctor Who superfan Lizo reviews the seventh episode of the fourth series - The Unicorn and The Wasp.

Gosh, we're already more than halfway through the series. Doesn't time fly when you're having fun? And fun is definitely what this episode is.

After landing in the 1920s, The Doctor and Donna are quickly drawn into sinister goings on at a country house.

People are being killed off one by one - just like they are in the mystery stories by the famous author Agatha Christie, who also happens to be a guest.

There's a giant wasp somehow involved too.

So The Doctor and Donna team up with Agatha Christie to try and solve the mystery, and find the murderer.

Lots of fun

It must be said, the plot of this episode does get a bit overcomplicated towards the end, but you don't really care because you're laughing so much.

This is by far the funniest story so far this series. David Tennant is on great form, helped along by a script that delivers a gag a minute.

And of course Catherine Tate, who's got a strong comedy background, gives a perfect performance too.

So with things looking like they could be getting much darker over the second half of the series, this is just what Doctor Who needs - a story that's sure to put a huge grin on your face for 45 minutes.

out of curiousity has Lizo ever given Who a negative review?
  • Options
    stcoopstcoop Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why not read them and find out?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stcoop wrote: »
    Why not read them and find out?

you know I might jolly well do that. i was also asking for others views. thanks. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    "when it looks like Doctor Who may just be growing up a little bit and entering into a difficult world with real threats, they stick Catherine Tate back into 'Lauren' mode and ruin it all...."
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member

I think she's pretty positive over all (I'm assuming Lizo is a she). But she also makes some very valid constructive criticisms and I usually find that I agree with her opinion, once I've viewed the episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Nope Lizo is a he
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    I think she's pretty positive over all (I'm assuming Lizo is a she). But she also makes some very valid constructive criticisms and I usually find that I agree with her opinion, once I've viewed the episode.

thanks Mulett. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Im not really looking forward to this one guys...

...really sorry...
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member

Yes! He's quite critical, he always praises it, but he's not afraid to pick it up on it's failures, some episodes have got 3/5 or less.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mulett wrote: »

Lizo's a guy, the guy on the left of this photo:
    http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41383000/jpg/_41383681_newsround203.jpg

He's a big fantasy and sci-fi fan. He reviews things like Harry Potter, Lord of the rings and of course doctor who.

His opinions are usually spot on.

The only episode people don't agree with him on is love and monsters, but he's reviewing for children and children may have enjoyed that episode more than most, hence it's good review from him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes! He's quite critical, he always praises it, but he's not afraid to pick it up on it's failures, some episodes have got 3/5 or less.

thanks to you too DS. nice to see some helpful people around. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thanks to you too DS. nice to see some helpful people around. :)

No problem :)
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He wasn't so keen on the last episode I don't think.

BTW, I heard he has been promoted from Newsround to the BBC entertainment correspondent (or something similar), so I guess after this series we'll either get no reviews on that site or someone else will take over...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »

BTW, I heard he has been promoted from Newsround to the BBC entertainment correspondent (or something similar), so I guess after this series we'll either get no reviews on that site or someone else will take over...

Think they should appoint Rooks and Yoonix immediately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think they should appoint Rooks and Yoonix immediately.

Lol....I think they should get The Slug to do it personally..;):D
  • Options
    dddddarrendddddarren Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL!:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There'll only be a few specials to review next year anyway:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There'll only be a few specials to review next year anyway:(

Yeah true....

*tries not to get gloomy*

*fails*

:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

perhaps there could be a panel of critics.
  • Options
    stcoopstcoop Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    perhaps there could be a panel of critics.

Or just the one as long as they agree with what you think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stcoop wrote: »
    Or just the one as long as they agree with what you think.

pmsl.

er...where did you get the one from. oh I forget who I was talking to there. making wild assumptions again dear stcoop. naughty naughty.:D
  • Options
    The SlugThe Slug Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't know what to say. :)

Oops, not a good start to my TV critic career. :o
  • Options
    dddddarrendddddarren Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Slug wrote: »
    I don't know what to say. :)

LOL dont give up your day job :D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Slug wrote: »

lol....:D

I'm sure you'd be a natural....;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    So... more comedy then?

When do we get to Moffat's? Probably the only writer that remembers that DW's meant to be a bit scary now and again!