Love Film

louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am thinking about taking out the free trial of love film instant, which will allow me to stream film/tv episodes - I don't want the discs - but, before I do so, I wonder if anyone can tell me how easy it is to set up and stream the programmes onto my laptop?

Comments

• GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    louise1966 wrote: »
    I am thinking about taking out the free trial of love film instant, which will allow me to stream film/tv episodes - I don't want the discs - but, before I do so, I wonder if anyone can tell me how easy it is to set up and stream the programmes onto my laptop?

very easy,you just click them off the website and they start pretty quickly,comes into its own when you've got other things like a PS3 or a 360 or other connected device to be able to watch them on the telly
  • super__d2345super__d2345 Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't bother using the streaming service the selection of films on there is appalling.

What's the big deal in posting a disc? I pay 9.99 per month for 2 discs at a time and unlimited rentals and usually watch 12-16 dvd's/blurays per month. Super Value!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    The streaming quality of lovefilm is quite poor on PC as well.

I find the picture is jittery and makes it difficult to enjoy the movie. That's on 2 different laptops.

Much better to stream using an xbox or a ps3 although recently the streaming quality on the xbox app has been poor on weekend evenings.
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malacath wrote: »
    The streaming quality of lovefilm is quite poor on PC as well.

I find the picture is jittery and makes it difficult to enjoy the movie. That's on 2 different laptops.

Much better to stream using an xbox or a ps3 although recently the streaming quality on the xbox app has been poor on weekend evenings.

Each to their own. I want to watch tv programmes - mostly US - and am not really a film buff. Also, because I work, I don't really have the spare time to watch movies.
  • wakeywakey Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malacath wrote: »

That's your computer imho. Only streaming quality issue I have is the lack of content in HD that they have
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the big deal in posting a disc? I pay 9.99 per month for 2 discs at a time and unlimited rentals and usually watch 12-16 dvd's/blurays per month. Super Value!

The problem with waiting for a disc to arrive by post is that sometimes you are in the mood for a particular genre - comedy, action, romance etc - and by the time your DVD arrives your mood may have changed. This happens to us in our household quite frequently.