Can Kylie get another number 1 single?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Only if she focuses on being good.

This whole Roc Nation deal reeks of ''one last shot at cracking America'', and it's not going to work. She's too old, unfortunately.
  • kyleeekyleee Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    I see no reason at all why kylie cant get a number 1 single. She is still well loved by the uk and she still looks and sounds fantastic. Shes very likeable and down to earth with a great personality and doesnt use any gimmicks to sell records ( take note gaga!) I liked the way the whole 25th anniversary was handled and if and when she releases a new single and album hopefully roc nation will promote the music properly. Altho im not sure about the whole rap artist thing supposedly featured on her new single....altho i loved the "shocked" rap so who knows! Im v excited to hear her new stuff!!
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kylie hasn't had a #1 in 10 years, the odds are very much stacked against her.
  • supertalksupertalk Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She should be so lucky
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Kylie hasn't had a #1 in 10 years, the odds are very much stacked against her.

She's done it before with much worse odd's Tears On My Pillow- Spinning Around 10 years.

With the right song good marketing and radio play it isn't impossible. ATL should have doen it but for some reason it stalled at #3 but became her biggest seller in about 9 years.
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope so :)
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the replies! Given me a bit more hope! Album wise Kylie doesn't have a problem; I'm just apprehensive of how the radio stations will react to a new Kylie single. It's surprising how much influence they have really...
  • kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geri Halliwell is more likely to get a number one single... Sorry but it's true.
    Frenemies
  • TheWildHeartTheWildHeart Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    i don't know, people are going on about how "all the lovers" could have been #1, but "timebomb" didn't exactly set the charts alight last year.

Because unlike Timebomb, All the Lovers had decent radio play, lots of promotion (radio, multiple TV performances and interviews, it was played on T4, online promo, etc.) and healthy sales. The only real big promotion Timebomb had was The Voice performance. All the Lovers initially entered the UK singles chart at #4 before moving to #3 once the physical copies were released. It's been mentioned numerous times since its release that the song probably would have hit #1 had the digital and physical copies been released in the same week (Kylie fans love those physical releases). Timebomb has sold about 43,504 copies to date, much less than what All the Lovers has sold in total.

I don't think Kylie really has anything left to prove at this point in her career, same with Madonna (her last UK #1 was five years ago). I'm sure if either of them release a strong pop song that connects with both the public and the radio then there's no reason why they can't top the charts again.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because unlike Timebomb, All the Lovers had decent radio play, lots of promotion (radio, multiple TV performances and interviews, it was played on T4, online promo, etc.) and healthy sales. The only real big promotion Timebomb had was The Voice performance. All the Lovers initially entered the UK singles chart at #4 before moving to #3 once the physical copies were released. It's been mentioned numerous times since its release that the song probably would have hit #1 had the digital and physical copies been released in the same week (Kylie fans love those physical releases). Timebomb has sold about 43,504 copies to date, much less than what All the Lovers has sold in total.

i am aware of that, like you say, all this information as been repeated consistently by her fans and people seem to continue asserting this opinion like it somehow changes what others are saying.:D my position has been clear, but if you want me to re-clarify, "all the lovers" was back in 2010 and received substantial airplay. come 2012, commercial radio was not biting with "timebomb", despite its initial buzz with the performance and video.

she will need to get commercial radio back on board to get anywhere near to top 10 at this stage, so it will be interesting to see what she out with.