Samsung UE32EH5000 - Strange screen flickering

Hi Everybody,

I wand to write about the problem I've got with this TV.
Got it yesterday from Amazon, plugged it in and immediately some strange flicerking of the screen started to show up. This is happening for both HDMI (laptop plugged in) and Freeview aerial. I've recorded short video to better illustrate what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF1vIeFWg6E

Did anyone else have similar problems? Is the TV faulty?

Thanks,

Maciej

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First thing to do...

Go into the picture settings menu and turn off all so-called picture enhancement features. They may have the word DYNAMIC in the title. Or something along those lines. In my experience these "enhancements" only degrade the picture. So to eliminate the possibility of one of these "features" causing the problem turn them all off and see what happens.

You may have to do this for each input as many TVs let you use different settings for Freeview and HDMI (and each separate HDMI as well).

If after tweaking the settings it still does it then there could well be a fault. As it's brand new you should contact the seller and get it sorted.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Even with the Dynamic setting the screen shouldn't be doing that.
    I'd probably contact Amazon or the seller you purchased from and see if you can get it replaced.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Yeah looks faulty to me, ive got the 40" version downstairs (bought about 2x weeks ago) and it doesn't do that, have no problems at all with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Thanks All, you confirmed what I was expecting. Returning it to Amazon for a replacement. Thanks!