http://www.nfl.com

the reports i have read are suggesting RG3
  • Options
    dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    the reports i have read are suggesting RG3

Can't remember the defending Superbowl champions having a totally different QB roster for week 1 in the following season

They were musing on the ATL podcast that they may make Denver v Houston the opening night game....That would be interesting:p

Houston also signed Lamar Miller at RB
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,959
    Forum Member
    dtcdtcdtc wrote: »
    Can't remember the defending Superbowl champions having a totally different QB roster for week 1 in the following season

They were musing on the ATL podcast that they may make Denver v Houston the opening night game....That would be interesting:p

Luckily I read the answer to this earlier. Baltimore in 2001 were the last team to win a Superbowl and start the next season without their top 2 QB's.
  • Options
    MatthartlaneMatthartlane Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Osweiler getting 72mil apparently 😳😳!..

DeMarco Murray gone to the Titans!..

Bruce Irvin, possibly going to Raiders 👍👍
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member

the eagles have within the space of a few months since getting rid of chip kelly also got rid of almost all the major signings he made , its like they are trying to pretend he never happened
  • Options
    Nova21Nova21 Posts: 14,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Heard the ATL guys earlier, Wes was againts it!
    Am surprised that Osweiler walked...
    Exciting signing for the Titans, Murray. Well at least he's a big name!
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nova21 wrote: »
    Am surprised that Osweiler walked...

Couldn't blame him if he's pissed off at being benched for the corpse of Peyton at the end of the season. Peyton riding in and taking all the glory despite being awful even in the playoffs must have been pretty galling for him.

However I can't see him justifying the contract that Houston have given him, he was better than the corpse last year but $18 million for four years is surely too much. The Broncos are better off without doing that deal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    $18m in the first year isnt it??
    Seems crazy money, but I like O'Brien and hope him and Watt make it to the play offs next season
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nova21 wrote: »
    $18m in the first year isnt it??

Correct, meant $18m per year for four years. $72m total. As you say, crazy money.
  • Options
    Forum Member

$37m guaranteed is the real eye opener. If he's terrible and gets benched after a few games thats a hell of a lot of money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luckily I read the answer to this earlier. Baltimore in 2001 were the last team to win a Superbowl and start the next season without their top 2 QB's.

Thanks, forgotten all about the Ravens
  • Options
    detroitcitydetroitcity Posts: 4,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a bit disappointed Osweiler decided to go elsewhere but on the other hand I'm delighted we didn't fork out that sort of money. It's a crazy amount for someone with only 7 starts who may turn out to be little better than average.

We have picked up Mark Sanchez, hopefully just as back up or to be used as a future trade. If he is our starting QB on opening night I fear the worst. Colin Kaperpick6 doesn't filll me with much hope either. I'd far rather see us try and get Glennon or Hoyer.

Danny Trevathan and Malik Jackson have both gone so will need to be replaced but I have 100% faith in Elway. I'm sure he'll get us good replacements for next season.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen it suggested on Nfl.com Houston v Denver will be the opening night game too.

Think RG3 will end up at the Jets
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Id love Rg3 to be able to recreate that first season he had in the league.
    They played him too long after the injury in the game that it occurred and then brought him back too soon before full recovery, that ruined him.

Still think he will be an exciting signing wherever he goes
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame to see Irvin and Mebane go, but Jon Ryan getting another 4 years is a shrewd move. Punters often fly under the radar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    johnny football sacked by the browns

lets hope they keep jerry jones in a locked room with no phones for the next week or so to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

lets hope they keep jerry jones in a locked room with no phones for the next week or so to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid

I doubt Dallas would sign him, the Browns had told him in January they were firing him this week- they couldn't do it earlier for cap related reasons if I recall correctly- so if Dallas were interested it'd have come out by now methinks. If he had shown promise in the games he played that'd be one thing, but he really didn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Sacked isn't really the right word but it has been a foregone conclusion for weeks if not months. I'm not sure he'll ever play in the NFL again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    I doubt Dallas would sign him, the Browns had told him in January they were firing him this week- they couldn't do it earlier for cap related reasons if I recall correctly- so if Dallas were interested it'd have come out by now methinks. If he had shown promise in the games he played that'd be one thing, but he really didn't.
    Sacked isn't really the right word but it has been a foregone conclusion for weeks if not months. I'm not sure he'll ever play in the NFL again.

what i had read about the timing is the browns were hoping that the domestic violence incidents he had been involved in would lead to charges so they could bin him without taking the cap hit that i believe they have had to take

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/166844652/johnny-manziel-not-cut-browns-free-agency

it does seem such a waste that a guy who was obviously talented doesn't seem to have any sense of self-control or professionalism
  • Options
    Forum Member
    what i had read about the timing is the browns were hoping that the domestic violence incidents he had been involved in would lead to charges so they could bin him without taking the cap hit that i believe they have had to take

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/166844652/johnny-manziel-not-cut-browns-free-agency

it does seem such a waste that a guy who was obviously talented doesn't seem to have any sense of self-control or professionalism

Thanks for that. The NFL cap is one of the most confusing things in sport.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some sad news

Baltimore Ravens cornerback Tray Walker died Friday from injuries he sustained from a dirt bike crash in Florida on Thursday night. He was 23.

Walker was seriously injured after the dirt bike he was riding collided with a sport utility vehicle at an intersection in Miami at approximately 7:50 p.m. ET Thursday, the Miami-Dade Police Department stated in a news release. He was transported to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami in critical condition after sustaining serious head injuries and spent all night in surgery, three sources told Rapoport. Walker died at 5 p.m. ET Friday, Butler told Rapoport.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000645688/article/ravens-tray-walker-dies-from-injuries-suffered-in-dirt-bike-crash
  • Options
    culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow What a start to free agency

Osweiler tells the Broncos to get lost and signs for the Texans :o

Don't blame him. Very shabbily treated by the Broncos. Should have started in the play-offs and SB (Broncos fan btw)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    culttvfan wrote: »
    Don't blame him. Very shabbily treated by the Broncos. Should have started in the play-offs and SB (Broncos fan btw)

I wonder if the Broncos would have paid him what he wanted? To me the Broncos were transformed when Peyton came back, I don't think they would have got near the SB title with Osweiler.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To me the Broncos were transformed when Peyton came back

He was awful when he came back, no part of Denver's championship can be attributed to Manning.

His playoff line was a painful 51/92 (a 55% completion percentage) for just 539 yards with 2 TDs and (insanely flukily) 1 INT.

That's a QB rating across the three games of 75.4. That would have put him 32nd out of qualifying QBs in the regular season (although it was I suppose marginally better than the 67.9 rating he threw up in the regular season which itself was 35th and last among qualifying QBs).

The proof of how bad he was in the playoffs is there for all to see as no team will touch him with a barge pole this season and he has had no choice but to call time on his career.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bosox wrote: »
    He was awful when he came back, no part of Denver's championship can be attributed to Manning.

His playoff line was a painful 51/92 (a 55% completion percentage) for just 539 yards with 2 TDs and (insanely flukily) 1 INT.

That's a QB rating across the three games of 75.4. That would have put him 32nd out of qualifying QBs in the regular season (although it was I suppose marginally better than the 67.9 rating he threw up in the regular season which itself was 35th and last among qualifying QBs).

The proof of how bad he was in the playoffs is there for all to see as no team will touch him with a barge pole this season and he has had no choice but to call time on his career.

Yes he was awful, I didn't really say he wasn't. The Broncos played much better with him as QB though, perhaps it was confidence, but it was plain to see.