Options

Does tiredness actually exsists in sport

Gregg-Pieman9Gregg-Pieman9 Posts: 32,269
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My 3 favourite sports are Cricket, Football & Snooker. All 3 sports get media reports on players getting tired and playing to much. Do you think tiredness in sport actually exists

Comments

• Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,069
    Forum Member
    Probably not so much in those sports but in demanding endurance sports I'd say do..

Its all down to fitness and mentality of the individual /team involved..
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It isn't the physical side so much ( although fast bowlers do their bodies through a lot ) it is the mental aspect. Cricketers especially can spend months on end away from home and their families. We are seeing an increasing amount of sports stars who are suffering mentally and this probably stems from this. I couldn't do it at all.
  • Options
    howard hhoward h Posts: 23,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't the physical side so much ( although fast bowlers do their bodies through a lot ) it is the mental aspect. Cricketers especially can spend months on end away from home and their families. We are seeing an increasing amount of sports stars who are suffering mentally and this probably stems from this. I couldn't do it at all.
    Yes, I think "weary" is a better phrase than "tired", especially regarding sports people who have to travel a lot.
    These days few get a proper break; with cricket if you don't want to go on tour you can lose your place when you're ready again....but factor in a lot of sportsmen/women are simply chasing the buck (Tennis?) when they could take a break, but even so add to that they would lose ranking points so in their future tournaments they would have a harder time.
    Maybe there should be world-wide rules which demand players take time off, so in - say - golf or tennis EVERYONE is forced to miss a smaller tournament or two so there's no disadvantage.
    But they want the bucks....