singhss1singhss1 Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you be more specific?
  • Options
    ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a cat and mouse game that has probably been mostly won by the content distributors. Private download sites like thebox.bz have bitten the dust. Now in order to get around copyright youtube clips of old shows are surrounded by a theatre and curtains or have 'fog' to evade detection. It's so easy to purchase content nowadays old and new it's probably best to do that and leave youtube to the vloggers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I see. So you can't upload any old shows on there is that what you mean. I remember a guy DVDFever who couldn't believe why all his hard work of uploading had been removed.
  • Options
    ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    singhss1 wrote: »
    Oh I see. So you can't upload any old shows on there is that what you mean. I remember a guy DVDFever who couldn't believe why all his hard work of uploading had been removed.
    If it's an obscure show that's never likely to released on DVD then you can probaly get away with it but for the stuff that people probably look for don't expect the quality to be up to much or the clips to be up very long!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ohglobbits wrote: »
    If it's an obscure show that's never likely to released on DVD then you can probaly get away with it but for the stuff that people probably look for don't expect the quality to be up to much or the clips to be up very long!

How about other ways of sharing?
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With FTTC its now much easier to upload TV Shows but still maybe not a lot point to YT if its just going to be deleted.
    Some my stuff that is copyright I do upload to dailymotion as it will not effect my YT account.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With FTTC its now much easier to upload TV Shows but still maybe not a lot point to YT if its just going to be deleted.
    Some my stuff that is copyright I do upload to daiymotion as it will not effect my YT account.

You would expect YT to delete it as you do not own the copyright or am I not correct?
  • Options
    davdodavdo Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    The aggressive stance from copyright holders is often farcical and pathetic. I posted a youtube video of my son and his friends acting stupid with a System of a Down song playing in the background. It was blocked at first and after complaining it is now clear to view but only in the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some my stuff that is copyright I do upload to dailymotion as it will not effect my YT account.

May I ask what FTTC is?
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fibre broadband has much higher upload speed for uploading stuff.
    But its finding somewhere to store your videos that is problem.
  • Options
    davdodavdo Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    May I ask what FTTC is?
    The first answer on a google search would tell you "FTTC stands for Fibre to the Cabinet. It's one of two ways in which next-gen fibre optic broadband is being delivered to homes and businesses in the UK. FTTC in a nutshell is much easier and cheaper to deliver en masse than its counterpart, FTTP or Fibre to the Premises (sometimes called FTTH or Fibre to the Home)"
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davdo wrote: »
    The aggressive stance from copyright holders is often farcical and pathetic. I posted a youtube video of my son and his friends acting stupid with a System of a Down song playing in the background. It was blocked at first and after complaining it is now clear to view but only in the UK.

It's a good job you don't live in Germany. The copyright laws there are much stronger.

I occasionally upload videos of records playing on one or other of my jukeboxes, for fellow enthusiasts.
    Some just have the line "Matched Third Party Content" added to them by YouTube.

This means that the copyright owners are aware that you've made the track available, they are allowing you to do it, but you might get advertisements tacked on the beginning.

At other times it will say "Videos Blocked in Some Countries," if you click on that, nine times out of ten it'll say "Blocked in Germany" and no other country.

I don't do it now, but I used to now and again, upload recordings I made on my electric piano, of popular jazz standards to share with like-minded people.
    I never included the title of the tune in the description, just the file number from my camera.
    The software YouTube use can even detect a copyrighted tune, presumably just by the sequence of notes played and so restrict if and where it can be viewed, if the rights owner so choose, (I can't see how else it could have been accomplished), which was a pain..
    I don't bother with doing that now, I use "Box" like most people I know with a similar interest..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good job you don't live in Germany. The copyright laws there are much stronger.

I occasionally upload videos of records playing on one or other of my jukeboxes, for fellow enthusiasts.
    Some just have the line "Matched Third Party Content" added to them by YouTube.

This means that the copyright owners are aware that you've made the track available, they are allowing you to do it, but you might get advertisements tacked on the beginning.

At other times it will say "Videos Blocked in Some Countries," if you click on that, nine times out of ten it'll say "Blocked in Germany" and no other country.

I don't do it now, but I used to now and again, upload recordings I made on my electric piano, of popular jazz standards to share with like-minded people.
    I never included the title of the tune in the description, just the file number from my camera.
    The software YouTube use can even detect a copyrighted tune, presumably just by the sequence of notes played and so restrict if and where it can be viewed, if the rights owner so choose, (I can't see how else it could have been accomplished), which was a pain..
    I don't bother with doing that now, I use "Box" like most people I know with a similar interest..

"Box"?
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Box"?

it's a free hosting site. Box.com.
    It's like PhotoBucket, but mostly used for audio.

You can paste the link for individual audio recordings you've uploaded either in an e-mail or on a message board site like this.
    I subscribe to a message board dedicated to electric pianos. We post links to new tunes or arrangements we've learned for others to hear and "make helpful suggestions."