welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    i think sion and megan should get together
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really loved todays show.
    Efion is so lazy. I hope he gets found out soon.
  • Options
    sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Extra set of spoilers for next week
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/film-news/soap-spoilers-sonias-secret-out-8164848
    Pobol y Cwm

Colin realises Eifion faked his injury at APD in order to sue the company. He asks Colin for help, and he agrees, for a price...

Meic and Gabriela become friends while discussing the community film, but as Gabriela is about to share her secret with Meic, he cuts her off and tells her he’s dying from cancer. She is shocked and admits to Siôn the real reason she’s in Cwmderi.

With Garry’s stag night ruined when he’s arrested, things go from bad to worse on the day of the wedding when Sheryl gets pulled into the fracas and Garry has to rescue her. But will he make it back in time for the wedding? Or will Dani be left at the altar?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    looking good next week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    Extra set of spoilers for next week
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/film-news/soap-spoilers-sonias-secret-out-8164848
    Pobol y Cwm

Colin realises Eifion faked his injury at APD in order to sue the company. He asks Colin for help, and he agrees, for a price...

Meic and Gabriela become friends while discussing the community film, but as Gabriela is about to share her secret with Meic, he cuts her off and tells her he’s dying from cancer. She is shocked and admits to Siôn the real reason she’s in Cwmderi.

With Garry’s stag night ruined when he’s arrested, things go from bad to worse on the day of the wedding when Sheryl gets pulled into the fracas and Garry has to rescue her. But will he make it back in time for the wedding? Or will Dani be left at the altar?

Thanks for those extra spoilers sderr.
    I wonder if Gabriela turns out to be Meics daughter, or are somehow related? She seems very interested in Meic, and was quite hostile to Anita once she found out Anita was marrying Meic again.
    I hope Gabriela becomes more permanent. I like her.
  • Options
    nymbusangelnymbusangel Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wavlovr wrote: »
    Thanks for those extra spoilers sderr.
    I wonder if Gabriela turns out to be Meics daughter, or are somehow related? She seems very interested in Meic, and was quite hostile to Anita once she found out Anita was marrying Meic again.
    I hope Gabriela becomes more permanent. I like her.
    Yeah Gabriela is Meic's daughter

Not watched since May I feel I need to get back into it, hope a wedding actually goes ahead this time- Dani and Garry's. And don't like the idea of Anita and Meic remarrying last I saw he was having feelings for Debbie. What happened with Kevin, I know he went to prison but didn't something happen whilst he was there?

A brief catch up would be nice if someone would be kind enough to do it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah Gabriela is Meic's daughter

Not watched since May I feel I need to get back into it, hope a wedding actually goes ahead this time- Dani and Garry's. And don't like the idea of Anita and Meic remarrying last I saw he was having feelings for Debbie. What happened with Kevin, I know he went to prison but didn't something happen whilst he was there?

A brief catch up would be nice if someone would be kind enough to do it.

Lots of anti-climatic short storylines have been happening Nymbus. Kevin is still in prison. There was one 30 sec. scene where he found out Meic and Debbie were together. They've broken up because Meic is dying of lung cancer. I am not sure why Meic and Debbie were ever put together since nothing came of it.

Anniversary week Gemma went off the deep end misidentified a dead mugger as Mark for attention. Mark's family came back, there was a funeral and then Mark turned up alive. Gemma went away with her father which is supposed to solve all her problems.

Ed and Sioned lost the Deri because of financial problems. Sion bought it but he stole money from the chapel to do so. Now the chapel has rats.

Sheryl and Hwyel are having the world's most boring affair.

Garry went to China and either stole or smuggled in some handbags and didn't pay customs tax. Gethin is selling them. This is supposed to be a big shocking crime storyline. Its not.

Ffion and Jinx want to adopt a kid. There is some kind of storyline going on with one of Ffion's students who had a baby. Ffion and Gethin delivered it. Not sure what's happening with that.

Eifion sold his half of the farm to Jim. Now he wants to be lazy and not work.

Gwyneth and Sioned have gone into business repairing used clothing.

Iolo had OCD and has apparently now been cured and wants to work in the Deri.

Gabriella a visitor from Patagonia has arrived.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of anti-climatic short storylines have been happening Nymbus. Kevin is still in prison. There was one 30 sec. scene where he found out Meic and Debbie were together. They've broken up because Meic is dying of lung cancer. I am not sure why Meic and Debbie were ever put together since nothing came of it.

Anniversary week Gemma went off the deep end misidentified a dead mugger as Mark for attention. Mark's family came back, there was a funeral and then Mark turned up alive. Gemma went away with her father which is supposed to solve all her problems.

Ed and Sioned lost the Deri because of financial problems. Sion bought it but he stole money from the chapel to do so. Now the chapel has rats.

Sheryl and Hwyel are having the world's most boring affair.

Garry went to China and either stole or smuggled in some handbags and didn't pay customs tax. Gethin is selling them. This is supposed to be a big shocking crime storyline. Its not.

Ffion and Jinx want to adopt a kid. There is some kind of storyline going on with one of Ffion's students who had a baby. Ffion and Gethin delivered it. Not sure what's happening with that.

Eifion sold his half of the farm to Jim. Now he wants to be lazy and not work.

Gwyneth and Sioned have gone into business repairing used clothing.

Iolo had OCD and has apparently now been cured and wants to work in the Deri.

Gabriella a visitor from Patagonia has arrived.

Oh my days! At least Mark is still alive. Has Gemma left then?
    Shocked at St Sion.

Yeah the Iolo storyline is kind of why I stopped watching you don't suddenly develop OCD at nearly 30 only to have it cured again as quickly.
    Didn't Ed get a bit violent again? and is he still with Sioned?
    Eifion was always a bit lazy is he still sponging off Angela?
    Must catch up soon definitely for the Christmas special.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my days! At least Mark is still alive. Has Gemma left then?
    Shocked at St Sion.

Yeah the Iolo storyline is kind of why I stopped watching you don't suddenly develop OCD at nearly 30 only to have it cured again as quickly.
    Didn't Ed get a bit violent again? and is he still with Sioned?
    Eifion was always a bit lazy is he still sponging off Angela?
    Must catch up soon definitely for the Christmas special.

Gemma probably hasn't left as the actress who plays her tweeted something about Cwm Deri calling. It'll likely be another month until we see her.

Iolo supposedly always had the OCD, but they did nothing with that.

Ed was briefly violent toward Gemma, but once again they did nothing with that. Yes he's still with Sioned. God knows why that couple is very dull and always has been.

Eifion has money from selling the farm and he has been sharing that with Angela. But he doesn't want to work.

So a lot of storylines started and then just stopped or given dull anti-climatic endings. Not really much to say its been a strange selection of storylines for 2014.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    be good to have a good storyline with angela
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshsarah wrote: »
    be good to have a good storyline with angela

I think they should do one with Ed too. We don't know anything about his family life before Gemma. He doesn't seem to have parents. It would be good to know something more about him now that he is no longer has scenes with Gemma and Angela.

DJ needs a purpose. They've hired that actor, so they should use him. I don't understand why that character was created.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New Spoilers
    Pobol y Cwm http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/film-news/soap-spoilers-phil-confronts-nick-8206676

Gethin is under pressure to convince Dani to forgive Garry, but Dani gets a big shock when she finds Sheryl comforting Garry. Hywel believes Sheryl has slept with Garry and she, in turn, is disappointed with his attitude. As a result, Hywel worries Sheryl will disclose their affair to Gaynor.

Siôn insists Gabriella tells Meic the truth or else he will do it for her.

Diane asks Eifion not to prosecute APD for his injury because she forgot to pay the insurance premium. Dai suspects Eifion is faking his injury and is determined to catch him out.

And Gethin believes members of the gang who kidnaped Sheryl are after him.

http://digiguide.tv/show-times/30205/Pobol%20y%20Cwm/page/5/
    http://digiguide.tv/show-times/30205/Pobol%20y%20Cwm/page/6/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Spoilers
    Pobol y Cwm http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/film-news/soap-spoilers-phil-confronts-nick-8206676

Gethin is under pressure to convince Dani to forgive Garry, but Dani gets a big shock when she finds Sheryl comforting Garry. Hywel believes Sheryl has slept with Garry and she, in turn, is disappointed with his attitude. As a result, Hywel worries Sheryl will disclose their affair to Gaynor.

Siôn insists Gabriella tells Meic the truth or else he will do it for her.

Diane asks Eifion not to prosecute APD for his injury because she forgot to pay the insurance premium. Dai suspects Eifion is faking his injury and is determined to catch him out.

And Gethin believes members of the gang who kidnaped Sheryl are after him.

http://digiguide.tv/show-times/30205/Pobol%20y%20Cwm/page/5/
    http://digiguide.tv/show-times/30205/Pobol%20y%20Cwm/page/6/

Some great spoilers for Christmas, and some not so great. Thanks sderr
    I was worried Meic would die on Christmas Day....i`m glad he`s not. But the end is in sight now, and i`m so sad over that.
    So Darren and Wil are back temporarily. Yet Sheryl still finds time to sneak off with Hywel. I hate this storyline more and more.
    :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wavlovr wrote: »
    Some great spoilers for Christmas, and some not so great. Thanks sderr
    I was worried Meic would die on Christmas Day....i`m glad he`s not. But the end is in sight now, and i`m so sad over that.
    So Darren and Wil are back temporarily. Yet Sheryl still finds time to sneak off with Hywel. I hate this storyline more and more.
    :(
    Yeah I agree.
    Yeah the storyline with Sheryl and Hwyel is just super dull. I don't understand why Sheryl and Hwyel want a relationship rather than just a brief fling. I don't see why he would think being with Sheryl is better than Gaynor? They are very similar and Sheryl is very fickle.

Looks like Garry and Dani don't get married >:(. This handbag storyline is just not good enough to ruin a year long storyline. Its not a shocking crime on a tv soap meant for adult viewers and very mild compared to other storylines on this soap.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I agree.
    Yeah the storyline with Sheryl and Hwyel is just super dull. I don't understand why Sheryl and Hwyel want a relationship rather than just a brief fling. I don't see why he would think being with Sheryl is better than Gaynor? They are very similar and Sheryl is very fickle.

Looks like Garry and Dani don't get married >:(. This handbag storyline is just not good enough to ruin a year long storyline. Its not a shocking crime on a tv soap meant for adult viewers and very mild compared to other storylines on this soap.

PYC seems to be getting increasingly childish. It's actually embarrassing to watch at times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    PYC seems to be getting increasingly childish. It's actually embarrassing to watch at times.

I don't know what these writers are thinking. I am sure that they got some complaints last year. There was a week where I think there were 3 rape related storylines going on at the same time. But now they have gone much to far in the other direction writing nothing but mild and inoffensive storylines. I think they've lost many more viewers writing boring storylines that don't offend anyone. Is it worth it for them? It must be because they continue on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know what these writers are thinking. I am sure that they got some complaints last year. There was a week where I think there were 3 rape related storylines going on at the same time. But now they have gone much to far in the other direction writing nothing but mild and inoffensive storylines. I think they've lost many more viewers writing boring storylines that don't offend anyone. Is it worth it for them? It must be because they continue on.

I don't see how. 70'000 viewers a couple of years ago, 40'000 now. This must have contributed to both the loss of the omnibus and the cutting of annual episodes (roughly 60). Being bland and inoffensive is entirely self-defeating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    I don't see how. 70'000 viewers a couple of years ago, 40'000 now. This must have contributed to both the loss of the omnibus and the cutting of annual episodes (roughly 60). Being bland and inoffensive is entirely self-defeating.

That high viewer number would have during the male rape, the pedophile and fire storylines. Certainly those were provocative.

Whatever the viewers might think these bland storylines are certainly working for someone. They continue to be produced unabated even though ratings drop and drop. At one point I thought it was a money problem, but after Gemma's storyline I think it is a deliberate choice to be inoffensive and sentimental. Clearly there are things in the background of the current charecters that would make more interesting storylines than the choices that the writers and producers are making.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nooooo
    Garry kisses Gwyneth?!?!?!? :o Poor Dani
    At least Eifion gets his comeuppance
    and Ffion and Gethin? really?? Hope not :(
    I've never actually seen a genuine wedding on this show, everytime someone's gone to get married it's been cancelled, ruined, not legal etc Hang on tell a lie- Debbie and Kevin, but that was a farce, so not genuine
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oh come on how many men is gwenyth going to kiss but still makes out shes gay
    wonder if there be a new actor for will
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh come on how many men is gwenyth going to kiss but still makes out shes gay
    wonder if there be a new actor for will

More to the point what is the attraction of an unrepentant murderer? Is Gwyneth that sexy? I find it hard to believe that
    the handbag storyline would drive Garry in to the arms of a woman who killed his brother and hired a hitman to kill Dani.

Writer's you need to do better. I expect a lot of complaining if the storyline they've spoiled is really what they are planning to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like s4c will be a full channel on iplayer starting today. I think I will have to check it out to see how the subtitles look. 30 days to catch up on an episode sounds promising.

http://www.s4c.co.uk/caban/?p=10690&lang=en
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I could never see how dani and garry are together
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could never see how dani and garry are together

You will be glad to know there relationship will be permanently ruined because Garry and Gethin were selling handbags. Garry will probably be with the murderer of his brother now which is so heart warming and much more realistic.

I am super happy because it was a crime worse than rape and murder put together.

Has everyone forgotten that a few years ago that Dani was the type of person who stole thousands from Garry, had Gethin rob her flat and then committed insurance fraud. Her beloved Brandon forgave her and still wanted to marry her. Yes, Yes they have.
  • Options
    welsh_Elwelsh_El Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Gabriella. Interesting to gave a character from Patagonia.