The Digital Spy Apprentice Series 4: Task Announcement Thread

_NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
Forum Member
✭✭
Hello again, and welcome to the first task announcement of Digital Spy Apprentice Series 4! Just so you know, this will be the main thread of the series where all the tasks will be announced, and also where viewers can make comments and contestants can post any queries they may have! Additionally, boardrooms for each task will be posted in separate threads.

In a few minutes I will be announcing your teams for the first task, as well as what the task involves. Firstly let's recap the candidates for this series:

Arran (Arran_Dempster)
Emma (EastEnders-1105)
George (george.millman)
Jess (I’ve Got Class)
Mitchell (pothuthic)
Naruto (NarutoFan100)
Roxie (fireemblemcraze)
Shadi (Shadi.)
Stacey (staceyxxx23)
Steve (Soppyfan)
Tom (hownwbrowncow)
Zak (Satanel)

And I'd also like to remind you of my fantastic advisors for this series: David (Carlisle156) and Louise (Strictly_Irish) who will be following you throughout the tasks. Firstly, let's introduce the teams and who you'll all be working with for this first task!

Comments

• NarutoFan100NarutoFan100 Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exciting :D
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let the madness begin!! Good luck to all of our candidates this year :)
  • Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, looking forward to task one :)
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Good luck everyone!
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Team 1:
    George
    Mitchell
    Shadi
    Stacey
    Steve
    Zak

Team 2:
    Arran
    Emma
    Jess
    Naruto
    Roxie
    Tom

Take a look at who you'll be working with for the first task - now for the task reveal!
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love watching this series! I love seeing all the ideas the teams come up with and answering all the surveys! (;-))
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh, here's the thread. This is gonna be good. :)
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Team 2 Woop
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the first task we’re plunging you straight into the middle of one of the toughest industries and placing you in the role of restaurateurs. The task at hand is relatively simple, to collectively come up with an idea for a brand new restaurant to be launched in the UK. However, we expect a high standard of skills to be displayed in your creation of the restaurant, and we are putting particular emphasis on the creativity element of this task and your ability to spot a gap in the market. At the same time, you must also consider what type of restaurant would perform well in this current climate, and the potential success of your restaurant.

For this task, we want you to complete:

1. The idea for your new restaurant, including a name, what kind of food it serves, any particular theme it may have or concept it may be based on and any extras you see necessary.

2. A location for your restaurant, we are not limiting this to just one place, and this also brings up another decision you will have to make – whether you want your restaurant to be a ‘one off’ in a particular location, or part of a chain of restaurants across the country. We expect this to be well researched and with some rationale behind it, the location(s) can be anywhere in the UK.

3. A sample menu of your restaurant along with prices – this does not have to be exhaustive, but needs to give an idea of the kind of food that will be served at your restaurant and price range.

4. An overview of the design and layout of your restaurant.

5. A plan for a launch party to promote your restaurant.

6. Further promotional details for your restaurant.

You have until MONDAY 7TH JUNE AT 5PM to complete this task. At that point your respective advisors will open a thread for your teams in which you must post your pitches. Viewers will have a chance to ask questions and then the boardroom will occur at 8PM the same night, where one team will be named winners and one of you will be fired.
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woah...what a way to start, time for us to go all Chef Ramsey then, yes? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David will be following Team 1 and Louise will be following Team 2.

Please try and organise your Skype chats now with your specific team mates and advisor.

Make sure you decided on a name for your team and a project manager, once you have decided them please post them in this thread.

Best of luck, I look forward to what you all come up with, and if you have any questions feel free to ask!
    Forum Member
    Myself, Stacey and Steve are all on Skype together - could the rest of our team (Mitch, Shadi and Zak) join us ASAP please? :)
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting task to start with, it's nice to be on the other side and be watching this as a viewer for now. Good luck to both teams. :)
    Forum Member
    Our team name is Inspired... we don't have a Project Manager yet as half the team aren't here, but we thought we might as well choose the team name as it doesn't make that much difference.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I will not be there until about 7 as I said in the other thread
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I will not be there until about 7 as I said in the other thread

Okay :) We're brainstorming some ideas, but obviously not choosing anything just yet.

Does anyone know when Shadi and Zak will be around?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay :) We're brainstorming some ideas, but obviously not choosing anything just yet.

Does anyone know when Shadi and Zak will be around?

Not sure about Zak - when I spoke to him he didn't say anything about being late so hopefully he should be here soon, Shadi told me he won't be able to be there at the start but will be there in a few hours so I would get started without him and he can catch up when he gets back :)
    Forum Member
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    Not sure about Zak - when I spoke to him he didn't say anything about being late so hopefully he should be here soon, Shadi told me he won't be able to be there at the start but will be there in a few hours so I would get started without him and he can catch up when he gets back :)

Okay :)
    Forum Member
    Mitch, are you on Skype yet?
  • Arran_DempsterArran_Dempster Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our name is: Aptitude. An initial thought was 'Warrior', but we decided we wants something more powerful! Aptitude basically means a natural ability to do something, and we decided that we wanted that to represent our team. We are all hard working and dedicating, and will do anything to take the crown.
    Forum Member
    I am going to be Project Manager for Team Inspired. :)
  • Arran_DempsterArran_Dempster Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And I will be PM for Team Aptitude.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our team name is Inspired... we don't have a Project Manager yet as half the team aren't here, but we thought we might as well choose the team name as it doesn't make that much difference.
    Our name is: Aptitude. An initial thought was 'Warrior', but we decided we wants something more powerful! Aptitude basically means a natural ability to do something, and we decided that we wanted that to represent our team. We are all hard working and dedicating, and will do anything to take the crown.
    I am going to be Project Manager for Team Inspired. :)
    And I will be PM for Team Aptitude.

Great, thank you! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck to both teams :) obviously I'll have a vested interest in a few of the candidates as I know them from the Strictly forums etc, but it's going to be interesting to see how you all do.

This first task looks good, I'll be intrigued to see what you come up with. I know what I'd choose but I don't think either team would go for it :p

Best of luck guys :)
    Forum Member
    In the past, whenever I've led a team we've lost. Fingers crossed I can break that mould this time! :D