Options

Could Lourdes Leon and Paris Jackson be as big as their parents?

Kellie BKellie B Posts: 255
Forum Member
If rumours are to be believed both Paris Jackson and Lourdes Leon could follow their parents into music. Do you think Paris and Lourdes have what it takes to be as big as Jacko & Madonna respectfully?

Lola Leon is the double of her mother and seems really sweet in interviews she has done. This one makes me laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY_ZcleuHVo

So I could see Lourdes having a Miley type of career but I am not sure if I see Paris being that successful. Although Paris has started to do movies.

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think ...

I struggle to think of Michael Jackson, an African American, being the biological father of a caucasian, blue eyed child.

Lourdes will have a career as a model and designer I think. Of course both will never actually have to work for a living, so it doesn't really matter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lourdes i really feel is going to venture into the more creative/fashion side of things...though there has been speculation she may venture into music, performance, entertainment....but again, just word of mouth.

But tbh my eyes are now on Rocco....he has performed with his mother on the Sticky & Sweet tour (with Lourdes albeit!) and on this MDNA World Tour he has been a dancer and back up singer on a few shows to date! And actually really nails the moves with the dancers....so i reckon maybe he will venture out into the music, entertainment industry.

What we all know is the children will have support from fanbases already....MJs and Madonnas fanbases are huge and so loyal so the support will be there....and also they of course will develop their own fanbases too...and in turn re-market their parents iconography and legacies into a younger generation too...so it is all win-win too :cool:

We will see.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure they will. They will have too much pressure and expectation and too much to live up to and who's to say they will be any good. Just because I like MJ and Madonna it doesn't mean I'll automatically be a fan of their kids, they have to prove themselves
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    I'm not sure they will. They will have too much pressure and expectation and too much to live up to and who's to say they will be any good. Just because I like MJ and Madonna it doesn't mean I'll automatically be a fan of their kids, they have to prove themselves

This

If they are not Ace in what they want to do in entertainment, they will be slaughtered by the press.
  • Options
    mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i dont think they can, in an origfinal genuine way at least. both jacko and madge cut new ground, evolved and created new music, i cant see how their kids could do the same. itll be seen as bandwagon jumping, cashing in, so unless they can forge their own style, i hope they dont.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    i dont think they can, in an origfinal genuine way at least. both jacko and madge cut new ground, evolved and created new music, i cant see how their kids could do the same. itll be seen as bandwagon jumping, cashing in, so unless they can forge their own style, i hope they dont.

^^This

Both could be big stars but there will never be another Michael Jackson or Madonna.
  • Options
    kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More importantly when is Emma Bunton going to pop out a little girl so that she can join:

Harper Seven Beckham
    Bluebell Madonna Halliwell
    Scarlet Chisholm Starr
    & Madison Belafonte Brown

to create The Spice Girls 2.0
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kevlon wrote: »
    ^^This

Both could be big stars but there will never be another Michael Jackson or Madonna.

well in that respect totally not i mean what they did and the reason why they have the status they do in Pop and Music is for what they paved for millions of people today!

So in no way i feel will they truly recapture that (who can??) but if they do well in what ever industry they head into....then of course they will meet success.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kenny12 wrote: »
    More importantly when is Emma Bunton going to pop out a little girl so that she can join:

Harper Seven Beckham
    Bluebell Madonna Halliwell
    Scarlet Chisholm Starr
    & Madison Belafonte Brown

to create The Spice Girls 2.0

They sound like a bunch of New York hookers.
  • Options
    Wooly ShamblerWooly Shambler Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »

You sir, owe me a new keyboard since there's coffee all over mine right now.
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    No.

Almost anything is possible, but I'm confident in ruling it out. Madonna is the greatest female to ever grace music, while Michael Jackson is the greatest male to ever grace music. It'd take a near on miracle for either of these to surpass either of them to be quite frank.
  • Options
    kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haha! :D
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member

The New York Hookers. Sounds like the name of a punk band or maybe a Pussycat Dolls tribute act. Perhaps punk will be back in by the time those kids have grown up? Stranger things have happened!
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The child who I think has the most chance of following in their parents footsteps - Blue Ivy Carter.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The child who I think has the most chance of following in their parents footsteps - Blue Ivy Carter.

Good God, another New York hooker name to add to the collection
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Lourdes will do great in everything she does, whether it's in show business or not because Madonna has done a great job of raising her.

I worry about Paris Jackson. She doesn't have anyone to guide her since her father died. Her crazy relatives are too busy fighting over MJ's money to carry about her and what she is doing. I think it's kind of scary she has her own twitter account and just is allowed to tweet out whatever comes into her mind to the whole world. Madonna would never let Lourdes go wild on twitter. MJ wanted to protect his kids. He would never have let her get on twitter like that when he was alive.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    I think Lourdes will do great in everything she does, whether it's in show business or not because Madonna has done a great job of raising her.

I worry about Paris Jackson. She doesn't have anyone to guide her since her father died. Her crazy relatives are too busy fighting over MJ's money to carry about her and what she is doing. I think it's kind of scary she has her own twitter account and just is allowed to tweet out whatever comes into her mind to the whole world. Madonna would never let Lourdes go wild on twitter. MJ wanted to protect his kids. He would never have let her get on twitter like that when he was alive.

MJ did make even Madonna appear level-headed and normal, which is quite an achievement in itself. If any child of such famous people turns out to be even remotely functional as an adult it's a miracle!

Lourdes does stand more of a chance than Paris, poor kid.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    You also got to remember they need to have talent alone to even make it like their parents did
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna seems to involve both Lourdes and Rocco in alot of the stuff she does. They have been dancing with her on stage since the Re-Invention Tour. Lourdes was even a flower girl for the VMA 2003 performance with Britney and Christina. So if Lourdes & Rocco do decide to go into showbusiness they have learned from the very best.
  • Options
    Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have to hear their songs first.

If they wanted to be as big as their parents, they'd need to create their own memorable image and mystique that doesn't make people think that they're just riding on their parents' coat tails.
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely. Madonna was never even that big.
  • Options
    Tree-Of-LifeTree-Of-Life Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taz93 wrote: »

No of course not. Only the biggest selling female artist in history, with three of the highest grossing tours ever by a solo artist, a career at the pinnacle of A list for 30 years and continues to this day to be regarded as the world's biggest superstar.
  • Options
    BoobobBoobob Posts: 331
    Forum Member

:confused: What LOL
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe, he meant artistical :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    No. I think the biggest thing that stands in the way of children of huge stars is that they never have the journey that their parents will have had to make them the artists that they are today. Madonna moved to New York with nothing and really had no other choice but to make it, she had no back up plan or fall back. So she had that drive and Michael was pushed into fame at a young age and he really knew nothing else. I think that most big stars of today did come from nothing and so had that drive that is needed at the top. Celebrity children are generally spoilt and aren't likely to trail around from label to label to secure a deal. Fight to make sure they've got the best songs because their future and livelihood depend on it.

Unless they end up following GaGa's footsteps and shunning their privileged backgrounds to struggle for years as an underground artist. But even then they'll have the accusations that they're just cashing in on their name etc.

In pop lightning rarely strikes twice in one family.